What Ryan Didnt Say

Guest Council Watcher

Guest Council Watcher

Taxes will go up. Crime will escalate. Council will continue to be a rubber stamp. We are a Welfare city. He will depend on grants to survive.In other words we are going nowhere.

Taxes will go up. Crime will escalate. Council will continue to be a rubber stamp. We are a Welfare city. He will depend on grants to survive.In other words we are going nowhere.

I can't stand you people that complain about everything that happens around you. If you're that concered about it, get involved! Go to City Counsel meetings! Voice you complaints there, its going to get you no where on here. Its one of two things, either you really care about what you're saying or you just like to complain, which is it?

I can't stand you people that complain about everything that happens around you. If you're that concerned about it, get involved! Go to City Counsel meetings! Voice you complaints there, its going to get you no where on here. Its one of two things, either you really care about what you're saying or you just like to complain, which is it?
I'm pretty sure I know who the OP is and he has been to numerous city council meetings only to have his words fall on deaf ears.....As Dr. Phil says you can fix what they won't acknowledge is broken....

I thought Ryan's much ballyhooed " Neighborhood Assemblies" were supposed to be a "grassroots"..."bottom-up"...."participatory democracy" avenue for citizens to advise Ryan, his administration and the city council on public policy matters?

So why the need to create 4 brand new "panels" and "commissions" do do the same thing?

I'll tell you why....because after two years...they've accomplished absolutely nothing of substance...it is not a broad-based grassroots movement...it appeals to a very small radical fringe group of kooks. There is no broad appeal across the political spectrum and that's why the number of people particpating hasn't grown and their impact is nill. The Neighborhood Assemblies are used as a political organizing tool for Citizen Action and THEIR narrow agenda. The process is designed to benefit them...not the city as a whole.

The Neighborhood Assemblies are "yesterday's news"...and they've been impotent in providing anything substantive in turning the city around...creating jobs, fighting crime, raising property values, etc...so it's time to shuck and jive and create something "new and exciting" in order to distract and divert attention away from the demonstrable failure.

When what you're doing isn't working....simply change the name and keep doing the same thing and call it progress and hope the populace is too stupid to catch on.

Obviously Ryan knows what he's doing...Binghamton was stupid enough to elect him...and he knows it.

You fools get what you deserve.

I can't stand you people that complain about everything that happens around you. If you're that concered about it, get involved! Go to City Counsel meetings! Voice you complaints there, its going to get you no where on here. Its one of two things, either you really care about what you're saying or you just like to complain, which is it?

yea so they can call you "obsessed."

do you know how many people have voiced their displeasure? too many to count.

I still can't figure out how this man ended up as mayor. he cannot speak, he cannot speak even what is written before him. he kept swaying from side to side like he is on drugs. he kept reading the speech buut was still stumbling over his words. did you guys notice how the crowd was clapping and cheering everything he had to say! what the heck is going on?

yea so they can call you "obsessed."

do you know how many people have voiced their displeasure? too many to count.

I still can't figure out how this man ended up as mayor. he cannot speak, he cannot speak even what is written before him. he kept swaying from side to side like he is on drugs. he kept reading the speech buut was still stumbling over his words. did you guys notice how the crowd was clapping and cheering everything he had to say! what the heck is going on?

He speaks better than our president...lol

He speaks better than our president...lol

They are equally as horrible public speakers.

Even when faced with just a camera, Ryan can't get two and a half words out without a stammer, or an "uhhhh...."

Neither one of them should speak to any group larger or more significant than a Cub Scout Pack.

I thought Ryan's much ballyhooed " Neighborhood Assemblies" were supposed to be a "grassroots"..."bottom-up"...."participatory democracy" avenue for citizens to advise Ryan, his administration and the city council on public policy matters?

So why the need to create 4 brand new "panels" and "commissions" do do the same thing?

I'll tell you why....because after two years...they've accomplished absolutely nothing of substance...it is not a broad-based grassroots movement...it appeals to a very small radical fringe group of kooks. There is no broad appeal across the political spectrum and that's why the number of people particpating hasn't grown and their impact is nill. The Neighborhood Assemblies are used as a political organizing tool for Citizen Action and THEIR narrow agenda. The process is designed to benefit them...not the city as a whole.

The Neighborhood Assemblies are "yesterday's news"...and they've been impotent in providing anything substantive in turning the city around...creating jobs, fighting crime, raising property values, etc...so it's time to shuck and jive and create something "new and exciting" in order to distract and divert attention away from the demonstrable failure.

When what you're doing isn't working....simply change the name and keep doing the same thing and call it progress and hope the populace is too stupid to catch on.

Obviously Ryan knows what he's doing...Binghamton was stupid enough to elect him...and he knows it.

You fools get what you deserve.

This analysis is spot on. Everything with this controlled Ryan group is fake, fixed and phoney.

Archived