Greatest Chokes of All Time

Guest The real sports mind

Besides CV baseball 08', who is the greatest choke of all time?

I give one vote to the New York Yankees for blowing a 3-0 lead to the red sox a few years back.

(NO REASON TO DELETE THIS TOPIC)

Guest Guest

I give one vote to the New York Yankees for blowing a 3-0 lead to the red sox a few years back.

(NO REASON TO DELETE THIS TOPIC)

I do beleive a 18-1 team that does not win stac's did buckle under the pressure, i do not believe that can equal a professional team choking like the yanks did.

Guest Guest

The 07 Mets. Had like an 8 game lead with 9 left and missed the playoffs last year. Maybe not the biggest choke, but they belong in the conversation.

And numnah, how can a 20-1 team, still alive in the state playoffs, be a choker? Your assertions on that make absolutely NO sense.

@

The 07 Mets. Had like an 8 game lead with 9 left and missed the playoffs last year. Maybe not the biggest choke, but they belong in the conversation.

And numnah, how can a 20-1 team, still alive in the state playoffs, be a choker? Your assertions on that make absolutely NO sense.

@

Defintion of a choke:

A team that falls to win the big game, or series etc. that is due to buckling under enormous pressure put on by achieving so much when the games did not really count.

For example

Mets choked due to losing all those game under pressure at end of season, they needed to win one or two games and could not when it counted.

Yankees choked by not being able to win one game to beat the red sox. Too much pressure

DELETED

Classic definition of a choke. Winning sections will not erase the choke. Just like if the mets win the world series this year that will not eliminate last years choke. A choke stays for life.

Don't think that you're getting away with anything. I'm keeping my eye on you!!!!!!! :P:P:P

Guest Guest
Defintion of a choke:

A team that falls to win the big game, or series etc. that is due to buckling under enormous pressure put on by achieving so much when the games did not really count.

Says who numnah? Is your last name Funk or Wagnall or something?

There are those that will argue, and be MUCH more right than you are on this, that STAC title game is pretty meaningless considering teams often rest players for the sectionals and they've even canceled the STAC title game when weather would not co-operate and NO ONE complained about no STAC title game being played.

Guest Guest

TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT

Guest Guest
Defintion of a choke:

For example

Mets choked due to losing all those game under pressure at end of season, they needed to win one or two games and could not when it counted.

Yankees choked by not being able to win one game to beat the red sox. Too much pressure

DELETED

Classic definition of a choke. Winning sections will not erase the choke. Just like if the mets win the world series this year that will not eliminate last years choke. A choke stays for life.

Don't think that you're getting away with anything. I'm keeping my eye on you!!!!!!! :P:P:P

So Chenango Forks choked against CV in the Class B quarterfinal, blowing two leads before losing by a run?

Guest guest11
So Chenango Forks choked against CV in the Class B quarterfinal, blowing two leads before losing by a run?

Can we also keep in mind that Horseheads is an AA school with 1300 students and CV is a B school with 550? That has to count for something.

Guest Guest

The Yanks were one out away from sweeping the Sox and then allowed the greatest choke in the history of sports to their hated and thought to be cursed rivals. Had they not choked, perhaps the Sox are still w/o a WS.

The higest paid team in sports folding like that is clearly thebiggest choke in sports.

Guest Guest
Can we also keep in mind that Horseheads is an AA school with 1300 students and CV is a B school with 550? That has to count for something.

You are digging, clawing, and scratching for excuses.

A choke is a choke.

Guest Guest

embarassing to even use that excuse

Guest Guest
You are digging, clawing, and scratching for excuses.

A choke is a choke.

You know your team kinda sucks when they almost lose to a school less than half your schools size.

Guest Guest
embarassing to even use that excuse

How is that an embarassing excuse? When your school has 1300 people you have a way higher chance to have good players than a school with a little over 500 students.

Guest Guest
How is that an embarassing excuse? When your school has 1300 people you have a way higher chance to have good players than a school with a little over 500 students.

because a baseball team has nine players.

that's why baseball, basketball and football are so terrible in this area. they look at the class as the ultimate title. never push themselves beyond normal means.

It's also why wrestling and field hockey are the two dominant sports in the area- they have the fewest classifications, and compete across enrollment all the time

Guest guest11
because a baseball team has nine players.

that's why baseball, basketball and football are so terrible in this area. they look at the class as the ultimate title. never push themselves beyond normal means.

It's also why wrestling and field hockey are the two dominant sports in the area- they have the fewest classifications, and compete across enrollment all the time

I don't care at all about CV baseball, I was just making an observation. Horseheads has twice as many students as CV. They should win.

In individual sports (tennis, track/field, XC) it seems to matter less because one great runner/player can go to any school. But in team sports, such as football, baseball, basketball, etc., it matters a lot. The talent pool is deeper at bigger schools - this is why we have classifications. That's why, in basketball for instance, when a smaller school loses to a bigger school, they still earn sectional points.

So Horseheads should beat CV.

Guest Guest
I don't care at all about CV baseball, I was just making an observation. Horseheads has twice as many students as CV. They should win.

In individual sports (tennis, track/field, XC) it seems to matter less because one great runner/player can go to any school. But in team sports, such as football, baseball, basketball, etc., it matters a lot. The talent pool is deeper at bigger schools - this is why we have classifications. That's why, in basketball for instance, when a smaller school loses to a bigger school, they still earn sectional points.

So Horseheads should beat CV.

We have classifications so inferior teams get call themselves section champs. it's all part of the every kid gets a trophy philosophy

It's a DELETED excuse, I've never heard a wrestling or filed hockey coach use it, which is why they are producing DI all americans and nationally recognized teams, while other sports in this area continue to suck

Guest Guest

Please someone - - show me any other team in any division in Section 4 that is 22 - 1.

As RSM would say:

fact = fact

Yes - they lost one game by 1 run. They also won 3 or 4 more by 1 run. Oh my lord, it's a choke.

Go away!!

Guest Guest
Please someone - - show me any other team in any division in Section 4 that is 22 - 1.

As RSM would say:

fact = fact

Yes - they lost one game by 1 run. They also won 3 or 4 more by 1 run. Oh my lord, it's a choke.

Go away!!

If a team goes 150-0. Then loses in a championship round, that my friend = a choke

Fact = fact

Case closed

A choke = a choke

Archived