7-7 football tourney

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Binghamton football team made a very strong showing yesterday at the Army 7 on 7 tourney in Elmira yesterday, coming in sesond to Rochester's Wilson Magnet HS. Too bad Vestal and UE didn't go, would have been a interesting preview for the season..granted, passing/receiving is a small part of the game but fast, strong and tough go a long way, and Binghamton is all three.

Guest guest

Binghamton football team made a very strong showing yesterday at the Army 7 on 7 tourney in Elmira yesterday, coming in sesond to Rochester's Wilson Magnet HS. Too bad Vestal and UE didn't go, would have been a interesting preview for the season..granted, passing/receiving is a small part of the game but fast, strong and tough go a long way, and Binghamton is all three.

Your basing how good you are by a 7 on7 ? Oh my God.....................

Guest Shane

Binghamton came in second in a weal field, big deal.

Guest Guest

When all else fails, read the post. It SAID that

granted, passing/receiving is a small part of the game
. Does that sound like to you that "your basing how good you are by a 7 on7 ?" Try reading for content sometime, you'll be amazed at the difference it can make.

Oh, and by the way, an apostrophe might also be something you could try.

You're = you are, your = a possessive pronoun.

Guest Guest

Sounds just like the people that say, year after year, summer league in basketball means nothing because not all the kids are there for every game blah blah blah, yet, for the past three years it has accurately predicted who would win STACs and sectionals. So yeah, 7 on 7s are ONE predictor of how well a team will be.

Guest Dean Smith
Sounds just like the people that say, year after year, summer league in basketball means nothing because not all the kids are there for every game blah blah blah, yet, for the past three years it has accurately predicted who would win STACs and sectionals. So yeah, 7 on 7s are ONE predictor of how well a team will be.

lol Forks never does good in the touch league but wins its division every year in tackle football.

Guest Guest

Actually, how the 'score' turns out shows little -but speed, agility, patterns, QB's arms and receivers hands etc does. If you know what to look for that is.

Guest guest

Well then Seton is screwed if thats true because they have not won a game-you are wrong about summer stuff has no meaning................

Guest Guest
Well then Seton is screwed if thats true because they have not won a game-you are wrong about summer stuff has no meaning

What I meant was that the score by itself is not really a good indicator - watching you can see much..I doubt that a team that lost every single summer game is going to do well, but - just for an example - say CV beat CF or Vestal beat UE in summer league may not mean all that much. For example, the line is not present at the summer league games, so if a team has a great line then that is not shown in 7 on 7 and will probably have quite an impact during the regular season, as would a team with a very weak line have an impact not shown during 7 on 7 games.

I still believe that watching the players gives even an amateur (like me) a good sense of their strength, agility, speed compared with others, as well as (obviously) the passing and receiving game. However, perennially good teams (like UE, not a fan of them but hey, it is what it is) find ways around years with weak passers and receivers and so I agree that summer league is ONE predicter.

Guest Guest

What I meant was that the score by itself is not really a good indicator - watching you can see much..I doubt that a team that lost every single summer game is going to do well, but - just for an example - say CV beat CF or Vestal beat UE in summer league may not mean all that much. For example, the line is not present at the summer league games, so if a team has a great line then that is not shown in 7 on 7 and will probably have quite an impact during the regular season, as would a team with a very weak line have an impact not shown during 7 on 7 games.

I still believe that watching the players gives even an amateur (like me) a good sense of their strength, agility, speed compared with others, as well as (obviously) the passing and receiving game. However, perennially good teams (like UE, not a fan of them but hey, it is what it is) find ways around years with weak passers and receivers and so I agree that summer league is ONE predicter.

I get what your saying-but I watched a kid in summer league who did really well then when the season came he did horrible. Guess it can go either way!

@

Archived