Elite athlete camp

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Whats your sport? IS that the camp at BU?

No, not football, softball

There are orange flyers, it's at the Shamrock Shack

my coach said they don't allow football players because they don't know what they are doing, only other athletes

Guest Serious Training

It's that place on upper front street next door to Menike:

Shamrock Strength and Conditioning

http://www.theshaac.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShamrockStrength

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaDLrnLeSrk

http://www.gotdickie.com/

It started out for wrestlers, but is obviously more diverse now

softball players, gymnasts, runners a bunch of d one athletes from Bu and top local athletes

they have mixed martial arts classes too and cheerleading on the weekends

i think it's like $150 bucks for the year. NOT SURE ON THAT PRICE!!

I will say this, the wrestlers do act like they own the place. a bunch of CV football players got laughed out of the place, they only last like a week- it was way too tough for them. some of the trainers only want to work with you if you are a top recruit in your sport, but others are pretty cool

Guest Guest
So basically if this place is for real athletes they must be looking for lacrosse players.

Why yes. Any good athletes except High School football players because they think they know it all and have attitude problems.

Guest Training

I think its great kids are getting after it in a serious manner, but they would be way better off not posting their youtube videos with such poor form. High foam box squats, half nip ups instead of chins? Either way good work to the kids, but I might shop around a little more.

Guest Guest
I think its great kids are getting after it in a serious manner, but they would be way better off not posting their youtube videos with such poor form. High foam box squats, half nip ups instead of chins? Either way good work to the kids, but I might shop around a little more.

Agree. 1/4 squats with alot of weight on top of a box with extra foam on top is not impressive. Teach these kids to get down and utilize proper form. This appears to be a loosely/unprofessional coached operation when it comes to weight training for athletesfro those youtube clips. Just the type of places where athletes get hurt. Look elsewhere. period.

@

Guest Guest

you dudes have no idea what you are talking about. box squatting is a very effective technique for young lifters and for more experienced lifters who are trying to build there regular squat. i realize it hasn't made it's way to Binghamton yet, where you are considered a weight lifting coach if you are a PE Teacher

Here are about 100 articles you can read about it

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefo...G=Google+Search

honestly, I think I'll listen to the guys with the credentials at this place then the "experts" on the BCVoice

Guest Guest

box squats are stupid, unless you are a power lifter

and power lifters aren't athletes. there is nothing about power lifting that translates over to real athletics

looks like a place for weight room warriors, not athletes

Guest shamrockstrength

box squats produce a strong lower body. strong lower bodies produce faster, more powerful athletes. they're easy to learn, decrease muscle soreness, increase flexibility as you lower box heights, and build unbelievable strength and power. everyone is more than welcome to come see our system in action and the results it produces at any time. call us up and we'll set up an appointment 651 9040. i guarantee if you ask any one of the athletes or parents of the athletes that workout at the shaac that they'll all say they've gotten stronger and more powerful and it's translated into a better performance. there's a reason division 1 all americans, all-state, all-conference, state champions, and state placefinishers all train at the shaac. ...while you're sitting behind your computer screen thinking of a clever response, we're out getting results.

Guest Tommy Pools
box squats produce a strong lower body. strong lower bodies produce faster, more powerful athletes. they're easy to learn, decrease muscle soreness, increase flexibility as you lower box heights, and build unbelievable strength and power. everyone is more than welcome to come see our system in action and the results it produces at any time. call us up and we'll set up an appointment 651 9040. i guarantee if you ask any one of the athletes or parents of the athletes that workout at the shaac that they'll all say they've gotten stronger and more powerful and it's translated into a better performance. there's a reason division 1 all americans, all-state, all-conference, state champions, and state placefinishers all train at the shaac. ...while you're sitting behind your computer screen thinking of a clever response, we're out getting results.

Box squats are a good auxillary in a lifting program. As long as an athlete is proficient in the parallel squat then the box squat is a good supplementary strength and form builder. Dickie and the crew give a lot of attention to this lift in particular and it has paid off to a lot of young and "serious" athletes.

Guest Guest

as I said earlier- unless you are going into power lifting box squats is a waste of time

Power lifters = non athletes who have to compensate for not being good at their sports by pushing around metal all day

this guy is just trying to cash in on unsuspecting parents by selling them the - I will make you a DI all -american dream

Guest shamrockstrength

the bench press is also a powerlift. should those not be incorporated into a lifting program for athletes? powerlifters free squat as well as olympic lifters, we should probably scratch those as well then. deadlifts are performed used by strongmen, olympic lifters and powerlifters so those are out. cleans, snatches, jerks are all olympic lifts and lord knows we're building athletes, not olympic lifters so those don't make the cut either. i've also known many powerlifters, olympic lifters, and strongmen to leg press, power squat, overhead press, perform chinups and dips, use situp variations to strengthen their core, etc. does that then make these lifts useless for an athlete as well?

Guest training

I did comment that their form stinks in a lot of the youtube videos, however I agree with them that the box squat should be used for athletes as well as chins, etc. Its the concept of static overcome by dynamic muscle strength (ie a lineman coming out of a stance, a catcher popping up to through the ball, etc). I dont have a problem with their lifts at all, just their form. Cheating on occassion can help the athlete work through plateaus, but I wouldn't be advertising it on youtube as my lifting strategy, that's all.

Guest Guest

Too bad that football players are usually the most athletic..at least in the backfield and corners..and its a small gym with little equipment

Guest Guest
Too bad that football players are usually the most athletic..at least in the backfield and corners..and its a small gym with little equipment

CV football kids get intimidated there....I've seen it happen. they are around DI caliber kids and they don't have the whole coolest kid in the room thing goin for them when they are surrounded by the rest of their friends

same thing that happens to there FB, baseball and Basketball teams when they play on the big stage

they can't hack it, period

@

Guest Guest Matt

I Basically live at the shaac and i know EVERYONE there. It is undoubtably the best BANG for your BUCK and has the potential to make you the best athelete you can be PERIOD. Shamrock is one of the best Wrestling Facilities in the United States. It has made some of the most solid athletes in the world. Your LUCKY its local. I really dont care if you come or not. Only Scott does, hes the one getting paid.

Guest Guest
i realize it hasn't made it's way to Binghamton yet, where you are considered a weight lifting coach if you are a PE Teacher

Interesting, cause the way I see it, the weight lifting coaches aren't PE teachers. But they do have 2 ex-DI football players (Alabama and West Point) and anone is an ex-NFLer....not EXACTLY PE teachers, now are they? Love how BHS just HAS to get haters...

Guest Guest
If this place is that good, which I do not doubt, then they should be charging more for their services.

i think you pay your trainer per sesssion to

@

Archived