Congratulations BHS!

Guest Guest 2 Cool

BHS Patriots beat Oneonta tonight with a comeback win 56-53! Way to battle back, guys! GREAT JOB and congratulations!

i would like to commend andre hobson for his clutch baskets in the end, and also the assists from the guards, that composure is why they won.

Congratulations Patriot team for having an awesome season with an awesome ending!

Congrats to the Oneonta team as well. You played well, it was a clean game with two very athletic teams competing for the final prize! Much better contest than the game that was played by Seton Wed.

And the reason it was played that way was due, in no small part, to some decent reffing. And yes, it was Kenny J...don't know the other guy.

The kept it fair and clean - thanks guys!

Guest Old School
i would like to commend andre hobson for his clutch baskets in the end, and also the assists from the guards, that composure is why they won.
A.J. played very well on the offensive end in both games this week. The ability to catch a hard pass and get the ball on the backboard in a heartbeat has played a huge role in BHS's success this year. AJ's quickness goes unsung, and his conversions only seem easy to the inexperienced eye. This year's BHS team has used the right combination of pressure D, undersized rebounding, and good passing to defend the STAC title. Their success starts with fundamental coaching that demands every player buy into the TEAM concept, regardless their personal aspirations. In years past, one or more players would not get the message. Last year and this year BHS suits up TEAM players that are short, fast, and defend. Congratulations, BHS. Enjoy the feeling. On the other hand, U-E, Vestal,IHS, and HHS think taking the air out of the ball is a good stategy. Until they lose by 3.

A.J. played very well on the offensive end in both games this week. The ability to catch a hard pass and get the ball on the backboard in a heartbeat has played a huge role in BHS's success this year. AJ's quickness goes unsung, and his conversions only seem easy to the inexperienced eye. This year's BHS team has used the right combination of pressure D, undersized rebounding, and good passing to defend the STAC title. Their success starts with fundamental coaching that demands every player buy into the TEAM concept, regardless their personal aspirations. In years past, one or more players would not get the message. Last year and this year BHS suits up TEAM players that are short, fast, and defend. Congratulations, BHS. Enjoy the feeling. On the other hand, U-E, Vestal,IHS, and HHS think taking the air out of the ball is a good stategy. Until they lose by 3.

i posted the earlier statement and i totally agree, i forgot to mention that his performance does often go without notice. cartwright often gets a lot of attention from press because he is quick and has good hands, he makes the assists but as a big player i know that often times guards don't exactly put the ball in the best place to make a clean play and it seems no matter when or where he gets the ball it always goes in and it is always needed

i posted the earlier statement and i totally agree, i forgot to mention that his performance does often go without notice. cartwright often gets a lot of attention from press because he is quick and has good hands, he makes the assists but as a big player i know that often times guards don't exactly put the ball in the best place to make a clean play and it seems no matter when or where he gets the ball it always goes in and it is always needed

i also forgot to add onto the end, i have seen way too many teams, my own included lose a good game due to lack of finishing ability. foul shots also come into play and cartwright's two sinks in the last seconds were also a benefactor to the outcome

Holding O'Brien and Harder to single digits was key in the victory as well.

Seems to me that this team has good leadership and a team-play mentality that maximizes everyone's abilities and minimizes their weaknesses. They keep their heads on straight and are individually and as a team able to self assess in high pressure situations....Chris not hot tonight? Chris stops taking the shots and he and the other players start feeding the ball to Jimmy or Brendon. Nate not rebounding well? Brendon and AJ step in etc etc. I've seen it again and again this season.

A well deserved win and title for a TEAM effort - BD, CC, JG, NP, AH with great help from Jon A and David K.

Also, congrats to David Springer for forging a strong team core from 5 individual players. Great Job Coach!

Holding O'Brien and Harder to single digits was key in the victory as well.

Seems to me that this team has good leadership and a team-play mentality that maximizes everyone's abilities and minimizes their weaknesses. They keep their heads on straight and are individually and as a team able to self assess in high pressure situations....Chris not hot tonight? Chris stops taking the shots and he and the other players start feeding the ball to Jimmy or Brendon. Nate not rebounding well? Brendon and AJ step in etc etc. I've seen it again and again this season.

A well deserved win and title for a TEAM effort - BD, CC, JG, NP, AH with great help from Jon A and David K.

Also, congrats to David Springer for forging a strong team core from 5 individual players. Great Job Coach!

Listen a couple people who take nothing but heat did a great job. Springer is one, he coached a great game, kept his composure when they were down thus allowing the kids to do the same. Also for all the heat they take, the officials, one from binghamton (KJ) and the other from oneonta, did do a very good job.

GO BHS!

Good advice for some high school coaches who do not make their team realize the TEAM CONCEPT....some schools in STAC have way too many showboaters...and coaching doesn't do a darn thing about it...Great job BHS coach and team for working as a TEAM effort....

Guest Old School
Good advice for some high school coaches who do not make their team realize the TEAM CONCEPT....some schools in STAC have way too many showboaters...and coaching doesn't do a darn thing about it...Great job BHS coach and team for working as a TEAM effort....
Coach Springer's stategy hasn't changed in his tenure @ BHS. He counts on the seniors to win games, the juniors to give a solid contribution, and a couple of soph's to get minutes to learn how to play TEAM ball. Many would assume that BHS, the largest school by enrollment, obviously have the best pick of the best athletes. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not sure why, but the general population of the students @ BHS are short and skinny on the Boy's side. Back when Cookie, or King, or even Henry Viscorondo were wearing the North or Central colors there were some other kids that were bigger and better. Coach Springer has been successful the last two years by picking the right soph's and throwing them into the fire. I hope David and Jon, when they get to be seniors, hold the line like Chris, Brendon, and Andre have. Jimmy and Nate already understand the progression, the question that remains is how many exceptional undersised scholar/athletes will follow through to the end of their senoir season. Ask Coach Springer, the guy that runs the program. His Standards have not changed, nor should they. I'm also surprised that year after year, other coaches get recognised for their efforts, yet BHS's coach has not. Every year, enter the gym with a 6'4' center (AKA Nino or Nate), a good point guard(AKA Vinny, Bruno, or Brendon), or a good 3 slasher(AKA Azim, Sly, or Brendon) and hope to compete against a NYC school in the first round to earn the privilege of a second round matchup against some team that has already played 20 games. The day after X-mas BHS knows their weaknesse. But the coach keeps his composure, his focus, and molds another good TEAM. Don't know what the other schools expect from their B-ball coaches, but year after year, Coach Springer works with the athletes that he has.

Coach Springer's stategy hasn't changed in his tenure @ BHS. He counts on the seniors to win games, the juniors to give a solid contribution, and a couple of soph's to get minutes to learn how to play TEAM ball. Many would assume that BHS, the largest school by enrollment, obviously have the best pick of the best athletes. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not sure why, but the general population of the students @ BHS are short and skinny on the Boy's side. Back when Cookie, or King, or even Henry Viscorondo were wearing the North or Central colors there were some other kids that were bigger and better. Coach Springer has been successful the last two years by picking the right soph's and throwing them into the fire. I hope David and Jon, when they get to be seniors, hold the line like Chris, Brendon, and Andre have. Jimmy and Nate already understand the progression, the question that remains is how many exceptional undersised scholar/athletes will follow through to the end of their senoir season. Ask Coach Springer, the guy that runs the program. His Standards have not changed, nor should they. I'm also surprised that year after year, other coaches get recognised for their efforts, yet BHS's coach has not. Every year, enter the gym with a 6'4' center (AKA Nino or Nate), a good point guard(AKA Vinny, Bruno, or Brendon), or a good 3 slasher(AKA Azim, Sly, or Brendon) and hope to compete against a NYC school in the first round to earn the privilege of a second round matchup against some team that has already played 20 games. The day after X-mas BHS knows their weaknesse. But the coach keeps his composure, his focus, and molds another good TEAM. Don't know what the other schools expect from their B-ball coaches, but year after year, Coach Springer works with the athletes that he has.
Sure wish he could teach other STAC coaches what it is all about....many stac coaches haven't a clue how to teach their teams how to play TEAM ball....l

Archived