Aldi-Front Street

Guest Guest

Anyone else here about an Alsi on Upper Front? Not the Wegman's we hope for but at least it would be some competition for the Akels.

Have not heard this but its a great idea i'm a loyal shopping with a big family i can't afford wegmans or even the giant.

Have not heard this but its a great idea i'm a loyal shopping with a big family i can't afford wegmans or even the giant.

Get thee down to the DSS office. If you can't afford that Giant (?), you're poorer than people on welfare.

Axe for a swipe card.

Maines is down here, but I dont know if they are cheaper than the Giant. Aldis is cheaper than a dollar store in a lot of cases, although walmart beats a few of the prices :lol: I went with a friend of mine once. The small fruit Aldis has is good for a single people.

I just can't seem to get into the whole Aldi's thing these days. When the wife and I were making little money and living in a one bedroom apt., we used to go there to save a few bucks. The last few times I went there (just for DELETED and giggles) it was a huge pain in the neck. Still good deals on stuff, but the lines at the registers were outragious. I'm not knocking Aldi's, but perhaps I have outgrown that phase of my life.

I always save about $20 on groceries when i go there vs. the Giant or Wegmans. They have gotten alot more items in lately. I don't think I will ever outgrow it cause I save $$ there. Why waste extra money on groceries.

I was at a Town of Chenango meeting recently. Aldis was mentioned as if it had been brought up at an earlier meeting which I had missed. Near as I can determine, a new Aldis may be going in across from Southern Tier Harley Davidson. I had thought that Corey's Northgate Ford would have been the logical location as there is nobody there now and there are some viable business in the old Lou Rappaport building.

I could be wrong. Aldi's might indeed be going where Corey's was. I had also heard that Walgreens was going where Coreys was, but Walgreens wanted another stoplight between the Northgate Plaza and CVS. I'm not sure how interested they are in that site now, that they've been told that another light is out of the question.

Scott

I was at a Town of Chenango meeting recently. Aldis was mentioned as if it had been brought up at an earlier meeting which I had missed. Near as I can determine, a new Aldis may be going in across from Southern Tier Harley Davidson. I had thought that Corey's Northgate Ford would have been the logical location as there is nobody there now and there are some viable business in the old Lou Rappaport building.

I could be wrong. Aldi's might indeed be going where Corey's was. I had also heard that Walgreens was going where Coreys was, but Walgreens wanted another stoplight between the Northgate Plaza and CVS. I'm not sure how interested they are in that site now, that they've been told that another light is out of the question.

Scott

Did anything get mentioned regarding possible candidates to fill the spot that was formerly the Banner Motel?

Archived