PLAYSTATION 3

Guest cheated

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I have the 40 gig and have had no problems. It also plays PS2 games.

The 40GB PS3 does not play PS2 games.

The 80GB PS3 plays PS2 games through software emulation, which doesn't play all games perfectly.

The 20GB and 60GB PS3 (now discontinued) play PS2 games using the actual PS2 chipset, so it's basically a PS2 inside a PS3.

If you don't believe me, believe Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3..._configurations

Original Poster, I picked up a 60GB model at Kmart (Binghamton) a few weeks ago, they still had at least one more there. My friend also picked a 60GB model at the Kmart in Endicott right after me, so they are still out there. Just have to look in places where they wouldn't sell too many of them.

We had alot of problems with the PS2, we actually went through 2 of them and ended up having to have both repaired.

(Neither repair helped for long) When it came time to upgrade we went with the XBOX 306, so far no problems with that.

We had alot of problems with the PS2, we actually went through 2 of them and ended up having to have both repaired.

(Neither repair helped for long) When it came time to upgrade we went with the XBOX 306, so far no problems with that.

The XBOX 306...is that a new system??

I have the 40 gig and have had no problems. It also plays PS2 games.

The 40 GIG WILL NOT play PS2 games. PERIOD! It can not.

The 80 gig will only play very few PS2 games

The 20 & 60gig are the only ones that are full backward comp. and will play PS2 games

Anyone who would be willing to pay $600 for a game that you sit on your butt all day staring at a TV screen should have their head examined.

Seriously, what is your life lacking that you need to pay that much to make yourself a prisoner in your own home?

Anyone who would be willing to pay $600 for a game that you sit on your butt all day staring at a TV screen should have their head examined.

Seriously, what is your life lacking that you need to pay that much to make yourself a prisoner in your own home?

Its called long winters

For $600 bucks you can get everything you need to start snowshoing.

What is it? $600 for the playstation and like $50 / game?

Hell, for that kind of money you can get skis, sleds, clothes to keep warm, and any other thing you would need for winter fun.

Dont give me "it's winter" either because a lot of people I know that are into the whole game thing will use the summer heat as an excuse to sit inside and pound away on a controler. In the spring, it rains and in the fall, it gets dark. There, you are covered for four seasons of fun in your living room. What a life!

The 40 GIG WILL NOT play PS2 games. PERIOD! It can not.

The 80 gig will only play very few PS2 games

The 20 & 60gig are the only ones that are full backward comp. and will play PS2 games

OK, but does it play all the PS3 games?

Guest BC Voice of Reason

I like my home. Don't question our hobbies just because you can't understand them or they differ from yours.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
For $600 bucks you can get everything you need to start snowshoing.

What is it? $600 for the playstation and like $50 / game?

Hell, for that kind of money you can get skis, sleds, clothes to keep warm, and any other thing you would need for winter fun.

Dont give me "it's winter" either because a lot of people I know that are into the whole game thing will use the summer heat as an excuse to sit inside and pound away on a controler. In the spring, it rains and in the fall, it gets dark. There, you are covered for four seasons of fun in your living room. What a life!

Yes, it is quite the life, and I'm glad I have the disposable income to support such a hobby. I enjoy playing my video game consoles all year long. I am very happy with my life. Sorry your life sucks so much you have to point out how bad ours is to make you feel better.

I like my home. Don't question our hobbies just because you can't understand them or they differ from yours.

I am not questioning them because they differ from mine or because I dont understand them. I question them because it has created an army of total zombies out there.

Here is the first time I realized how video games make you worthless. After all kinds of harassment from my mother I took my cousins camping. They are 17 and 19 years old. The plan was to hike a few miles into the woods, set up camp, go kill dinner, spend the evening fleshing a hide by the fire and telling stories.

Here is how it went. Started out 2 hours behind schedule because the boys packed everything you dont need in the woods like portable video games, cell phones, laptop, batteries, etc. and everything you would need was not known to even exist like hatchets, hammer, stakes, rope, boots, gloves, pack, ya know hiking / camping gear.

We get there. We ruck up and start hiking. About 250 yards into the woods I hear some crystal meth loving metal band hissing sound directly behind me. Kieth has friggen earphones on and playing some game thing while walking up the path.

Mike is huffing like he is ready to pass out. So this is our first break. 3.5 hours and an unknown amount of breaks, we end up at camp. Kieth is still crying because his game / music thing is at the bottom of some ledge ( I thought it was better to throw it than hit a minor).

Setting up camp consisted of me setting everything up while Mike tends to a wound he received while emptying the stake bag and Kieth declaring that if I dont take him home he would run out into the woods and I would never see him again.

I said to heck with trying to gather dinner and broke out some MRE's I brought. After making dinner they decided they didnt like it so they pulled out small bags of chips, small sodas, and small candy bars. That was their dinner.

As night falls I get a nice fire going. The boys are quickly turning into babies. First they are afraid of the fire, then the night, then the animals at night. As the evening wears on they start talking about what the woods look like in each game and the beasts that are lurking behind every bush.

At bedtime we are tearing down camp as the 17 year old cries like a 13 month old and walking out of the woods at night.

So what do video games do? They turn two late teen boys into quivering babies when they are removed from the grid.

Yes, it is quite the life, and I'm glad I have the disposable income to support such a hobby. I enjoy playing my PS3, Xbox 360, and my Wii all year long on my 60" HDTV. I am very happy with my life. Sorry your life sucks so much you have to point out how bad ours is to make you feel better.

Well then, you go right ahead and exist in there. That will ensure I never have to see you out here.

While you are watching your wii, playing your HDDV, and enjoying your ybox, I will be in my old towne canoe, on my buckskin quarterhorse, in my 4x4, out on my land, in my workshop, in the barn, out in the garage, etc.

You sit there with your disposable income and your disposable life and brag about how great you think you are.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Well then, you go right ahead and exist in there. That will ensure I never have to see you out here.

While you are watching your wii, playing your HDDV, and enjoying your ybox, I will be in my old towne canoe, on my buckskin quarterhorse, in my 4x4, out on my land, in my workshop, in the barn, out in the garage, etc.

You sit there with your disposable income and your disposable life and brag about how great you think you are.

I wasn't bragging, my point was to be taken that some people enjoy indoor activities and some prefer to be outside. I definitely prefer to be inside, therefore it's where I spend most of my time and money. You sound like an outdoors type of guy, with outdoor hobbies. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I respect that, but no reason to think you're better, or we're wasting our lives away inside because our hobbies differ.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I am not questioning them because they differ from mine or because I dont understand them. I question them because it has created an army of total zombies out there.

Here is the first time I realized how video games make you worthless. After all kinds of harassment from my mother I took my cousins camping. They are 17 and 19 years old. The plan was to hike a few miles into the woods, set up camp, go kill dinner, spend the evening fleshing a hide by the fire and telling stories.

Here is how it went. Started out 2 hours behind schedule because the boys packed everything you dont need in the woods like portable video games, cell phones, laptop, batteries, etc. and everything you would need was not known to even exist like hatchets, hammer, stakes, rope, boots, gloves, pack, ya know hiking / camping gear.

We get there. We ruck up and start hiking. About 250 yards into the woods I hear some crystal meth loving metal band hissing sound directly behind me. Kieth has friggen earphones on and playing some game thing while walking up the path.

Mike is huffing like he is ready to pass out. So this is our first break. 3.5 hours and an unknown amount of breaks, we end up at camp. Kieth is still crying because his game / music thing is at the bottom of some ledge ( I thought it was better to throw it than hit a minor).

Setting up camp consisted of me setting everything up while Mike tends to a wound he received while emptying the stake bag and Kieth declaring that if I dont take him home he would run out into the woods and I would never see him again.

I said to heck with trying to gather dinner and broke out some MRE's I brought. After making dinner they decided they didnt like it so they pulled out small bags of chips, small sodas, and small candy bars. That was their dinner.

As night falls I get a nice fire going. The boys are quickly turning into babies. First they are afraid of the fire, then the night, then the animals at night. As the evening wears on they start talking about what the woods look like in each game and the beasts that are lurking behind every bush.

At bedtime we are tearing down camp as the 17 year old cries like a 13 month old and walking out of the woods at night.

So what do video games do? They turn two late teen boys into quivering babies when they are removed from the grid.

That's a very broad generalization. Video games don't turn boys into quivering babies, it just sounds like your two cousins are a couple of Nancy-boys.

I wasn't bragging, my point was to be taken that some people enjoy indoor activities and some prefer to be outside. I definitely prefer to be inside, therefore it's where I spend most of my time and money. You sound like an outdoors type of guy, with outdoor hobbies. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I respect that, but no reason to think you're better, or we're wasting our lives away inside because our hobbies differ.

Very well. I apologize for mocking your hobby.

I still feel bad for you.

Are you telling me that you would have a better evening at home with a virtual friend playing a PS3 game online than sitting by a cozy campfire with your girlfriend or boyfriend (even in the back yard) with 4 - 8 good friends talkin and jokin?

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Very well. I apologize for mocking your hobby.

I still feel bad for you.

Are you telling me that you would have a better evening at home with a virtual friend playing a PS3 game online than sitting by a cozy campfire with your girlfriend or boyfriend (even in the back yard) with 4 - 8 good friends talkin and jokin?

I think a better context would be, would I rather be sitting around a campfire talking and joking with 4-8 friends, or sitting around playing video games, talking and joking with 4-8 friends. I would choose the latter, and I used to do this quite regularly. A few of my friends would meet at one of our houses, order some food, drink some beer, and play video games until the wee hours of the morning and it was a blast.

I do plenty outside, so no need to feel bad for me. I have to mow several acres of lawn in the summer, so I get my fill of sunshine and fresh air then. I've been camping enough in my life to know it's not something I like to do on a regular occasion.

And when they read this their most excellent hand eye coordination will pull the trigger quicker than you.

Archived