Who is Plexicomm, Binghamton's "free" WiFi contractor

Guest Curious George

Guest Curious George

According to state records, Plexicomm, LLC was established in 2003 in Tioga County, and its principal is listed as Daniel C. English. Has Dan contributed to Matt's campaign yet? Would anyone be surprised if he had or does in the future?

According to state records, Plexicomm, LLC was established in 2003 in Tioga County, and its principal is listed as Daniel C. English. Has Dan contributed to Matt's campaign yet? Would anyone be surprised if he had or does in the future?

And you care why?

You dont live in the city - you dont own property in the city - you dont pay taxes in the city. Why the f@@@@ do you care?

And you care why?

You dont live in the city - you dont own property in the city - you dont pay taxes in the city. Why the f@@@@ do you care?

You are confusing me with someone else. I live in the city, own property, and pay taxes. I care because this seems like just another method of funnelling public money back into certain campaign coffers, a very old politcal trick, and certainly not something "progressive", or consistent with "equity" and "justice". It is pure cynicism to mask that kind of old fashioned politcal graft in high-minded terms like "equity" and "justice", but it would not be at all surprising from the Ryan gang.

You are confusing me with someone else. I live in the city, own property, and pay taxes. I care because this seems like just another method of funnelling public money back into certain campaign coffers, a very old politcal trick, and certainly not something "progressive", or consistent with "equity" and "justice". It is pure cynicism to mask that kind of old fashioned politcal graft in high-minded terms like "equity" and "justice", but it would not be at all surprising from the Ryan gang.

You say .... "this seems like just another method of funneling money back into certain campaign coffers"

Now you don't know that at all! In fact you know nothing - you surmise based on your own predjudices. You have no facts to support your "opinion" - you simply make your "facts" to fit your opinions. All conjecture, assumption - yet you go on public message board and make inuendos and accusations. You have an agenda nd decided to "assume" things in order to substantiate your agenda.

And you care why?

Here we go again!!!

Only this time I never wrote the post in question. You still do not believe how many people think your boy Matt a failure do you.

We pay taxes in NY, $28,000 of which were used for this project. Our businesses pay taxes and fees in Binghamton. They directly our bottom line and therefore our salaries.

And to set the record straight and further prove how you continue to lie and distort information, I would not have written this because I know who Dan is. I have met with him. He can tell you where I work in the City of Binghamton because he provides our Internet access for something like $350 per month!

Ask him!

You say .... "this seems like just another method of funneling money back into certain campaign coffers"

Now you don't know that at all! In fact you know nothing - you surmise based on your own predjudices. You have no facts to support your "opinion" - you simply make your "facts" to fit your opinions. All conjecture, assumption - yet you go on public message board and make inuendos and accusations. You have an agenda nd decided to "assume" things in order to substantiate your agenda.

You assumed I was Ed, but I'm not. It's not all conjecture. The identity of at least one of Plexicomm's principals is known. If his name shows up as a Ryan contributor, which is also verifiable through public records, then it would confirm what this arrangement seems to be. What is your "agenda"? Your post protesteth a little too much.

Here we go again!!!

Only this time I never wrote the post in question. You still do not believe how many people think your boy Matt a failure do you.

We pay taxes in NY, $28,000 of which were used for this project. Our businesses pay taxes and fees in Binghamton. They directly our bottom line and therefore our salaries.

And to set the record straight and further prove how you continue to lie and distort information, I would not have written this because I know who Dan is. I have met with him. He can tell you where I work in the City of Binghamton because he provides our Internet access for something like $350 per month!

Ask him!

so you care because you contributed less than a penny to a project in binghamton (a community that you do not live in - pay taxes in or own property in) that will retunrn much more than that penny to the taxpayers.

You are one whacked out dude there ed

You assumed I was Ed, but I'm not. It's not all conjecture. The identity of at least one of Plexicomm's principals is known. If his name shows up as a Ryan contributor, which is also verifiable through public records, then it would confirm what this arrangement seems to be. What is your "agenda"? Your post protesteth a little too much.

I dont see wehre I assumed you were ed.

I dont see wehre I assumed you were ed.

How about here:

"And you care why?

You dont live in the city - you dont own property in the city - you dont pay taxes in the city. Why the f@@@@ do you care?"

Or was that not you?

Anyway, how did Plexicomm get the contract? Was there an RFP? How many companies competed for the contract? If this was a no-bid contract, how is that "equity" and "justice"? Matt, Tarik and Co. are outraged over such contracts in Iraq they say went to Haliburton. How is this different, if there was no competitive bidding?

How about here:

"And you care why?

You dont live in the city - you dont own property in the city - you dont pay taxes in the city. Why the f@@@@ do you care?"

Or was that not you?

Anyway, how did Plexicomm get the contract? Was there an RFP? How many companies competed for the contract? If this was a no-bid contract, how is that "equity" and "justice"? Matt, Tarik and Co. are outraged over such contracts in Iraq they say went to Haliburton. How is this different, if there was no competitive bidding?

yyyeaaaaa - I dont see ed mentioned there

and as far as the contract - you are saying you are not outraged over 50 billion in no bid contracts, but you are over a 58 thousand dollar one? even though you really dont even know if it was a no bid contract? take your "hate ryan" glasses off once in a while and don't let it consume your life to the degree it has.

It was a no-bid contract.

That is a fact

July 6, 2007

Section: FRONT

Edition: 1

Page: 1A

City officials, merchants promote benefits of wireless Internet access

Brian Liberatore

Staff

By Brian Liberatore

bliberatore@pressconnects.com

Press & Sun-Bulletin

BINGHAMTON .....Binghamton has settled somewhere in the middle. The city plans to spend about $20,000 to expand existing wireless infrastructure downtown and pay $36,000 annually to Plexicomm, a Binghamton-based Internet company, which will maintain the service.

Plexicomm set up the Cyber Cafe West service.

The city also partnered with Plexicomm to secure grant money from the state's Wireless Community Grant program. Tariq Abdelazim, executive assistant to Mayor Matthew T. Ryan, said Plexicomm was the only local company with the infrastructure already in place. Starting a wireless network from scratch would have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, he said.

Of course there were many other options for proving the service that were never explore.

It was a no-bid contract.

That is a fact

July 6, 2007

Brian Liberatore

Staff

By Brian Liberatore

Press & Sun-Bulletin

BINGHAMTON .....Binghamton has settled somewhere in the middle. The city plans to spend about $20,000 to expand existing wireless infrastructure downtown and pay $36,000 annually to Plexicomm, a Binghamton-based Internet company, which will maintain the service.

The city also partnered with Plexicomm to secure grant money from the state's Wireless Community Grant program. Tariq Abdelazim, executive assistant to Mayor Matthew T. Ryan, said Plexicomm was the only local company with the infrastructure already in place. Starting a wireless network from scratch would have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, he said.

Of course there were many other options for proving the service that were never explore.

and you care why? because you spent one penny of your taxes on this project?

Ed's entrie salary is paid with tax dollars. Millions spent on a project that will never, ever turn a profit, and yet he is on here whineing about $29,000 in state money on something that looks as if it will be cost neutral. amamzing! The hypocrisy will never end with this guy!

Cost neutral!!!

Gimme a break. Tarik Abdelazim himself said it would lose $15,000 (he had no problem with it, it was not his money) and that was WITH USER FEES!!!

Now there are no users fees, how much will it lose now?

Here is Tarik explaining how the City of Binghamton would lose $15,000 on the wifi network WITH USERS FEES but that's OK with Tarik, it is not his money, it is yours. How much will it lose without user fees???

July 6, 2007

Brian Liberatore

Staff

By Brian Liberatore

Press & Sun-Bulletin

BINGHAMTON...Binghamton has settled somewhere in the middle. The city plans to spend about $20,000 to expand existing wireless infrastructure downtown and pay $36,000 annually to Plexicomm, a Binghamton-based Internet company, which will maintain the service.

The state this month approved the grant application and has offered $58,000 to the city to start the program. The grant requires a local match of $29,000.

With approval, Binghamton could have Wi-Fi available downtown by January 2008, according to city officials.

"It's a very fiscally responsible way to provide Wi-Fi to downtown," said Abdelazim. The city would collect the subscription fees, which would offset the annual $36,000 fee for maintaining the network. Abdelazim estimated the fees would cover about half the maintenance cost at first. "Is it worth $15,000 to get Wi-Fi?" he added. "Absolutely."

HOW MUCH WILL IT LOSE NOW TARIK??????

and you care why? because you spent one penny of your taxes on this project?

That this was a no bid contract was questioned. That question is answered. The contract went to a vendor of Ryan contributor and supporter Jeff Kahn, owner of Cyber Cafe West. Enriching friends of friends at taxpayers' expense, Matt? Where's the equity, where's the justice in that?

I think Im smelling a dead fish here, The owner of Cyber Cafe is a good friend of Ryans (wink)

does anyone know who is the owner of this Plexicomm ? It could be one and the same if you know what i mean?

Rainbow Ryan is pretty good at paybacks with our mone allready this has gone from 4 k to 36 k and he hasent said if the money was for turnkey wireless service or all and any equipment needed is another cost.

Lets find out exactly HOW MUCH for instalation and upkeep per year before we even get into a contract.

Im assuming that RAINBOW RYAN has allready made an agreement, he can spend money like a kid who found a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk!

Plexicomm is a legitamite operation with excellent service- our company uses them. they provide the same service as Time Warner at about half the cost. Dan English is a young ambitious guy who has a great business- has nothing to do with politics.

Tariq Abdelazim, executive assistant to Mayor Matthew T. Ryan, said Plexicomm was the only local company with the infrastructure already in place

Realllllly?

Tariq did a lot of research into other companies then?

Anybody get a call from the city inquiring about it?

Tariq Abdelazim, executive assistant to Mayor Matthew T. Ryan, said Plexicomm was the only local company with the infrastructure already in place

Realllllly?

Tariq did a lot of research into other companies then?

Anybody get a call from the city inquiring about it?

No, they did not speak wth anybody else.

I've asked around.

Isn't this another example of the same old politics of getting your friends money and positions? What happened to the "grass roots", "bi-partisan" candidate of "change"?

Archived