EYFL

Guest guest

Guest guest
Why didn't he just help the EYFL? My son's coach talked about the clinic at the High School last year. He must have asked them to come. Am I missing something?

If your son is involved with the league you would know the answer it's no secret

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
If your son is involved with the league you would know the answer it's no secret

I guess I don't know. Everyone was great to me. I did see some coaches that I wouldn't want my son playing for, but I called the coach and he said these people were no longer with the league. They were going to the new league and trying to recruit the "best" players from EYFL. If that is the case, then I win, these coaches leave, but to me it sounds like the old addage; "I can't win by playing fair, so I will stack a team and go someplace else." It happens in all sports. So they are gone and I don't have to worry about my kid getting them. Good Luck to them in their winning ways. I hope it satifies them and their egos. Supposedly these same guys are coachng a baseball team in EYB against my son and I can see they are not good for youth sports. If that is the case, I am sure Mr. Hurd would not want them to represent this so called NEW league. Unless they BSed him into thinking they were such great coaches. I still can't believe that grown ups act like such poor sports and we wonder why the kids today are so spoiled. Just let the kid play the game. Quit living his life for him. Pathetic bunch of losers. The more I write the more pissed off I get, you guys are useless in my eyes, and I hope that the people who jump to your league see the same thing, which I am sure they will. You can't hide how you really are, it'll come out. It already has in youth baseball. This is my second son thru the leagues, so I have seen it. You can BS someone else, but not me. Go ahead and respond, show everyone what a fool you are!

Have a great time with you new league, you sure won't be missed my my son.

Guest top dog
I guess I don't know. Everyone was great to me. I did see some coaches that I wouldn't want my son playing for, but I called the coach and he said these people were no longer with the league. They were going to the new league and trying to recruit the "best" players from EYFL. If that is the case, then I win, these coaches leave, but to me it sounds like the old addage; "I can't win by playing fair, so I will stack a team and go someplace else." It happens in all sports. So they are gone and I don't have to worry about my kid getting them. Good Luck to them in their winning ways. I hope it satifies them and their egos. Supposedly these same guys are coachng a baseball team in EYB against my son and I can see they are not good for youth sports. If that is the case, I am sure Mr. Hurd would not want them to represent this so called NEW league. Unless they BSed him into thinking they were such great coaches. I still can't believe that grown ups act like such poor sports and we wonder why the kids today are so spoiled. Just let the kid play the game. Quit living his life for him. Pathetic bunch of losers. The more I write the more pissed off I get, you guys are useless in my eyes, and I hope that the people who jump to your league see the same thing, which I am sure they will. You can't hide how you really are, it'll come out. It already has in youth baseball. This is my second son thru the leagues, so I have seen it. You can BS someone else, but not me. Go ahead and respond, show everyone what a fool you are!

Have a great time with you new league, you sure won't be missed my my son.

QUIT YOUR CRYING..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

They're creating an Endicott league to participate in the STYFC, which is a travel league whose games are on Sundays.

It all comes down to how far you want to drive, how much guaranteed playing time you want your child to see, what you're looking for in a coach.

Some parents prefer traveling to different towns for games each weekend, some prefer to spend that time with family and like having all games right in their hometown after work on a weekday. Some parents and kids would rather have extremely competitive coaches who push really hard, and some like coaches who are more concerned with the fun and instructional factors. Personal preference, that's all. Good luck to both leagues.

Guest Guest
Whats the rumor about a new endicott traveling league.Not EYFL but a new league.

Endicott is putting a 9-10 year old and an 11-12 year old team in the Southern Tier Youth Football Conference. STYFC is a very good, competitive league with some games being played on Saturday nights and the majority played on Sunday Afternoon. Most of the games are played in High School stadiums. It's set up more like school ball than the internal, non travel leagues. The teams are set as school/town teams so most of the kids continue playing as a team up through school ball. The kids from a particular school district are not split up and playing against their future teammates but play together against other school/town teams.

Guest Guest
Endicott is putting a 9-10 year old and an 11-12 year old team in the Southern Tier Youth Football Conference. STYFC is a very good, competitive league with some games being played on Saturday nights and the majority played on Sunday Afternoon. Most of the games are played in High School stadiums. It's set up more like school ball than the internal, non travel leagues. The teams are set as school/town teams so most of the kids continue playing as a team up through school ball. The kids from a particular school district are not split up and playing against their future teammates but play together against other school/town teams.

The STYFC is a very competitive league and it seems like I once heard someone say they didn’t want their kid playing in EYFL because it was too competitive. Kind of a contradiction in statements from a person who should know better!! BUT you are correct in saying it is much like school ball…………meaning if you are a non player(sitter), you are being trained to do the same in school ball. Learn to sit and NOT play. Hey, it is going to teach you the school ball fundamentals. If you are not one of the elite player (in their eyes), you will learn to be a sideliner. Have fun, don’t bitch, and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mister J

According to the STYFC, their coaches are not allowed to "stack" teams, yet this is exactly what the Endicott coaches did - calling only those EYFL players they thought were worthy and telling them that EYFL had gone under. Several of these men are former EYFL coaches who were witnessed acting inappropriately in front of the children doing things such as using racial slurs, attempting to start physical altercations with opposing team coaches, and threatening the little cheerleaders and their coach.

The STYFC is a great organization - it is my hope that the men who decided to start the Endicott divisions do not give the league any trouble or cause any harm to its reputation, as they did with the EYFL, which is also a great organization.

Personally, I believe there is room for both to be successful, and I think they will be, as long as it is the best interests of the children that drives each program.

Guest Guest
Because mommy and/or daddy didn't get what they want and showed they are less mature than the kids in the league with their "it's my ball and I'm going home" mentallity.

@

Now these same cry-babies have taken their ball and gone elsewhere. They started a new Sunday league in the STYFC with ME, SV, Spencer-Van Etten, Candor, Apalachin, Owego, Etc. Best thing that could have happened to EYFL, all the jerks are gone, including the "My kid is better than yours Parents". The league will be better off without them. As a lawyer, the UE school district better watch their step. Their website makes it believe the UE program backs up this league, which can cause lawsuits. I don't care whose website they say it is..........once you depict the UE coaching staff and make it look like a UE affiliated program, that website belongs to the UE district. Anything wrong said on there will ultimately bounce back on the the UE schoool district. The Board of Directors for the UE district ought to put the dampers on this crap soon, or I see trouble coming on the horizon. They already have announced equipment pick up at the UE clubhouse. Im sure it is nothing, but many people will misconstrue that as the fact that UE is forking over the equipment, and tax payers don't like that at all. Someone better kick some butt and straighten a few high and mighty heads out.......or pull them out of their butts for them.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest-Chris-*
Now these same cry-babies have taken their ball and gone elsewhere. They started a new Sunday league in the STYFC with ME, SV, Spencer-Van Etten, Candor, Apalachin, Owego, Etc. Best thing that could have happened to EYFL, all the jerks are gone, including the "My kid is better than yours Parents". The league will be better off without them. As a lawyer, the UE school district better watch their step. Their website makes it believe the UE program backs up this league, which can cause lawsuits. I don't care whose website they say it is..........once you depict the UE coaching staff and make it look like a UE affiliated program, that website belongs to the UE district. Anything wrong said on there will ultimately bounce back on the the UE schoool district. The Board of Directors for the UE district ought to put the dampers on this crap soon, or I see trouble coming on the horizon. They already have announced equipment pick up at the UE clubhouse. Im sure it is nothing, but many people will misconstrue that as the fact that UE is forking over the equipment, and tax payers don't like that at all. Someone better kick some butt and straighten a few high and mighty heads out.......or pull them out of their butts for them.

Isn't the UE varsity football coach picking the coaches for this new team? That's what's going around town. I was under the impression that he was instrumental in getting this new team started - finding donors or sponsors to help pay for all the equipment that had to be bought, etc?

Isn't the UE varsity football coach picking the coaches for this new team? That's what's going around town. I was under the impression that he was instrumental in getting this new team started - finding donors or sponsors to help pay for all the equipment that had to be bought, etc?

Yeah and he should get reprimanded by the school district for making it sound like it is a UE program. The district doesn't need any mishaps or bad press for this. Everything they advertise seems like the school district is backing them, then what happens if someone gets hurt and they decide to sue the district. Does the district need that?

Guest STYFC parent

many STYFC teams do stack, SV actually has a parent meeting to let ehm know unless their kid is cream of the crop they won't play, as they play to win. A few years back the league criticized Windsor's bad boy coach for running up scores, last year the league president said the purpose of the game was to score points, no matter how lopsided it was. Really, what about second, third, 4th strings?

It is a good league, but is as usual, mostly about coaches ego's, not kids learning.

According to the STYFC, their coaches are not allowed to "stack" teams, yet this is exactly what the Endicott coaches did - calling only those EYFL players they thought were worthy and telling them that EYFL had gone under. Several of these men are former EYFL coaches who were witnessed acting inappropriately in front of the children doing things such as using racial slurs, attempting to start physical altercations with opposing team coaches, and threatening the little cheerleaders and their coach.

The STYFC is a great organization - it is my hope that the men who decided to start the Endicott divisions do not give the league any trouble or cause any harm to its reputation, as they did with the EYFL, which is also a great organization.

Personally, I believe there is room for both to be successful, and I think they will be, as long as it is the best interests of the children that drives each program.

Yeah and he should get reprimanded by the school district for making it sound like it is a UE program. The district doesn't need any mishaps or bad press for this. Everything they advertise seems like the school district is backing them, then what happens if someone gets hurt and they decide to sue the district. Does the district need that?

You should be reprimanded for not minding your own business. Get the hell out of the way and give the kids a chance. Brunetti and lawyer types like you just get in the way.

You should be reprimanded for not minding your own business. Get the hell out of the way and give the kids a chance. Brunetti and lawyer types like you just get in the way.

funny how the other writer said it ws about coaches egos and not the kids, and you just proved his point. What an idiot! Keep your ego in check fool.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you should think before you speak. Do you know for a fact that the league president said the purpose of the game was to score points no matter how lopsided the score was? Can you back up your statement? No you can't. At least tell the truth on here and don't make up lies to justify your opinion. Do you really think most teams in tiny, little Section IV at any level really have 3rd and 4th strings? Get your facts straight.

many STYFC teams do stack, SV actually has a parent meeting to let ehm know unless their kid is cream of the crop they won't play, as they play to win. A few years back the league criticized Windsor's bad boy coach for running up scores, last year the league president said the purpose of the game was to score points, no matter how lopsided it was. Really, what about second, third, 4th strings?

It is a good league, but is as usual, mostly about coaches ego's, not kids learning.

Well if you're a lawyer you dont know much. the website it privately run. It is paid out of pocket and run on personal time by a super nice guy that is friends with Coach Hurd. It has nothing to do with the district. No one can touch it....And the UE football program DOES support this new youth program. So what? That's a good thing! In fact, they had a pasta dinner fund raiser a little while back and all of the UE coaches were the ones handing out the foot and helping out with various duties. Them taking this intiative shows that they are supportive of our community's youth (and not just interested in the politics that usually surround the team).

Well if you're a lawyer you dont know much. the website it privately run. It is paid out of pocket and run on personal time by a super nice guy that is friends with Coach Hurd. It has nothing to do with the district. No one can touch it....And the UE football program DOES support this new youth program. So what? That's a good thing! In fact, they had a pasta dinner fund raiser a little while back and all of the UE coaches were the ones handing out the foot and helping out with various duties. Them taking this intiative shows that they are supportive of our community's youth (and not just interested in the politics that usually surround the team).

after all that crap, all those supposed hand picked studs still got shut out in their first game!!!

after all that crap, all those supposed hand picked studs still got shut out in their first game!!!

I think its sad and pathetic that when there's already a first rate youth football club in Endicott, that anyone would bring their kids to the new club that was formed by parents who think their own kids are all that and too good to play with EYFL. The best players and coaches are still with EYFL. The UE coaches, rather than kiss these idiot parents' butts, should work with EYFL and help build a program that meets everyone's needs. I think that when a youth coach who doesn't get his way with EYFL has a temper tantrum and storms with his children over to the Vestal league, he and his kids should have to live with the consequences. The UE coaching staff should not encourage the idiot by helping him form his own league the following year to showcase his son.

Sounds to me like Coach Hurd is tryingg to build a football program at U-E, and this is exactly what they do in other states. Their youth teams are travel teams. They play on the same team and build chemistry from their youth instead of playing against each other for 5-6 years in a league like the E or VYFL. It's very smart and a great thing for Union-Endicott.

• 2 weeks later...

I herd that not only is the new UE league-take all of the "best" players but they suck(lost their first 2 games)! and the coaches are jerks! Looks like Eyfl should have a great program now that they got rid of all the @$$ holes!!!

I think its sad and pathetic that when there's already a first rate youth football club in Endicott, that anyone would bring their kids to the new club that was formed by parents who think their own kids are all that and too good to play with EYFL. The best players and coaches are still with EYFL. The UE coaches, rather than kiss these idiot parents' butts, should work with EYFL and help build a program that meets everyone's needs. I think that when a youth coach who doesn't get his way with EYFL has a temper tantrum and storms with his children over to the Vestal league, he and his kids should have to live with the consequences. The UE coaching staff should not encourage the idiot by helping him form his own league the following year to showcase his son.

The STYFC is a better league. The kids get better competition instead of playing against their future teammates. They travel and play in other towns and play some night games in High School Stadiums.

Just because the guys broke away for a better experience it doesn't make them bad people. No league is perfect but you should have the opportunity to join a league that fits your needs. The STYFC is that league.

The STYFC is a better league. The kids get better competition instead of playing against their future teammates. They travel and play in other towns and play some night games in High School Stadiums.

Just because the guys broke away for a better experience it doesn't make them bad people. No league is perfect but you should have the opportunity to join a league that fits your needs. The STYFC is that league.

I disagree. The EYFL has been successful for a very long time. The STYFC guys did not break away for a better experience. We all know that. It was all politics. The people who started the league had to resort to lying to people and saying that EYFL had dissolved in order to get participants. Can't be that good if you had to make up stories. I would never have my son taught football (or anything else for that matter) by people who stoop to such low tactics. I know a lot of people whose kids have gone through EYFL and have always been thrilled with it. Maybe you think it's not good enough for your spoiled brat, but that says more about you and your spoiled brat than it does about the league.

I would go the the Vestal Youth Football League

Yes, go to VYFL and watch all the coaches kids with no talent play quarterback,running backs and linebackers. What a joke!

I disagree. The EYFL has been successful for a very long time. The STYFC guys did not break away for a better experience. We all know that. It was all politics. The people who started the league had to resort to lying to people and saying that EYFL had dissolved in order to get participants. Can't be that good if you had to make up stories. I would never have my son taught football (or anything else for that matter) by people who stoop to such low tactics. I know a lot of people whose kids have gone through EYFL and have always been thrilled with it. Maybe you think it's not good enough for your spoiled brat, but that says more about you and your spoiled brat than it does about the league.

If you think the politics are bad at that level, wait, they will get worse. Write this down and here is what most likely will happen, my guess anyway, in a few years. The kids that play STYFC will be "groomed" to play JV and Varsity. That means as they move up in level, the positions they play in STYFC will be theirs come August for JV and Varsity. Kids that choose to play EYFL will be on the sideline looking on, regardless of their talent level. Thats because you cannot "beat anyone out" for a position since there is no competition in Aug.

Archived