EYFL

Guest guest

If you think the politics are bad at that level, wait, they will get worse. Write this down and here is what most likely will happen, my guess anyway, in a few years. The kids that play STYFC will be "groomed" to play JV and Varsity. That means as they move up in level, the positions they play in STYFC will be theirs come August for JV and Varsity. Kids that choose to play EYFL will be on the sideline looking on, regardless of their talent level. Thats because you cannot "beat anyone out" for a position since there is no competition in Aug.

If Hurd wants a losing team, chosen because their fathers kiss his behind at weekly STYFL games/practices, then he will have the lousy team he deserves. Politics can only get you so far --- if the STYFL kids, who so far can't win a game, end up being the first string at UE while the better players sit the bench, then the coach isn't much of a coach. Being first string because your daddy kissed someone's behind is not an accomplishment at all. It does nothing but teach the kids an entirely wrong message -- that you don't need to work hard or be good at anything, because daddy will open his wallet or play whatever games necessary to get the kid where he wants to be (or where daddy wants him to be, regardless of what he actually wants)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think the politics are bad at that level, wait, they will get worse. Write this down and here is what most likely will happen, my guess anyway, in a few years. The kids that play STYFC will be "groomed" to play JV and Varsity. That means as they move up in level, the positions they play in STYFC will be theirs come August for JV and Varsity. Kids that choose to play EYFL will be on the sideline looking on, regardless of their talent level. Thats because you cannot "beat anyone out" for a position since there is no competition in Aug.

I'LL AGREE 100% ON THIS HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN THE LAST 4 YEARS

The STYFL hasn't been around 4 years.

No it hasn't, but if you watched from modified, where there is no competition for a position and they are handed out, right up on through it doesn't change unless a JV starter leaves and doesn't play varsity.

Isn't the UE varsity football coach picking the coaches for this new team? That's what's going around town. I was under the impression that he was instrumental in getting this new team started - finding donors or sponsors to help pay for all the equipment that had to be bought, etc?

Sure, getting them some of UE's equiment like the John Deere 4 wheeler, and water form the trainers room. All this belongs to the UE district and it's tax payers...........Not the new youth league!. He should be fired for his underhanded dealings. Time for him to move on.

Well if you're a lawyer you dont know much. the website it privately run. It is paid out of pocket and run on personal time by a super nice guy that is friends with Coach Hurd. It has nothing to do with the district. No one can touch it....And the UE football program DOES support this new youth program. So what? That's a good thing! In fact, they had a pasta dinner fund raiser a little while back and all of the UE coaches were the ones handing out the foot and helping out with various duties. Them taking this intiative shows that they are supportive of our community's youth (and not just interested in the politics that usually surround the team).

Just cause you paid for it, you should ask a lawyer yourself, not your father. He doesn't know.

What an idiot!!! If all the STYFC kids made the JV and Varsity team and everyone else was left out, I would have to say the coach is a jerk. You mean to tell me that the coaches aren't even going to look at any other talent than STYFC? BECAUSE SOMEONE THAT THEY THINK IS GOOD, TRAINED THEM? That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard on this site. What about all the kids that get talked into coming to UE from other schools, and they take your kids place? Or someone who actually moves into the area on their own? They won't play because YOU said so? Get a life you fool.

I'LL AGREE 100% ON THIS HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN THE LAST 4 YEARS

Check the roster brainless. Most of the kids are from EYFL. Oh maybe I shouldn''t have said anything, they may get taken off the team...................................

I disagree. The EYFL has been successful for a very long time. The STYFC guys did not break away for a better experience. We all know that. It was all politics. The people who started the league had to resort to lying to people and saying that EYFL had dissolved in order to get participants. Can't be that good if you had to make up stories. I would never have my son taught football (or anything else for that matter) by people who stoop to such low tactics. I know a lot of people whose kids have gone through EYFL and have always been thrilled with it. Maybe you think it's not good enough for your spoiled brat, but that says more about you and your spoiled brat than it does about the league.

The guys that broke away from the EYFL are so bad, right? But you are the fool on here supporting the EYFL by calling kids spoiled brats. I doubt the EYFL wants that type of support. I'm not knocking any other league. The STYFC is a great league. If it wasn't new teams would not come in every season. The kids enjoy the league and that is all that really matters.

www.eteamz.com/styfc

The guys that broke away from the EYFL are so bad, right? But you are the fool on here supporting the EYFL by calling kids spoiled brats. I doubt the EYFL wants that type of support. I'm not knocking any other league. The STYFC is a great league. If it wasn't new teams would not come in every season. The kids enjoy the league and that is all that really matters.

www.eteamz.com/styfc

I agree my kids play for STYFC and love it!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Garanimal

<!--quoteo(post=660504:date=Sep 21 2010, 02:44 AM:name=Guest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 21 2010, 02:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=660504"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The guys that broke away from the EYFL are so bad, right? But you are the fool on here supporting the EYFL by calling kids spoiled brats. I doubt the EYFL wants that type of support. I'm not knocking any other league. The STYFC is a great league. If it wasn't new teams would not come in every season. The kids enjoy the league and that is all that really matters.

www.eteamz.com/styfc<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree my kids play for STYFC and love it!!

Guest Garanimal

The STYFC has been around since 1998.

They don't "stack" teams because most towns only have one team. Towns such as ME, Chenango Forks and Windsor traditionally have enough kids for two or more teams for each level. These particular teams have their own policies as to how they want to divide up their roster, the STYFC does not infringe on each town's policies. Playing time is also not governed by the STYFC for the same reason.

Games are played on Saturday nights if the home team plays under lights, or Sundays if they do not.

The STYFC is divided into divisions, this year East (Tigers Youth, Windsor, Chenago Forks, Chenango Valley, Whitney Point, Susquahanna Valley) and West (Apalachin, Maine-Endwell, Tioga, Owego, Spencer-Van Etten, Montrose, Newark Valley). The playoff system is set up so the Championship game will be the top two teams in the STYFC, not East vs West, by cross-matching. Thus far Tiger Youth lost their first game only, and are seeded #1 in the playoffs. They will be playing Maine-Endwell at home this Sunday for the spot in the Championship game next weekend, hosted by Susquehanna Valley (Jackson Park).

I've wondered why some of the best football players in the UE district have chosen to play soccer instead. It has never made sense to me. But after seeing what has gone on with this program, and the politics, I guess it's smart of them. The idiot UE varsity coach probably doesn't even know they're out there. They never would have had Diorio if the EYFL folks hadn't pushed for it.

QUOTE>>>And the UE football program DOES support this new youth program.

UE football program DOES NOT give any money to support the youth tigers. And the reason that the UE coaches are at the youth fundraiser is because their kids are on the team. My son player for STYFL for 5 yrs and he his a bench warmer because he doesn't have the right last name. It's all POLITICS no matter what anyone says.

UE football program DOES NOT give any money to support the youth tigers. And the reason that the UE coaches are at the youth fundraiser is because their kids are on the team. My son player for STYFL for 5 yrs and he his a bench warmer because he doesn't have the right last name. It's all POLITICS no matter what anyone says.

TOTAL POLITICS. Welcome to UE sports. Can't really fight it cause the man in charge likes it that way.

Guest garanimal

I doubt he sits because of his last name, at least he wouldn't at Tioga or Spencer. A good player would not sit at such a competitive league as the STYFC, just because his name is or is not Smith/Brown/etc. If you feel that is the way it really is with that team, you have the option to go to another league. Just because you live in a specific school district does not mean you have to play for that youth team. Its a club sport, you can go anywhere.

Endicott is in a perfect situation. They have divided their players to get the best of both worlds: Parents who feel that their child is being held back would opt for the STYFC, where others who feel that level of competition isn't for their child can put them with the EYFL. Either way, Union-Endicott benefits in the long run.

Archived