Free Trade w/China & Vietnam No to Cuba

Guest Guest

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Now that they discovered a fairly sizable oil field off the Cuban coast, you can bet the embargo will be lifted as soon as Castro keels over. Oil changes all the rules. I'm looking forward to a good Montecristo cigar when that day comes.

• 3 weeks later...
Why is the United States forbidden to trade with Cuba because they are communist but it is allright to trade with communist China and Vietnam.

I've often wondered the same thing, but the answer is somewhat simple. America is opportunistic, and since we have very little to gain from Cuba we won't put up with there government but since we can reap the benefits from China's cheap slave labor force, we will turn the other cheek..

Amazing isn't it???

Just another example of failed US foreign policy.

The US helped create the nightmare in Cuba but now it may see it as a saviour.

What product does Cuba produce that would really help in the American energy crisis???

Sugar cane !!! AKA allll-Keeee--halll !!!

Fuel !!!

Sure there may be oil but there is also the alternative fuels.

America has treated Cuba wrong from day one. It's time that changes.

And about that Red China thing.... Yep, we subsidize chinese slave labour, allow the polluting of foreign lands... But who cares????

Really??? Who really cares??? Have you stopped buying chinese goods?? Did you think about the american jobs that were sent over there??

Have you considered the wages of the chinese people???? The pollution???

Nah.

You got your TV and you're happy. You paid top dollar. The chinese guy that made it got pennies to make it. Shipping cost a few bucks but that's OK because the CEO is riding that billionaire wave baby !!!! It's american capitalism at its best.

I think I'll kick back and light a cuban cigar..... Can't get any??? Too bad.

It's time we treat Cuba with respect and open the whole thing up.

Just remember. It's all money and politics.

(oh, hey... I don't want to scare ya... but you know that vitamin pill you take in the morning???? Do you know where those vitamins are made??? )

The best way to address Cuba is to open up trade, travel. and business. As more and more Cubans are exposed to our society, the more they will want it. The "embargo" has accomplished nothing to make a change. It doesn't hurt the Cuban government. 40 years now....no results.

Archived