Irresponsible media

The Mole

On last nights 10PM news on WICZ a unique way of breaking into homes was highlighted. Not only did WICZ bring this to light but Mr. Ryan of Yel-Help Security was on hand to demonstrate the principal. Now one key point to bring out was that during the presentation the reporter stated that they asked local police agencies whether or not they were aware of any homes being entered using this technique. The police said they were not aware of the technique being used.

So why did WICZ report this? Why did WICZ also show a web search on how to do it? Isn't WICZ aware that there have been numerous break ins throughout the county???

They just showed, along with Yel-Help, how to break into homes !!!! I find that highly irresponsible. Instead of showing how to secure a home, how to install an alarm, how to install a lock, WICZ and Yel-Help show you how to break in. Great reporting WICZ !!! If you want to see the piece it's on WICZs web site. I am aware of numerous ways to enter homes and am aware that many of these are out on the internet but why show it, why highlight it, why demonstrate it?? Was this actually a commercial for Yel-Help?????

So there you have it.... Another public service brought to you by the local media. Irresponsible at best.

If by chance any of you watch the piece and it kinda gets to ya, please drop WICZ an e-mail. I did. I've also dropped a line to the company whose product was highlighted as this technique can be used on numerous locksets, not just the one shown.

I find this just as offensive as that show that has the guy breaking into a house and then going back and installing security measures.

Archived