YES Network on Satellite?

Guest too ft putt

Guest too ft putt

After the announcement of the latest rate hike by Time Warner, I'm exploring the option of going with a satellite dish. Can anybody tell me if the YES network is available? If not, are all the Yankee games available on the MLB package?

After the announcement of the latest rate hike by Time Warner, I'm exploring the option of going with a satellite dish. Can anybody tell me if the YES network is available? If not, are all the Yankee games available on the MLB package?

Yes, the YES network is available on satellite.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/cha...assetId=1200082 (scroll down the page)

Can anyone tell me if they carry the Sabres games on MSG/FSN on satellite?

TWS

There is a sports forum people. I suggest using it.

Why not educate the masses that Yankees games ARE available in HD? There are more Yankees fans in this forum than the are in the Sports Forum which is dominated by BC High School action?

Thanks for trying to help though Deputy Board Officer.

(DISCLAIMER:

This post is about TV service alternatives, not sports teams themselves)

. . . Can anybody tell me if the YES network is available? If not, are all the Yankee games available on the MLB package?

YES is available in digital SD on DirecTV channel 622; there are some DirecTV exclusives, also, including -- for home games -- an optional split screen second camera view (by pressing certain buttons on remote), and -- for all games -- in-game box-score, real-time scores of other games (again, by pressing certain buttons on remote). (Note that ESPN [channel 206] and/or ESPN2 [channel 209] may be blacked out on certain nights when YES is also broadcasting a Yankees' game.)

If you go w/ an HD package from DirecTV YES is also available in HD service.

MLB Extra Innings is also available (I do not subscribe to that, but during the last "free preview weekend" of MLB Extra Innings I saw that the YES broadcast of Yankee games is included (i.e., not blacked-out).

And, since your "guest screen name" suggests you might have an interest in golf, the Golf Channel is on DirecTV channel 605 (part of my basic package at no additional cost, although I don't know if that's still available for no additional charge for new subscribers).

. . . Can anyone tell me if they carry the Sabres games on MSG/FSN on satellite?

The Sabres games (take your valium!) are available on DirecTV channel 627 with service at a Binghamton zipcode as a "Regional Sports Network Alternative". Versus is also included on DirecTV channel 603 in my "basic" package, although I don't know whether that's still available for no additional charge for new subscribers.

One caveat, TWS: DirecTV must "black out" certain NY Rangers (MSG - channel 621) and/or NJ Devils (FSN - channel 624) games on nights when the Sabres play.

I hope that this info helps. (I have been a DirecTV subscriber since July 2006 -- I self-installed/aligned the dish, etc. myself and have had no maintenance issues).

College basketball fans will be interested to know that DirecTV also has a PPV Package claiming to carry at least 39 out-of-market games of the NCAA Final Four Tournament for $69 if ordered/installed before tip-off of the first tournament game.

(DISCLAIMER: This post is about TV service alternatives, not sports teams themselves)

YES is available in digital SD on DirecTV channel 622; there are some DirecTV exclusives, also, including -- for home games -- an optional split screen second camera view (by pressing certain buttons on remote), and -- for all games -- in-game box-score, real-time scores of other games (again, by pressing certain buttons on remote). (Note that ESPN [channel 206] and/or ESPN2 [channel 209] may be blacked out on certain nights when YES is also broadcasting a Yankees' game.)

If you go w/ an HD package from DirecTV YES is also available in HD service.

MLB Extra Innings is also available (I do not subscribe to that, but during the last "free preview weekend" of MLB Extra Innings I saw that the YES broadcast of Yankee games is included (i.e., not blacked-out).

And, since your "guest screen name" suggests you might have an interest in golf, the Golf Channel is on DirecTV channel 605 (part of my basic package at no additional cost, although I don't know if that's still available for no additional charge for new subscribers).

The Sabres games (take your valium!) are available on DirecTV channel 627 with service at a Binghamton zipcode as a "Regional Sports Network Alternative". Versus is also included on DirecTV channel 603 in my "basic" package, although I don't know whether that's still available for no additional charge for new subscribers.

One caveat, TWS: DirecTV must "black out" certain NY Rangers (MSG - channel 621) and/or NJ Devils (FSN - channel 624) games on nights when the Sabres play.

I hope that this info helps. (I have been a DirecTV subscriber since July 2006 -- I self-installed/aligned the dish, etc. myself and have had no maintenance issues).

College basketball fans will be interested to know that DirecTV also has a PPV Package 39 out-of-market game package for the NCAA Final Four Tournament for $66 if ordered/installed before tip-off of the first tournament game.

This guy knows things about TV.

Guest Guest

Both Met and Yankee games are blacked out on the MLB Extra Innings package because we are in both SNY's and YES's broadcast area and get them locally. Even if the programming guide on the MLB Extra Innings package says the games are in it will be a black screen during the game. I've had the package for 4 years now and that's been the case since I have gotten it.

Guest Guest
Yes, Sabres games are on MSG

I have Direct Tv, and the only way you can see the Yankee games during the regular season on Direct Tv is to get your local channels out of NYC... Good luck with that... I had to stay with Time Warner to get my local channels. Spring Training games are not blacked out.... Further more if you get the Xtra Innigns package you do not get the Mets or Yankee games. This is a Black out market. More info on Direct TV, not everyone is eligable for the discount when you sign up. You have to apply for it and have to wait 4-6 weeks for it. Direct TV is not worth it.. and its not all they say it is.. only good thing is the NFL network and even that is lame right now.... but if your a METS fan, you can see all the games on SNY, same as Time Warner

My suggestion, stay with Time Warner, call the sales department and tell them you are thinking of leaving.. They will make you an offer to stay with them if you accept the package of the phone, roadrunner and Dig Cable. I have a friend who got all 3 for 100.00 a month for 2 years.. Something to look into... I am ...

I wonder what zipcode you're in Guest-Guest-*?

I have a zipcode in the City of Binghamton, and apparently have had a much better experience with DirecTV than you relate. I don't have NYC local channels and still get YES Network. (True that YES doesn't carry ALL the Yankees' game, but FOX40 and My8 carry the NYC "CBS2" games locally).

(Yeah, TW tried to make a "sweetheart offer" when I called to downgrade my service to the basic local channels, but given that they couldn't make their picture quality anywhere near as good as DirecTV's, so there's no turning back for me).

Guest done with time warner

time warner is hurting badddddd. over 300 people switch to satellite every week. it does not matter where you live in our area, msg & yes are on direct tv, they are not blacked out, it is just like tw. i get over 90 channels in hd. local channels come in awesome with an antenna. sure, you can talk tw into cheaper service, but the service you get is crap. they will never be able to provide the hd signals, phone, roadrunner & all the other cable channels on the existing cable. if you have roadrunner now, i am sure you wonder from time to time what the heck is going on with slowdowns on the net.

Archived