Phoney Tony Baloney Russell

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

his show sucked today he just talked about crap and rattled a newspaper and tooks a few calls and it was jsut terible i can do a better show i swear to god

Guest Trump
his show sucked today he just talked about crap and rattled a newspaper and tooks a few calls and it was jsut terible i can do a better show i swear to god

Once again, TONY IS NOT ON THE AIR THIS WEEK!

Guest Guest

The OP was being sarcastic I believe. Yes the man should give up talk radio..........Why? Because he talks more than taking calls. He makes callers wait while he rambles on and on about his pathtic life.

Guest Guest

What's really funny is when you go to WNBF website, they flash a picture of Tony with Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Like he's even near their league of talk radio.

Guest Trump

I'm not Tony's biggest fan, but I do listen to his show.

Many people on this board seem to have a real problem with Tony -- there's nothing wrong with that -- to each his own. However, if Tony were to retire, I seriously doubt WNBF would replace him and keep the local-call-in format. With the general decline in population and media consolidation, conventional wisdom says they would air a nationally syndicated morning show. Some people might like that idea. I'm not one of them.

Local call-in shows give residents another forum to air their grievances. A national show does not do that. You would think BCVoice posters would generally be in favor of such a forum.

Guest Elsah

Yes, local talk shows give people an opportunity to air their concerns but the problem here is that Tony doesn't get the callers. One day I counted two, another four. One former caller, "Frank from Apalachin" told Tony that he should call the show "Listen to Tony" because he wasn't getting callers. Tony hung up on him and Frank hasn't called back.

I tried to listen to Tony once. All I could hear from him was about himself and then the pauses and then the humming. My opinion of him was that he was a big bore. I turned him off and do not ever plan on listening to him again, simple as that!

Archived