Planet Earth DVD's

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
I recently bought a High-Def TV and Blu-Ray player. I heard the Planet Earth Series is awesome in HD. Anyone seen them in HD?

You feel like you can reach in and touch the animals. The underwater scenes are especially beautiful.

Guest Guest
I recently bought a High-Def TV and Blu-Ray player. I heard the Planet Earth Series is awesome in HD. Anyone seen them in HD?

Worth every penny...one of the best blu-rays I own. Amazing.

The original broadcast was in HD on their HD channel and it was THE definition of breathtaking. Words cannot convey how incredible the detail and color was.

Buy the Blu-Ray DVDs. They will stun you.

Wolf

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Yes, and you should look at picking up the BBC versions on Blu-Ray.

Even if you've seen the Discovery HD broadcasts, they were heavily edited due to the commercial breaks, and the DVD/Blu-Ray copies not only contain the original BBC footage (an extra 50 minutes), they are also contain the original narration by Sir David Attenborough instead of Sigourney Weaver.

Now that HD-DVD has officially given up the ghost I've seen a few places discount the series on that format as low as 30 dollars. Amazon had it at that price for awhile, but it looks like it's back up to 55.

The original broadcast was in HD on their HD channel and it was THE definition of breathtaking. Words cannot convey how incredible the detail and color was.

Buy the Blu-Ray DVDs. They will stun you.

Wolf

I second that motion...breathtaking!

Guest Guest
Now that HD-DVD has officially given up the ghost I've seen a few places discount the series on that format as low as 30 dollars. Amazon had it at that price for awhile, but it looks like it's back up to 55.

Just barrow a copy and burn your own back up copy.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Just barrow a copy and burn your own back up copy.

Yeah, because that's not illegal or anything. Besides, I don't know of too many people with an HD-DVD burner. Scratch that, I don't know anyone with an HD-DVD burner.

Yeah, because that's not illegal or anything. Besides, I don't know of too many people with an HD-DVD burner. Scratch that, I don't know anyone with an HD-DVD burner.

Actually, if you must know, burning a back up is NOT illegal ! HD burner, not required. Burning DVD Back Ups is nothing more then burning anything else. All that is required is a DVD burner and the knowledge of knowing what to do.

I was doing it up until last month when our pup ( 14 years old ) Patch went to be with the others of his race. He was a chewer. It did not matter, and for some reason he loved the case the flicks came in. You have no idea of how much we've spent on movies, and then have to replace them because he got his jaw a going. A friend turned me on to "the how to's" and its really easy. Crap we've got like 250 back up's that we can now get rid of and bring the orginals out. So it can be done, Blu-Ray and all. The only problem we have it we can not sell them, but the cases we can, and I might want to go thru each case, so....

Actually, if you must know, burning a back up is NOT illegal ! HD burner, not required. Burning DVD Back Ups is nothing more then burning anything else. All that is required is a DVD burner and the knowledge of knowing what to do.

I was doing it up until last month when our pup ( 14 years old ) Patch went to be with the others of his race. He was a chewer. It did not matter, and for some reason he loved the case the flicks came in. You have no idea of how much we've spent on movies, and then have to replace them because he got his jaw a going. A friend turned me on to "the how to's" and its really easy. Crap we've got like 250 back up's that we can now get rid of and bring the orginals out. So it can be done, Blu-Ray and all. The only problem we have it we can not sell them, but the cases we can, and I might want to go thru each case, so....

Run mouser....I hear the cops.

*Woooo....wooooo...woooo*

Run mouser....I hear the cops.

*Woooo....wooooo...woooo*

LMAO... okay if you say so. Naw, if I ever need one, I'll just go next door to my neighbor. He's a State'y....LMAO....knows what I do and why and nothing is illegal. Do some reading and protect your rights.

I think it's something like "opening mouth to wide and inserting size 15 shoe"

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Actually, he said borrow, or at least he was trying to. Borrow, as in not own, as in no right to make a backup.

Actually, he said borrow, or at least he was trying to. Borrow, as in not own, as in no right to make a backup.

VERY GOOD and how RIGHT YOU ARE.

Was wondering how long it would take someone to read and understand what was said.

There is nothing that can be done if you PURCHASE the tune, flick, program and make a FULL back up of it. There is NO LAW that is broken as long as you do not sell or display it in a public place.

Go to flea markets, garage sales, yard sales and you'll find people selling copies that are illegal. They are the main reasons things are so high. Check out Jimay's in the summer, go to the Showcase this sunday and look around. Go to Hilltop (Circle Drive In) down in Dickson City. You'll see it all over the place. The more that it's done, the more new high tech comes out and it just keeps going in a circle.

I am amazed that "johnny law" does not do anything about it.

As for me, all the disc's of the back up's have been pulled and are in 3 spindles that are getting stored in the basement. The cases, ahh I don't know about them, they get a little costly just to toss out.

Thanks for taking the time and picking up on what you read ! Gives some faith that people do read and understand, sometimes.

;)

Yes, and you should look at picking up the BBC versions on Blu-Ray.

Even if you've seen the Discovery HD broadcasts, they were heavily edited due to the commercial breaks, and the DVD/Blu-Ray copies not only contain the original BBC footage (an extra 50 minutes), they are also contain the original narration by Sir David Attenborough instead of Sigourney Weaver.

Actually, if I recall correctly the Weaver versions were not even released in Blu-Ray or HD DVDs as a full set, just the Attenborough ones. That may have changed since the original full-set release. Or am I totally wrong on this?

Wolf

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Actually, if I recall correctly the Weaver versions were not even released in Blu-Ray or HD DVDs as a full set, just the Attenborough ones. That may have changed since the original full-set release. Or am I totally wrong on this?

Wolf

Nope, both the Weaver and Attenborough editions do exist in DVD, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD. The Weaver versions are branded "Discovery Channel" or "Discovery HD Theater" on the bottom of the slip case. Check them out at shopping.discovery.com. Attenborough versions have "BBC Video" written on the upper left of the case -- these are what amazon.com are selling.

Archived