Chamber invitation to Wifi launch!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I hear the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce, you know, the one that did not endorse Matt Ryan, is inviting its members to join Ryan for the launch of the Binghamtot municipal wifi network.

While the Chamber members are there they can ask the Chamber what they will do and say after this thing has lost $60,000 or $90,000 and collapsed after two years or less.

Don't forget Tarik Abdelazim's comment that this muni wifi network is all about "equality and justice", so ask him who is buying the hardware needed so everybody will have access to the network. Tarik admitted that with user fees the system would lose about $15,000 per year but he said it was worth it, after all it is not his money but yours. Now without user fees how much will the system lose, Tarik?

Thank Matt and Tarik on behalf of all those 434 registered sex offenders in Greater Binghamton who will now have completely unmonitored and unlimited Internet access to prey on children on-line. They will now be able to hang out in downtown establishments for hours cruising the Net.

Also, why not ask Matt how much he will raise business taxes this year. He has increased taxes by 15% in two years will he send it over 20% or 25% this year?

Remember he is showing the world Binghamton is opened for business despite all those he keeps causing to close.

POSTED ELSEWHERE_LOCKED

I hear the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce, you know, the one that did not endorse Matt Ryan, is inviting its members to join Ryan for the launch of the Binghamtot municipal wifi network.

While the Chamber members are there they can ask the Chamber what they will do and say after this thing has lost $60,000 or $90,000 and collapsed after two years or less.

Don't forget Tarik Abdelazim's comment that this muni wifi network is all about "equality and justice", so ask him who is buying the hardware needed so everybody will have access to the network. Tarik admitted that with user fees the system would lose about $15,000 per year but he said it was worth it, after all it is not his money but yours. Now without user fees how much will the system lose, Tarik?

Thank Matt and Tarik on behalf of all those 434 registered sex offenders in Greater Binghamton who will now have completely unmonitored and unlimited Internet access to prey on children on-line. They will now be able to hang out in downtown establishments for hours cruising the Net.

Also, why not ask Matt how much he will raise business taxes this year. He has increased taxes by 15% in two years will he send it over 20% or 25% this year?

Remember he is showing the world Binghamton is opened for business despite all those he keeps causing to close.

I received one of those emails today from the Chamber, along with a letter from Matt Ryan inviting me to attend the ceremonies on Thursday. I don't get the whole thing. What advertising revenues are going to be generated from a couple of dozen people playing on their laptops, and "nursing" a cup of coffee for half the morning? Unless, I'm missing something, the whole idea sounds absurd!

Archived