ME VARSITY SOCCER

Guest guest

Guest Guest
What are his credentials............coaching and playing experience, licenses, committment to make the program grow???

Excellent question...

Guest guest

rinker built that program so the same dedication is needed year round not just 2 months out of the year like alot of high school coaches put into their programs

Guest Guest

krise is not the man for this job. this program needs someone with varsity and premier club or higher experience to set this program straight. a person with development knowledge from elementary age and up is would be a huge help to keep feeding the system.

Guest Guest

You could not ask for a better coach in all of ME than this one the boys soccer team will be getting next year......he is the type of coach ME needs in all of the Boys Sports program.....i wish he could coach them all....he does have the knowledge and is one of the fairest and competitive coaches i have seen in any of the boys sports program thus far....there is not one other coach at ME boys level that can compete with this individual....they are getting a rare find.......reap the rewars...the rest of the boys programs are in shambles......

Guest Guest
You could not ask for a better coach in all of ME than this one the boys soccer team will be getting next year......he is the type of coach ME needs in all of the Boys Sports program.....i wish he could coach them all....he does have the knowledge and is one of the fairest and competitive coaches i have seen in any of the boys sports program thus far....there is not one other coach at ME boys level that can compete with this individual....they are getting a rare find.......reap the rewars...the rest of the boys programs are in shambles......

You can speak positively all you want, but you still haven't answered the first question:

What are his credentials?............coaching and playing experience, licenses, committment to make the program grow?

The fact that there hasn't been a response yet makes me think that he has no "credentials"

Guest Been Around
Did you see him coach softball?? Did you see him coach lacrosse?? And what about when he coached the varsity girls soccer for one year?? Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets it, but you are painting a picture of a perfect coach, which no one is (especially in the eyes of M-E parents). And as far as the rest of the boys programs, only one is in shambles and you better hope the same thing doesn't happen to soccer that is happening to football.

Guest Guest
Did you see him coach softball?? Did you see him coach lacrosse?? And what about when he coached the varsity girls soccer for one year?? Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets it, but you are painting a picture of a perfect coach, which no one is (especially in the eyes of M-E parents). And as far as the rest of the boys programs, only one is in shambles and you better hope the same thing doesn't happen to soccer that is happening to football.

The fact that he has coached other sports is already one strike against him. If he were truly going to make a change at M-E in soccer, he would have been deeper involved in soccer that he obviously has been.

Good luck competing with other quality "A" schools like Owego, Johnson City, and EFA.

Guest Guest

i was not sure if this was the same guy and it is. he knows nothing about soccer and he proved that when he coached the girls program. why would you leave a program like the girls when it has such an up side. bad move for ME and the boys program if this happens. he has no club experience or licenses. he will not do anything in the off season and let the club coaches do all the work. he also will do nothing with the development of the elementary school kids because he does not know what development means at this age. he sucked at coaching softball as well. another teacher hire from within to collect a pay check. what a shame. those boys at ME deserve someone with better credentials. that program will not survive with this guy.

Guest guest
The fact that he has coached other sports is already one strike against him. If he were truly going to make a change at M-E in soccer, he would have been deeper involved in soccer that he obviously has been.

Good luck competing with other quality "A" schools like Owego, Johnson City, and EFA.

i can see owego being brought up but the likes of jc and efa??? are you kidding me. jc has never won anything in soccer and efa to my knowledge was beaten badly by jc last season. both of those programs do not compare to owego or me

Guest Guest
i can see owego being brought up but the likes of jc and efa??? are you kidding me. jc has never won anything in soccer and efa to my knowledge was beaten badly by jc last season. both of those programs do not compare to owego or me

-EFA has knocked M-E out of sectionals the past two seasons including a 5-2 beatdown this past season.

-EFA was 2006 Section IV, Class "A" Champion

-They finished 2006 ranked #10 in NYS

-They were has high as #4 this season

-They played in their second consecutive Section IV Final this season

-2007 STAC West Champions

-EFA tied Vestal this past season and lost 3-2 the second game

-Not to mention EFA plays all AA teams

Sounds like a pretty strong program to me...

jc beat efa in the stac semis last year and won the division over owego and me

also me couldnt even score against jc in their two games last year.they also have gone 15-1 and i think it was 10-3-3 in their last two years.

Guest Guest
jc beat efa in the stac semis last year and won the division over owego and me

also me couldnt even score against jc in their two games last year.they also have gone 15-1 and i think it was 10-3-3 in their last two years.

Now you're contradicting yourself? You say that "M-E has a better program than JC and EFA", yet you go onto say that "M-E couldn't even score a goal against JC last season"? What gives? I agree that JC is a current quality program, but lets not forget that six of those wins came against Windsor, Whitney Point, Norwich, Chenango Forks, Chenango Valley, and Seton Catholic.

If we are so reliant on scores, what about the fact that EFA has knocked M-E out of sectional the past two season and including a 5-2 beating this year?

Guest Guest
It doesn't matter who ME picks there will be nothing but pure bitching-we are out of control at this school.

From what it sounds like, this new coach isn't going to make things any better. No licenses, no dedication, no playing experience...crazy that they would even imagine hiring such a guy!!

Guest guest

From what it sounds like, this new coach isn't going to make things any better. No licenses, no dedication, no playing experience...crazy that they would even imagine hiring such a guy!!

Yeah I agree they need to have the kids live and breathe sports no time for any other fun stuff, and if they don't win-take them out back and beat them! I mean we are talking high school sports.....................

Guest Guest

Yeah I agree they need to have the kids live and breathe sports no time for any other fun stuff, and if they don't win-take them out back and beat them! I mean we are talking high school sports.....................

You're an idiot...you completely took my words out of context. There is a difference between being dedicated and obsessive. However, if you don't have the dedication to learn your craft (coaching courses, knowledge of the game, etc) then you don't have any right to coach. You're hurting the kids more than helping them.

Now you're contradicting yourself? You say that "M-E has a better program than JC and EFA", yet you go onto say that "M-E couldn't even score a goal against JC last season"? What gives? I agree that JC is a current quality program, but lets not forget that six of those wins came against Windsor, Whitney Point, Norwich, Chenango Forks, Chenango Valley, and Seton Catholic.

If we are so reliant on scores, what about the fact that EFA has knocked M-E out of sectional the past two season and including a 5-2 beating this year?

i am not contradicting myself.i am answering back to the person who said me was better than jc.

also ,those 6 wins are the same that owego or me would get. so dont downgrade jc's wins and think me's wins would have been better. unfortunately,the east division is very weak in soccer and the central is very strong.(jc,owego,m-e and oneonta).these teams have to play who they are scheduled to play.

last season is over.lets not worry about next year till after baseball is over

Guest Guest

ok well the boys are in the weight room every other day with krise... krise wants the team to be sucessful but i dont think he will make it better, he has the right idea but doesnt no enough about the game and the players he has

as for last seasons games yes m-e got crushed against jc and efa but thats last season, lets look at this coming year jc loses joel collins (all-state player) and was the engine for that team and did everything for them as for efa idk whats up with them and who cares i guess there losing some key players but what they really need r new refs cause the ones they have suck and every1 agrees with that ... now for m-e they have good players coming back in karim azeb zach azeb tommy moon marcus osovski and there keeper is decent. they have a 8th grader coming up whos nice and can put the ball in the net... if they can keep there mouth shut and play as a team they should be ok

the teams next year are not going to be good for every school but the individual players have some talent

mike spadine(owego), tommy moon (m-e), dani brieurpeojr(jc), brenton jones(windsor)

Guest Guest ME SOCCER
Licenses, playing experience, credentials for Schum?

Tim Schum. I see you have lots of knowledge on soccer in our area. I look forward to hearing how he is not worthy to coach ME or how he "sucks". I also look forward to hearing how it is "D-3" soccer and should not be taken seriously.

TIMOTHY O. SCHUM

Inducted 1999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A native of Rochester, NY, Tim Schum served as the men's soccer coach at Binghamton from 1963-1992. He also coached golf and baseball, and served in numerous administrative capacities within the physical education, recreation and athletics department.

During Schum's 29-year soccer tenure, Binghamton teams earned national distinction, and his 259 victories and win percentage of 66% are among the top echelon of Division III coaches. In addition, his nearly-three-decade tenure is one of the longest in the collegiate ranks.

Schum's squads played post-season 16 times, including eight years in the NCAA tournament. His teams captured six SUNYAC titles and two ECAC crowns, including the inaugural ECAC Championship in 1972. Schum led his 1975 and 1980 teams to the NCAA quarterfinals - the furthest advancement of any team in school history.

Under his direction, Binghamton totalled double-digit wins 16 times, including a remarkable eight straight years from 1982-89, and earned a top-10 national ranking three times. The 1982 and 1987 squads were accorded #1 regional rankings. In all, he coached six All-Americans and produced 41 All-State and 67 All-SUNYAC selections. He was named SUNYAC Coach of the Year in 1974, and was honored by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America with both the Honor Award (for meritorious service) and the Bill Jeffrey Award (for outstanding service to collegiate soccer) in 1995.

Past-President of the NSCAA, Schum has also served as editor of its national publication, Soccer Journal, for 20 years, and has been an ambassador for the sport at every level.

Guest Curious
Tim Schum. I see you have lots of knowledge on soccer in our area. I look forward to hearing how he is not worthy to coach ME or how he "sucks". I also look forward to hearing how it is "D-3" soccer and should not be taken seriously.

TIMOTHY O. SCHUM

Inducted 1999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A native of Rochester, NY, Tim Schum served as the men's soccer coach at Binghamton from 1963-1992. He also coached golf and baseball, and served in numerous administrative capacities within the physical education, recreation and athletics department.

During Schum's 29-year soccer tenure, Binghamton teams earned national distinction, and his 259 victories and win percentage of 66% are among the top echelon of Division III coaches. In addition, his nearly-three-decade tenure is one of the longest in the collegiate ranks.

Schum's squads played post-season 16 times, including eight years in the NCAA tournament. His teams captured six SUNYAC titles and two ECAC crowns, including the inaugural ECAC Championship in 1972. Schum led his 1975 and 1980 teams to the NCAA quarterfinals - the furthest advancement of any team in school history.

Under his direction, Binghamton totalled double-digit wins 16 times, including a remarkable eight straight years from 1982-89, and earned a top-10 national ranking three times. The 1982 and 1987 squads were accorded #1 regional rankings. In all, he coached six All-Americans and produced 41 All-State and 67 All-SUNYAC selections. He was named SUNYAC Coach of the Year in 1974, and was honored by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America with both the Honor Award (for meritorious service) and the Bill Jeffrey Award (for outstanding service to collegiate soccer) in 1995.

Past-President of the NSCAA, Schum has also served as editor of its national publication, Soccer Journal, for 20 years, and has been an ambassador for the sport at every level.

This guy appears to be a "dream" candidate. Why would he want to come to M-E and work with the AD and the M-E parents? I would have to imagine that there are much better opportunities out there for someone of Shums caliber.

Archived