ME VARSITY SOCCER

Guest guest

Guest soccer_fan
This guy appears to be a "dream" candidate. Why would he want to come to M-E and work with the AD and the M-E parents? I would have to imagine that there are much better opportunities out there for someone of Shums caliber.

I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a joke, Schum lives in M-E and thats why the joke was put out there. Anyone who doesn't know him really doesn't know our areas soccer history.

The funny thing is Tim hates the "Premier" soccer concept and its money driven system. He actually wrote an editorial about the concept and why its destroying youth soccer in America a few years back for the Soccer Journal. That alone would get a lot of heat from our current local soccer people,, many of whom think only Fusion can save the game LOL.

Heres a hint people the reason the Fusion kids tend to be better isn't the coaching, its the fact the practice/play 3-4 times a week and the other players don't. If you put the time in you get better, if you don't want to work you'll improve less.

Guest Guest
Heres a hint people the reason the Fusion kids tend to be better isn't the coaching, its the fact the practice/play 3-4 times a week and the other players don't. If you put the time in you get better, if you don't want to work you'll improve less.

You contradict yourself here buddy. YES, half the reason Fusion players get better is because of the frequency of practices, but you can't learn the game if you are being taught by someone who has never player and/or doesn't understand it to the extent that is needed. Most unlicensed coaches have neither. Not only a Fusion players playing quite a bit, but they are being instructed by knowledgeable coaches.

Guest Soccer_fan
You contradict yourself here buddy. YES, half the reason Fusion players get better is because of the frequency of practices, but you can't learn the game if you are being taught by someone who has never player and/or doesn't understand it to the extent that is needed. Most unlicensed coaches have neither. Not only a Fusion players playing quite a bit, but they are being instructed by knowledgeable coaches.

I never contradicted myself, you tried to add something that is the total opposite of what I said. Take 2 players if one kid works 3 days a week with an unlicensed coach and the other works once a week with a licensed coach, the first kid will be better licensed coach or not. He will have had more touches on the ball, more exposure to situations, and more opportunity to improve (FYI got that from my NSCAA National Course). It all boils down to how much work a player puts it in. Yes the coaching will help, but the biggest reason the Fusion kids are better is the fact they put in more time and are more dedicated to the game.

Guest Guest

fusion practices 2 times a week, i no other players and teams that practice 2 times a week and there no where near as good as the fusion players. it is the coaching and the players around them that make the player better

Archived