Matt & Tarik, meet me on the Riverwalk tomorrow

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Looks at this joke!!!!

267317171d5eac8518d178030550fba22794781e3fec5ef77200d1e1af9eb9020fc4a596.jpg

Has anybody ever looked into how many days a year the Riverwalk is unusable?

I mean, come on! It is either flooded or covered with ice or under repair. The thing is under a few feet of water already and this is only "Minor" to "Moderate" flooding.

How long will it stand up to this constant flooding?

What engineering firm designed this thing?

And Rainbow Ryan wants to build more? What for, more laughs?

Guest Guest
Looks at this joke!!!!

267317171d5eac8518d178030550fba22794781e3fec5ef77200d1e1af9eb9020fc4a596.jpg

Has anybody ever looked into how many days a year the Riverwalk is unusable?

I mean, come on! It is either flooded or covered with ice or under repair. The thing is under a few feet of water already and this is only "Minor" to "Moderate" flooding.

How long will it stand up to this constant flooding?

What engineering firm designed this thing?

And Rainbow Ryan wants to build more? What for, more laughs?

For holding on to demonstrably failed 1960's urban planning fads, just like his predecessor.

Guest Guest

Well if anything you need to blame BOOCHY for the riverwalk none of it was built by anything Matt Ryans work.

To begin with the taxpayers didnt like the idera of a riverwalk unless the river was dredged to prevent flooding and make it useable for boating and skiing. its nothing more than a polluted stagnet stream.

millions wasted and millions will be wasted with little to no return for business or taxpayer. but we can really blame it all on RAINBOW RYAN even tho i would like to.

Guest Guest

Wasn't it Ryan who proclaimed the Riverwalk would be the centerpiece of a revitalization of downtown?

Or am I confusing that with Harris's claim of Community Gardens being the foundation of our new, robust "hip hop" economy?

Guest Guest
Well if anything you need to blame BOOCHY for the riverwalk none of it was built by anything Matt Ryans work.

To begin with the taxpayers didnt like the idera of a riverwalk unless the river was dredged to prevent flooding and make it useable for boating and skiing. its nothing more than a polluted stagnet stream.

millions wasted and millions will be wasted with little to no return for business or taxpayer. but we can really blame it all on RAINBOW RYAN even tho i would like to.

But you can blame the next $1,600,000 ($800,000 from the City of Binghamton) that Ryan wants to spend to take it to the beautiful Binghamton Plaza, past The Regency Hotel he gave away for peanuts.

If Nexus Hospitality wants to name their hotel the Rivertrail Radisson have them pay for it as part of that $4,000,000 that we will never see from them.

Guest Guest

Beautiful day today to be out and about, did you use the Riverwalk?

You want to feel "vibrant"? Try wading through a rushing river of near ice and mud.

Guest Guest

We get it already, you're really really really really really really really REALLY REALLY mad that you lost the election and want everyone to know how big a mistake you feel they made in not picking you. Your whole approach is so reminicent of middle school politics. But you know what? Even if you do show everyone that the homecoming queen has a pimple it doesn't make you any less ugly or untalented. Feel free to give your usual juvenile response.

I was actually on the riverwalk today checking out the river flow. It was pretty cool to be able to walk along the water while I ate lunch. The part that's underwater now was designed to be underwater during high water points. It survives the submersion wonderfully and lets you go down near the river during 95% of the year. I guess you would have found a way to stop the project and return the money since we all know how opposed you are to spending taxpayer money on superfluous quality of life projects like riverwalks and theaters.

Guest Guest

I didn't lose an election. I didn't run for election. I just think the riverwalk is colossal waste of money, and resources as well as an example of completely misplaced priorities.

Guest Guest

People get it.

Do you think they want another $1,600,000 wasted when buildings are collapsing around them?

Binghamton is broke. It cannot afford these frills.

End of story.

Stop wasting money on non-essential stuff (WiFi- River walk). They talk about infastructer but seem not willing to due anything about it. His public approval would probably jump if he would actually do something positive for the city instead of wasting money and time on projects that do nothing positive for the masses or the city. Keep up the good work Matt.

Guest Guest
Isn't funny how now that the City of Bingo has experienced the likes of Matt Ryan, the Booch looks like a Saint?

... ,

Some people will tell you that is why Boochay supported the Doofus, because he knew Matt would make him look good. Boochay didn't want somebody in the Mayor's Offcie that would actually do something and make people wonder why Bucci had not done it before.

Guest Guest

Will anybody stop Ryan from spending another $1,600,000 on a Riverwalk extension? Why doesn't Nexus Hospitality pay to run it by The Regency Hotel.

Did Nexus walk away from the deal?

Guest soggy
Anybody using their laptops down by the Riverwalk tonight?

If anyone should spot a laptop floating by from Vestal to Nichols it belongs to me!

Please return it.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

With $1,600,000 and your support we will be placing the extension of the River Lark there between those trees. Don't let a few feet of water deter you.

You know you want to walk that path to view the back of the beautiful K-Mart Plaza and then on to Cheri Lindsay Park, just place you want to be.

Only $1,600,000.

It is a bargain....

Trust me.

Would I lie to you?

90240416639e1f55d5c9d9bbc9d1eb2cb03a02c8bed96ce98cde01e23d0069f5e82b5e86.jpg

@

Guest Guest

I have to say, I LOVE the Riverwalk. Before most of it was built, I used to walk down to the "park" at the Confluence, for some fresh air and some peace... I was a little bit hesitant to accept the idea of the park and walkway being built, as I thought it would increase traffic in my nice little peaceful area...

...Well...

It didn't.

So, it's like all those megabucks got spent to make a nice little park and a nice long walkway just for me.

There are fewer people now than there were eight years ago before any of it existed. So, whatever -- it's a great place for me...

...Um... except for the fact that, yeah, it is underwater several weeks or months out of a typical year... My family calls it the Riverswim. My little one cried the first time she saw it flooded because she didn't understand how our beloved pathway just ceased to exist under all that water... I'm not going to complain about it TOO much, because, after all, it is my personal walkway and my personal cool little park, since nobody else uses it, and I'm quite grateful, but I've got to say, they really could have planned it a little better... You know, because it really does make our area look like a disaster zone every time it freakin' rains.

Archived