Is it really that bad?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I keep seeing stories on TV about how bad the real estate market is. Does that mean I should hold off shopping for my first home this spring?

Guest Century 21 expert
I keep seeing stories on TV about how bad the real estate market is. Does that mean I should hold off shopping for my first home this spring?

yes, do not shop, market is a cesspool :angry:

Guest Guest

No, the market is NOT that bad. I just bought a new home last month. In my price range which was average for the area... there were always new houses coming on the market to see and I was able to shop around and find a house I really loved. I dont want to start another thread about real estate agents and companies... but if you do get a good agent he/she will be able to find you a great place. good luck!

Guest Century 21 expert
No, the market is NOT that bad. I just bought a new home last month. In my price range which was average for the area... there were always new houses coming on the market to see and I was able to shop around and find a house I really loved. I dont want to start another thread about real estate agents and companies... but if you do get a good agent he/she will be able to find you a great place. good luck!

You are an inbred, do not know what you're talking about. Market is still cesspool :angry:

Guest Century 21 expert
Its a good time to buy. Not so good to sell. Call a few realtors.

You DELETED market is cesspool all around :angry: Do not buy, do not sell. Supply and demand geez :angry::angry::angry:

Wouldn't it be a good time to buy if the market is not that good? There are always houses for sale, and if there is not a lot of demand then you would be able to get a house for less than you would if the market was doing well.

Guest New Joc City
Wouldn't it be a good time to buy if the market is not that good? There are always houses for sale, and if there is not a lot of demand then you would be able to get a house for less than you would if the market was doing well.

No cause it also means the economy around it is struggling as well. In Binghamton's case that is saying alot :blink: We've hit an almost all time low :angry:

I believe the market around here is overpriced. I was looking for a home in Binghamton, yes, Binghamton as I have been considering a move into politics.

I was very un-impressed with the market as many of the homes required significant work / upgrades and the prices were up there. I looked at a few and I

can honestly say I have learned not to take the word of a realtor.

What really gets me is the prices just don't add up. I've seen houses that were flooded and repaired put on the market at top dollar.

I've seen people purchase new homes and gut them. I've seen nice homes at top dollar that needed too much work.

I figure I have about another year to make my decision.

Just remember before you commit a dollar get a home inspection.

As far as that cesspool thing.... I hope so. I hope it will knock the prices down so I can find a realistically priced home and more people can afford a home at the price it should be at

and not some market driven price.

Good Luck !

Think the houses in this market are over-priced for what they are? What?

Have you ever looked around in other markets in other states to see first hand what some of the prices on similar houses are? Most of the houses in this area can be purchased cheaper than in many other areas simply because of the poor state of the economy. You can get a decent three bedroom house in the Broome country area that does NOT need a ton of work done to it for between 70 and 100k... the same house in other markets goes for 150 to 200k.... Don't belive me, do a simple search on Realtor.com

ACiD

Guest Howard Stern

8===D

Archived