If I Didn't Have Dogs....

NY Patriot

Guest slowpoke
My dog eats his own feces. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to that.

I was hoping he'd grow out of it when his puphood was over, but, so far, that doesn't look like the case.

At least once a day he comes back inside with the worst breath you can imagine. He burps. It's awful.

Of course, that's not stopping me from getting another one tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll have better culinary habits.

try a powdered meat tenderizer, and/or worcestshire(sp?) sauce on his food. supposed to make poop taste yucky, as if poop needs help to taste yucky. it worked on my 2 labs, they were to the point where they would almost eat it from each other as it came out, and it was GROSS, but it did work. make sure you put the stuff on the food. when i learned about the tenderizer and sauce, i wasn't told to put it on the food, and did i look stupid running around my yard sprinkling meat tenderizer and steak sauce on dog poop......i DID learn!

try a powdered meat tenderizer, and/or worcestshire(sp?) sauce on his food. supposed to make poop taste yucky, as if poop needs help to taste yucky. it worked on my 2 labs, they were to the point where they would almost eat it from each other as it came out, and it was GROSS, but it did work. make sure you put the stuff on the food. when i learned about the tenderizer and sauce, i wasn't told to put it on the food, and did i look stupid running around my yard sprinkling meat tenderizer and steak sauce on dog poop......i DID learn!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest slowpoke
I lost Max, my Germey Leopard (German Shep) at 14. I lost my Rottie, Klaus at 4 due to lepto. If there has been one thing I have learned is that there is a higher order to dogs. A character, persona, a soul in fur so to speak so everytime there is an accident or problem within the house it is usually due to some human not listening close enough. I now have a house with 3 dogs, each one unique, each one with their own personality. I have to admit, they are easier to get along with than most humans. However recently one of the guys I work with had to put his friend down. How do you really say that. Put down???? What is that??? What is a better word?? Retire??? There has to be something more dignified for a friend , a creature, an entity that gave so much, no matter what, that influenced so much but demanded so little. I had to dig a bit in my archives but I don't believe this has been posted.... and I wish to dedicate this to my co-worker that just had to commit his friend to eternal memory... Maybe that's it... A commitment to memory.... of all that was shared.... but here goes......

"And the dog heard"

God summoned a beast from the field and he said, "Behold man, created in my image. Therefore, adore him. You shall protect him in the wilderness, shepherd his flocks, watch over his children, accompany him wherever he may go...even into civilization. You shall be his companion, his ally, his slave."

"To do these things," God said, "I endow you with these instincts, uncommon to other beasts: Faithfulness, devotion and understanding surpassing those of man himself."

"Lest it impair your courage, you shall never foresee your death. Lest it impair your loyalty, you shall be blind to the faults of man. Lest it impair your understanding, you are denied the power of words."

"Let no fault of language cleave an accord beyond that of man with any other beast or even man with man. Speak to you master only with your mind and through your honest eyes."

"Walk by his side; sleep in his doorway; forage for him; ward off his afflictions; love him and comfort him. And in return for this, man will fulfill your needs and wants --- which shall be only food, shelter and affection."

"So be silent, and be a friend to man. Guide him through the perils along the way to this land that I have promised him. This shall be your destiny and your immortality." So spoke the Lord.

And the dog heard and was content.

Author unknown

Jeff... This is for you and your friend !!!

On 10/31/07, my best friend of 13 wonderful years was laid to rest. Reading this only makes my memory of Cocoa Crispy Cool (chocolate labrador retriever) that much stronger. Still yet everyday, something will remind me of my loving companion and a tear gets shed. My wonderful wife and children made me a beautiful shadow box display with pictures, and a paw print in concrete that it his. I had Cocoa well before I knew my wife or had my children, so this gift thay gave me is priceless. They knew my love for him. At least I was with him, when he closed his eyes for the last time, and we laid there together for a very long time. He IS the dog that all dogs be judged by. I know I say that with prejudice as I know there are MANY wonderful dogs out there, and I am so very glad that there are so many of you who love and care for our pets.

I'm sorry for rambling

those of you who know-- know what I am feeling

On 10/31/07, my best friend of 13 wonderful years was laid to rest. Reading this only makes my memory of Cocoa Crispy Cool (chocolate labrador retriever) that much stronger. Still yet everyday, something will remind me of my loving companion and a tear gets shed. My wonderful wife and children made me a beautiful shadow box display with pictures, and a paw print in concrete that it his. I had Cocoa well before I knew my wife or had my children, so this gift thay gave me is priceless. They knew my love for him. At least I was with him, when he closed his eyes for the last time, and we laid there together for a very long time. He IS the dog that all dogs be judged by. I know I say that with prejudice as I know there are MANY wonderful dogs out there, and I am so very glad that there are so many of you who love and care for our pets.

I'm sorry for rambling

Yeah... I know how you're feeling. It sucks to be us...but God love our babies...they'll wait for us!

Guest slowpoke
Yeah... I know how you're feeling. It sucks to be us...but God love our babies...they'll wait for us!

yeah.......thanks.......really

I'm sorry for rambling

God you got me all choked up ... have lost few of my friends from old age - and my special boy "Yogi" (pic of him on profile) got taken away too soon.

I have a new boy "Smokey" .. i still catch myself calling him Yogi .. guess it takes time...

(to people out there that hit and run ... .... someday it might happen to you .. show some compassion :angry: )

Guest slowpoke
God you got me all choked up ... have lost few of my friends from old age - and my special boy "Yogi" (pic of him on profile) got taken away too soon.

I have a new boy "Smokey" .. i still catch myself calling him Yogi .. guess it takes time...

(to people out there that hit and run ... .... someday it might happen to you .. show some compassion :angry: )

Sorry man....didnt mean to get anyone choked up, but that reading above me.......got me to full bore crying, selfishly, of course, and i just rambled on. I do appreciate the compassion. I am 42 years old, and he was the first one that I ever had to, you know. It just stays with me so long. I still have his son (Remington), and Remington's daughter (Winchester), so part of Cocoa is still tripping me going down the stairs, or pushing me off the bed, or sticking his tongue in my mouth when i am sleeping, or laying at my feet near the fireplace, or walking with me through the fields at home.

Rest in peace, my old friend

Sorry man....didnt mean to get anyone choked up, but that reading above me.......got me to full bore crying, selfishly, of course, and i just rambled on. I do appreciate the compassion. I am 42 years old, and he was the first one that I ever had to, you know. It just stays with me so long. I still have his son (Remington), and Remington's daughter (Winchester), so part of Cocoa is still tripping me going down the stairs, or pushing me off the bed, or sticking his tongue in my mouth when i am sleeping, or laying at my feet near the fireplace, or walking with me through the fields at home.

Rest in peace, my old friend

:)

It's as I said. Memory.

As long as you remember them you will always have them.

Never forget your friends.

Every day of their lives they thought about you.

All you have to do is remember them and they will be forever.

You are not alone. You remembered.

Even with your new friends... They know and so do you.

Some day I'll tell all of you about the cat that saved my life... Until then.... Take your friend for a walk, give them strokes, a hug and know a great gift.

Don't cry. You have some new friends. Take them by your side. Enjoy the early morning, take them for a walk. Rest assured that while you're away they will look after things....

But know....

The gift continues.

Archived