Alternate to Fusion Soccer Training

Guest Curious Soccer Dad

Guest Guest

It is true that Chris and a few other parents had everything to do with that team folding(and I am not Shane). You as a coach play the players that you see in practice play hard. Parents never see the kids play except in the game. Coaches are going to see it different then other coaches and parents. Plus you must know that players develop as they get older. A child who plays at 10 and is great may turn 15 and not be very good and visa versa. The bottom line is that this is a game for the kids ruined by parents. If the parents had shut up and lived with it this year they would have got another trainer next year and been ready to explode onto the scene as a top team at U15 due to Fusion training. Instead they destroyed a very good thing. Ask the U15s this year what sticking it out got them. Yeh, there kids playing in Disney and the other 2 top tournaments on the EAST COAST. Playing in one of the best leagues in the country. There is good and bad in everything, too bad those parents where whiney babys. There well be a U14 and probably a U13 team next year, I doubt that a U15 team will rise from the ashes. And stop putting "kids" names on this site....good or bad.

Guest Sick of Chris
It is true that Chris and a few other parents had everything to do with that team folding(and I am not Shane). You as a coach play the players that you see in practice play hard. Parents never see the kids play except in the game. Coaches are going to see it different then other coaches and parents. Plus you must know that players develop as they get older. A child who plays at 10 and is great may turn 15 and not be very good and visa versa. The bottom line is that this is a game for the kids ruined by parents. If the parents had shut up and lived with it this year they would have got another trainer next year and been ready to explode onto the scene as a top team at U15 due to Fusion training. Instead they destroyed a very good thing. Ask the U15s this year what sticking it out got them. Yeh, there kids playing in Disney and the other 2 top tournaments on the EAST COAST. Playing in one of the best leagues in the country. There is good and bad in everything, too bad those parents where whiney babys. There well be a U14 and probably a U13 team next year, I doubt that a U15 team will rise from the ashes. And stop putting "kids" names on this site....good or bad.

What Chris doesnt tell the parents is that he buddy-buddy ups to Shane all the time; calling him all the for advice, emailing him texting what do I do, what do you think of that, how do i do this how do i do that.........and then hes the one who cuts him off at the knees by making sure the Fusion team folded. Shane was on the sidelines with Chris's team this past weekend because Chris asked him to be there. Shane knows how to coach and train and motivate these kids in a way that Chris does not and can not......Then Im sure he was the one who wrote in BCV bashing Shane for being there just to make himself look better and plant another poison seed. How do you feel Chris? Being a two faced user?

@

Guest wow fusion is gay

so, basically fusion is the worst thing to come into this area. paul marco is the mastermind of this stupid, money-making scheme which is worthless and is no better than when b.c. united had its regular old premier and club teams. thanks to good old paul marco, half the good coaches have left the area or have been fired. this makes fusion so much better for what the people are paying for it. not.

@

Guest Guest
so, basically fusion is the worst thing to come into this area. paul marco is the mastermind of this stupid, money-making scheme which is worthless and is no better than when b.c. united had its regular old premier and club teams. thanks to good old paul marco, half the good coaches have left the area or have been fired. this makes fusion so much better for what the people are paying for it. not.

This is inaccurate. BC Fusion is one of the best things to happen to soccer in Broome County in a long time. FINALLY, we have a PREMIER club that plays (and competes) against some of the top competition in the state...not rec leagues like BCSA.

Guest Guest
This is inaccurate. BC Fusion is one of the best things to happen to soccer in Broome County in a long time. FINALLY, we have a PREMIER club that plays (and competes) against some of the top competition in the state...not rec leagues like BCSA.

yeah finally a team playing against real competition instead of the lowly BCSA

@

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Get a grip
It's true, I saw Coach Cook with his shirt off once and there was a big hole where his Kidney used to be ... I could see right through it. BTW I miss all of you U14Girls ex-Fusion parents ... the good news is that the weakest of the herd are now playing club ball for Empire. Thats a pretty significant step backwards. Chris Walsh ... nice guy ... but CLUB team. At least the better U14Girls were adopted by the older Fusion team for the time being ... until next year when the girls that quit and ran away hopefuly see the light (if the parents steer clear) and come humbly back. Go Danielle T. and Linsey A. ! You guys are doing awesome.

Danielle T. and Linsey (As you spelled it) are great players, but to say the two were the best on the team is not fair, nor accurate. Actually you are quite ignorant to the facts. The players all went different directions. Only 2 were selected to play up an age group. This is a kids game, who really cares anyway. There was a chemistry last year, it is UNFORTUNEATE that the team dissolved but ultimately it is nobody's fault but the Orginization. On the Shane Cook hate/love train......There isn't a coach I know that isn't loved and hated. Have you ever coached? Not as easy to please everyone. Believe me. I resent the rating of girls against each other and the time invested in all of this rubbish. Go sit in timeout, until all of your facts are correct anyway. :)

Guest Identity Fraud
What Chris doesnt tell the parents is that he buddy-buddy ups to Shane all the time; calling him all the for advice, emailing him texting what do I do, what do you think of that, how do i do this how do i do that.........and then hes the one who cuts him off at the knees by making sure the Fusion team folded. Shane was on the sidelines with Chris's team this past weekend because Chris asked him to be there. Shane knows how to coach and train and motivate these kids in a way that Chris does not and can not......Then Im sure he was the one who wrote in BCV bashing Shane for being there just to make himself look better and plant another poison seed. How do you feel Chris? Being a two faced user?

@

@ - You @pparently know Mr. Chris. Why don't you confront him with your accusations? You obviously know him pretty well to have this much Intel on the man. Doesn't say much about your character either does it?

Yours truly,

(@=0)

Guest Guest

All 3 U14s will travel with the U15 team this weekend and play good minutes. One of them started all weekend when the 15s won Jefferson Cup and the other 2 are gaining good minutes. As for the club team, they are good and athletic but still have the "club" thinking parents and kids. That will hold you back. The 3 14s on the 15s will be so much better than any other 14 in the area next year because of who they play with and against this year.

@

Guest Guest

Why can't people believe that some U13 players parents from last year just didn't want to live the fusion life. They tried it and it wasn't for them. It had nothing to do with Shane or Chris. My daughter played for Shane last year and he was fine.

Believe it or not, soccer is just a game.

@

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
wow... I now have a new respect for baseball.. soccer and it's parents are a bunch of losers. go baseball.. americas true pastime!

Soccer, the WORLD'S true pasttime. I would rather be global than local...

Guest Wondering
Danielle T. and Linsey (As you spelled it) are great players, but to say the two were the best on the team is not fair, nor accurate. Actually you are quite ignorant to the facts. The players all went different directions. Only 2 were selected to play up an age group. This is a kids game, who really cares anyway. There was a chemistry last year, it is UNFORTUNEATE that the team dissolved but ultimately it is nobody's fault but the Orginization. On the Shane Cook hate/love train......There isn't a coach I know that isn't loved and hated. Have you ever coached? Not as easy to please everyone. Believe me. I resent the rating of girls against each other and the time invested in all of this rubbish. Go sit in timeout, until all of your facts are correct anyway. :)

My understanding when BC United became Fusion was that kids could no longer play up and parents could no longer coach their kids team. Now youre saying that 2 players were selected to play up? This infuriates me because several years ago my childs team was a powerhouse and their players were a combination of age appropriate and play uppers. I really hope that they didnt dissolve a young team due to lack of players because 2 were called up. I hope that the older age group was short (why are they short this year?) and that the younger age group was going to fold anyways.

Guest My 2 cents
Why can't people believe that some U13 players parents from last year just didn't want to live the fusion life. They tried it and it wasn't for them. It had nothing to do with Shane or Chris. My daughter played for Shane last year and he was fine.

Believe it or not, soccer is just a game.

@

I was on that team too last year. I heard ALOT of things that werent "fine". Shane should coach boys not girls.

Guest Guest
My understanding when BC United became Fusion was that kids could no longer play up and parents could no longer coach their kids team. Now youre saying that 2 players were selected to play up? This infuriates me because several years ago my childs team was a powerhouse and their players were a combination of age appropriate and play uppers. I really hope that they didnt dissolve a young team due to lack of players because 2 were called up. I hope that the older age group was short (why are they short this year?) and that the younger age group was going to fold anyways.

Your child's team was a "powerhouse" because they played against lowly competition in the BCSA. They were not a "powerhouse" on the state level. BC Fusion plays against the best teams in the REGION (Virginia through Maine) and competes with them.

Guest vestalmom

None of the boys want Reverend, Dr. M Shane Cook as a coach/trainer either, do you want the boys to start dropping out of Fusion too?

Guest fusion dad
None of the boys want Reverend, Dr. M Shane Cook as a coach/trainer either, do you want the boys to start dropping out of Fusion too?

Wow ... the odds must be 1:1,000,000 because my son plays Fusion and would be happy to have Cook as a trainer/coach. Who knew my son was the only one? I must have missed the meeting where everyone got together with limited information, no actual basis to form an opinion, and voted. Too bad. Just to remind you, not every kid or parent shares equal affinity for teachers, friends, parents or even Reverends. How about you stop speaking on my behalf, stop whining, and keep your opinions framed as "in my opinion, or my child believes" and let the rest of us decide on our own. You are anonymous and out of line. I'm not defending or promoting him, I am merely saying, you are not welcome to speak on my or my child's behalf.

I hope to see you leaping with the pack of lemmings, following the Pied Piper, or watching you on the sidelines as the over-zealous parent, hollering as your son toe-kicks his first goal, or was pushed and didn't get the call. If our sons happen to be on the same team, I remind you to keep your pile-on opinions to yourself... I don't share them.

Guest Vestal Stepmom

The only people who know the Reverend Dr M Shane Cook title, are those that either Shane texts or emails. Shane be careful. Some mom in Vestal that is on your private distribution list is out to hurt you spinelessly. Nice friend you are Vestal Mom.

Archived