Tioga Downs,Dentists and Car Dealers

Guest Guestsss

Guest Patty

Car dealers, yep, they sure know how to snow you. Did you ever think you out smarted one of them and thought you had a good deal? Guys admit it, you can't out smart a car dealer. He's schooled in showing you black and you actually are seeing red in his favor.

I went in to Toyota dealer just for some info. on trading and buying and once the guy found out I wasn't ready for those kinds of figures at that moment, he left me to leave on my own and I was confused as to how to exit..Did he care Nope! NO Sale get out!

The other little trick they get just enough out of you and then leave and go to a computer and try and find your fico score, now that may assist them quite a bit, but should they automatically assume you can't afford the car your interested in? I was in business long enough to learn that lesson isn't always what it seems. I was left quite a bit through a death unfortunately, but not everything shows on a credit check.

I guess when you are ready to buy a car make a friend thats a car dealer himself or herself and have them go with you, hows that?

Car dealers, yep, they sure know how to snow you. Did you ever think you out smarted one of them and thought you had a good deal? Guys admit it, you can't out smart a car dealer. He's schooled in showing you black and you actually are seeing red in his favor.

I went in to Toyota dealer just for some info. on trading and buying and once the guy found out I wasn't ready for those kinds of figures at that moment, he left me to leave on my own and I was confused as to how to exit..Did he care Nope! NO Sale get out!

The other little trick they get just enough out of you and then leave and go to a computer and try and find your fico score, now that may assist them quite a bit, but should they automatically assume you can't afford the car your interested in? I was in business long enough to learn that lesson isn't always what it seems. I was left quite a bit through a death unfortunately, but not everything shows on a credit check.

I guess when you are ready to buy a car make a friend thats a car dealer himself or herself and have them go with you, hows that?

Here's a bit of info for car buyers!!! If you are buying a new car remember the dealer can actually sell you a car for dead cost-Their invoice. All dealers of new cars get what is called a hold back usually 4% of the cost of the auto. Then there is ad money for them so these ads really don't cost them a whole lot, over head? yeah right. Plus they also get back door money, incentive to sell the cars that are slow movers on a national level. Once you drive away a new car the depreciation is huge, so plan on keeping your car a long time.

Used cars!!! The new trend is one sales price that's it. No negotiation etc. What you see is it. LOL.

I just bought a used car, 2007, 13,000 miles, hot import. Off I go to Rochester,NY then Buffalo.

Bought the used car in that area, $2000. less than the hard, not gonna budge used car price in our local area. Year newer,less miles by far. Moral of this is, don't fall for the "that's it price". Those very dealers have called me back to see if I'd like to buy their used car, too late. I have been by those dealers that have the "one Price on the windshields, those cars three weeks later are still there.

Before I forget, the dealer that sold me the car actually made a $500. profit. Fair enough I figure.

Gotta love the Car biness!!!!! LOL.

Guest Guestss

finally one who gets it. I know no one twists your arm, but many of us aren't savvy where this maddening pricing goes on, and easily taken.

that is my point.

finally one who gets it. I know no one twists your arm, but many of us aren't savvy where this maddening pricing goes on, and easily taken.

that is my point.

Then before anyone buys a car get advice from web sources, ex car sales pros etc.. We can help you

"lets make a deal game". You will win!!!!

The dealer is entitled to a fair profit etc. Not anti dealer at all. They are entitled for their work as well.

All I am saying is play fair!!!!

I haven't a clue when they get down figuring and talking and I know not what I get in the long run. If one of you can honestly say you know the deal you got was the best and better than how it actually came out for the salesman, I dont' think I would hear from anyone.

I don't think guys would admit anyway.

I haven't a clue when they get down figuring and talking and I know not what I get in the long run. If one of you can honestly say you know the deal you got was the best and better than how it actually came out for the salesman, I dont' think I would hear from anyone.

I don't think guys would admit anyway.

I can play their game and win everytime... Don't let them do the figures, you do the math.

Guest Guest

Car dealers get alot of people who have bad credit scores and cant buy. The salesman does not want to waste his time with a customer who cant buy and therefore waste his/her time. Can you blame them? They are trying to feed their family just as you are.

Car dealers get alot of people who have bad credit scores and cant buy. The salesman does not want to waste his time with a customer who cant buy and therefore waste his/her time. Can you blame them? They are trying to feed their family just as you are.

We pay cash when we buy, so our credit score doesn't matter. Because of that, we buy from the person who treats us the best. Because I am a female, I get the "you're to stupid to understand cars and money" attitude many times. I'm the very first to admit I do not know everything, but both myself and my husband will pay more to get me treated right. Last time I bought a vehicle, I walked out of two dealerships because of poor attitude. I bought from a dealer who took two minutes to answer questions even when he felt they were "stupid", questions carefully asked that I knew the answers to prior to asking. This applies to everything we buy, not just cars....customer service is the number one thing in our house, if they can't supply it then we go where we can get it.

We pay cash when we buy, so our credit score doesn't matter. Because of that, we buy from the person who treats us the best. Because I am a female, I get the "you're to stupid to understand cars and money" attitude many times. I'm the very first to admit I do not know everything, but both myself and my husband will pay more to get me treated right. Last time I bought a vehicle, I walked out of two dealerships because of poor attitude. I bought from a dealer who took two minutes to answer questions even when he felt they were "stupid", questions carefully asked that I knew the answers to prior to asking. This applies to everything we buy, not just cars....customer service is the number one thing in our house, if they can't supply it then we go where we can get it.

Your story is so true. I wish car jockeys got the message that the deciding factor in buying a car is more so the Female. I took my wife out to buy her car. It was her car, her money her choice. I told this at least a dozen times to the sales person and he kept talking to me never addressing her. Was she pissed off? You betcha. I won't name the dealer but she went out of town and bought a 2007

vette, female sales person got the message real quick from me and she helped my wife make the choice. Do feel your pain!!!!

It isn't only car dealers who are guilty though. A few months ago, I needed a new laptop. Wanted one without alot of bells and whistles, I do alot of the background work on forums, so I did not need alot on the computer as I download or install what I need to work with. I asked my oldest son to go along and even though we told them it was MY computer and what I needed, they still talked directly to my son! I'd ask a question, they would either ignore me totally or answer to him, lol. I wound up paying 200 bucks more for the computer at another store as the salesman treated me with respect, answered my questions and wasn't put off by dealing with a female. Was worth the extra money and he will get my business next year when I need to upgrade again.

I wound up with a compact, and yep, vista installed! I am finding it isn't that bad with the exception I am having trouble finding compatable software. My son has vista and has XP installed so he can switch back and forth as he wants/needs to.

I uninstalled alot of the bells and whistles that was on this one, lol. Vista takes up to much hard drive space but by uninstalling most of the things, I gained a ton of space.

Archived