Get Ready Binghamton Crime wave is right around the Corner

Guest City Taxpayer

Guest Guest
I am so disgusted by people who speak negatively of our police force.

How about a man storms into your house with a knife, who you gonna call?! Exactly.

The likelyhood of that happening is just about nil unless you are involed in drug dealings, get real. Anyway by the time 'the force' responded you would be toast.

@

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

You know what people, It's like this. I was mugged back in the end of October... 5-6 blocks from my apartment. I was chased down by 3 assailants, beaten, pistol whipped, robbed and left to die 3 blocks from my place. I don't even remember how I got home, just that I woke my downstairs neighbor for help. The damn cops showed up, told me "I WAS OVER-REACTING" and then dropped me down my front stairs to boot. I was half unconscious for gods sake. One of them went to the scene and recovered my empty wallet that was NEVER dusted for prints, my cell phone that had GPS was never traced for a location. I mean seriously this is not CSI level attempts to remove these people from our streets. There are many reasons for this, not just any one reason... they are lazy, cowardly, over extended, bullies on power trips, or dirty. I learned today that a friends 2 kids were almost beaten to death downtown by like 8 people for no known reason.

The point here is this, "Yeah.. bad things happen, more so to good people. Will this problem ever go away... probably not entirely... it's human nature, sad to say." This is however a serious problem and we do need to stand up and do something about it... BUT DROP THE MOB MENTALITY!! Grabbing guns makes you no better then the low-lifes that do this stuff to begin with. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO... Is start thinking about the countless other people that have to ALSO live with the consequences of your decisions. Decisions when you go to the voting booths, when you are driving your cars, when your mean to other people whether they deserve it or not. Basically step out of your private little worlds and start working together for a change. This town is chock full of selfish people and that is where the change has to begin. Once we can start working together the next thing that has to happen is that jails and prisions not so fun to be in. We are WAY to soft on criminals that mug little old ladies for crack money but we punish the hell out of people and ruin their lives because their Blood Alcohol Content is 0.09. Tell me where the is the sense in that?? Cops patrol the streets for parking violations and driving infractions because WE TELL THEM TOO do so. I know of people that commited violent acts just so they can go back to jail... it's better living in jail for them. We give them student funding, let them vote, CABLE TV, computers.... If you break the law in a violent way you should loose ALL your American Rights for the term of your sentance. That doesn't mean CIVIL RIGHTS though... Nurishing food, water, not being brutalized by others, and the clincher... the big one REHABILITION. Then I gaurentee that most of us would not have to worry so much if we forget to lock our doors at night and can walk safely through our streets at night. Who's with me???

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm. The original post is dated February 3, 2009. So? Did the crime wave hit? I don't live there anymore so I don't know if it has or not; the last time I went through the city it looked as if the politicians have done enough stealing of their own.

Guest guest21
What do you suggest they do?

you know the cops are not helping the community when you drive by two cop cars chatting at the Wendys parking lot in Bing and then drive a few blocks over and you see the local gangs selling their cr*ck and d*pe on the street corners, particularly Edwards St ... which is what 3-4 blocks if that from Wendys? Why should Bing pay for cops that are too scared to take care of the problems anyways ... and the Gaurdian Angels movement is a joke, those poor guys are just going to end up getting shot or stabbed, the only thing those guys can do is get involved in the school to show the furture generations that society does not accept the gang DELETED and they are the ones that can change Bing cause the people already in the gang stuff are never going to change

Guest city slicker
The cops in Bingo don't do anything anyway, go ahead and get rid of them.

your wrong, this is urban warfare, bing cops are trained old school, loook and wait an see, if cops can be seen the problem may go away. WRONG. They need to be trained to remove the problem. I f the mayor wasnt so worried about the war overseas maybe he could see this war in front of this city.

@

You know what people, It's like this. I was mugged back in the end of October... 5-6 blocks from my apartment. I was chased down by 3 assailants, beaten, pistol whipped, robbed and left to die 3 blocks from my place. I don't even remember how I got home, just that I woke my downstairs neighbor for help. The damn cops showed up, told me "I WAS OVER-REACTING" and then dropped me down my front stairs to boot. I was half unconscious for gods sake. One of them went to the scene and recovered my empty wallet that was NEVER dusted for prints, my cell phone that had GPS was never traced for a location. I mean seriously this is not CSI level attempts to remove these people from our streets. There are many reasons for this, not just any one reason... they are lazy, cowardly, over extended, bullies on power trips, or dirty. I learned today that a friends 2 kids were almost beaten to death downtown by like 8 people for no known reason.
My neighbor came to Binghamton for the day over the weekend and got the beatdown by 3 thugs. He said he was walking down the street and approached by 3 men and was thereafter knocked unconscious for a minute and the whole thing was over when he awoke. He said he could only assume they were after his pocket money but he only had a few dollars on him. He's got 2 swollen and black eyes and the muggers got nothing from him.

Guest citizen
Our J-A Mayor Ryan is going to cut of 14 to 18 Police officers. This is what our idiot Mayor is going to subject taxpayers too!

Our City is under seige and this moron wants to cut our police protection!

More Crime cometh............. is this guy for real?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see the Press finally woke up and wrote about our GANG problems!

Tony Massar brought out the issue of Gangs in Binghamton and he was ignored! Why?

BCV reported of GANG Activity in Binghamton, JC, and Endicott long before the local news. Major news stories were reported here on the Voice and never even mentioned by our local news. Even when it was it was days, or weeks later.

@

• 1 month later...
Guest sam berkowitz

And believe me thiers no gang prob in binghamton you must never seen reall gangs before. its just dumb teenage kids making dumb actions

The Bloods, The Crips, The Latin Kings coming to a neighborhood near you who are you trying to kid?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chuckdee1951

<!--quoteo(post=295272:date=Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM:name=guest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guest @ Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295272"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If the criminals aren't afraid to attack police officers, then what do you think they will do to a regular citizen? You are the clueless idiot, I hope they shoot you dummy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

crime is nothing new...you think since we're losing about a dozen cops crime is gonna go through the roof. stop being a scared fool. i hope you die in a drunk driving accident on your birthday

Guest chuckdee1951

<!--quoteo(post=295272:date=Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM:name=guest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guest @ Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295272"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If the criminals aren't afraid to attack police officers, then what do you think they will do to a regular citizen? You are the clueless idiot, I hope they shoot you dummy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

crime is nothing new...you think since we're losing about a dozen cops crime is gonna go through the roof. stop being a scared fool. i hope you die in a drunk driving accident on your birthday

I see the Press finally woke up and wrote about our GANG problems!

Tony Massar brought out the issue of Gangs in Binghamton and he was ignored! Why?

BCV reported of GANG Activity in Binghamton, JC, and Endicott long before the local news. Major news stories were reported here on the Voice and never even mentioned by our local news. Even when it was it was days, or weeks later.

@

"BCV reported".... are you saying you believe the rubbish posted here? OMG As for TM being ignored, that's most likely because he babbles incessantly, after a few minutes no one listens.

anyone who thinks there isnt gangs in Binghamton, try wearing all blue or all red in the ghetto and see if anyone approaches you. its not a problem like some of you make it up to be...but there are gangs here

Guest 1FakeNameRUHappyNow?

The crime wave is in fact around the corner. And this is who's surfing it.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9336/gmanstache.jpg

Well two years after the original "henny penny" post here we go again. Somethimes things are self fulfilling, is that what you are hoping for? Are you really that desperate to "be right" ? Apparently your glass is perpetually half empty. Sad.

Guest Ricky J

Seriously, cops in Bing are a joke. The problem ia that lawyers helped give criminals too many rights. If you commit a crime, you lose your rights. Let's make that an amendment. Meaning no tv and social hour in prisons, no sex visits from wives or gf's and food that would make your dog cringe. And put them to work cleaning this dump of a city. The cops have their hands tied, that's the real issue, they don't want to lose their pension trying to run down a gun who stole your grandma's purse cause if the suspect gets hurt and sues then the city is screwed and he's on suspension. It's a vicious circle

Guest visitor

<!--quoteo(post=294738:date=Feb 4 2009, 05:49 PM:name=Guest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 4 2009, 05:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294738"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you city people stood up to him, you wouldnt have this problem.. Instead, you support him by writing on here, and not doing anything out there... Take a stand for once in your life...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You tell em Wally! LMAO

• 3 weeks later...

Violent Crime Totals

Bucci - 1999 - 103

Bucci - 2000 - 118

Bucci - 2001 - 129

Bucci - 2002 -125

Bucci - 2003 - 105

Bucci - 2004 - 98

Bucci/Butler - 2005 - 116

Ryan/Tronovitch - 2006 - 143

Ryan/Zikuski - 2007 - 147

Ryan/Zikuski - 2008 - 192

Ryan/Zikuski - 2009 - 159

Ryan's first year was 2006.

Look at the numbers. Four-year average of Ryan compared to four-year average before Ryan there is a 44% increase.

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average =319.2)

Bucci 1999 329.7 3%+

Bucci 2000 307.7 -3%

Bucci 2001 335.8 5%+

Bucci 2002 352.1 10%+

Bucci 2003 302.9 -5%

Bucci 2004 299.9 -2%

Bucci 2005 309.7 -2%

Ryan 2006 353.4 11%+

Ryan 2007 354.8 11%+

Ryan 2008 401.6 26%+

Ryan 2009 390.7 22%+

Do you see a trend?????

Again, can we make it any clearer??? With Bucci's seven years, four years were BELOW the national crime average and only three years were above it by 3% to a maximum of 10%.

However when we look at Matthew T. Ryan's four years in office all four were ABOVE the national crime average and all those four years were above 10% higher. In fact the crime rate in the City of Binghamton was 26% over the national average in 2008 and 22% over it in 2009. That is more than double, almost triple Bucci's worse year and about ten times worse than Bucci's best year. Ryan never had a good year!!!! Under Ryan the City of Binghamton has NEVER been below the national crime average. NEVER.

Any and every way you look at it Ryan is far worse at protecting Binghamton than Bucci was.

How can anybody say the City of Binghamton is safe when it is 22% to 26% over the national crime average?

I'm pretty sure that's when the BPA failed to sign a contract. Wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Violent Crime Totals

Bucci - 1999 - 103

Bucci - 2000 - 118

Bucci - 2001 - 129

Bucci - 2002 -125

Bucci - 2003 - 105

Bucci - 2004 - 98

Bucci/Butler - 2005 - 116

Ryan/Tronovitch - 2006 - 143

Ryan/Zikuski - 2007 - 147

Ryan/Zikuski - 2008 - 192

Ryan/Zikuski - 2009 - 159

Ryan's first year was 2006.

Look at the numbers. Four-year average of Ryan compared to four-year average before Ryan there is a 44% increase.

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average =319.2)

Bucci 1999 329.7 3%+

Bucci 2000 307.7 -3%

Bucci 2001 335.8 5%+

Bucci 2002 352.1 10%+

Bucci 2003 302.9 -5%

Bucci 2004 299.9 -2%

Bucci 2005 309.7 -2%

Ryan 2006 353.4 11%+

Ryan 2007 354.8 11%+

Ryan 2008 401.6 26%+

Ryan 2009 390.7 22%+

Do you see a trend?????

Again, can we make it any clearer??? With Bucci's seven years, four years were BELOW the national crime average and only three years were above it by 3% to a maximum of 10%.

However when we look at Matthew T. Ryan's four years in office all four were ABOVE the national crime average and all those four years were above 10% higher. In fact the crime rate in the City of Binghamton was 26% over the national average in 2008 and 22% over it in 2009. That is more than double, almost triple Bucci's worse year and about ten times worse than Bucci's best year. Ryan never had a good year!!!! Under Ryan the City of Binghamton has NEVER been below the national crime average. NEVER.

Any and every way you look at it Ryan is far worse at protecting Binghamton than Bucci was.

How can anybody say the City of Binghamton is safe when it is 22% to 26% over the national crime average?

Archived