olive garden best italian food in bc

Guest pasta

Guest Guest
we have no good italian food in binghamton so i votr olive garden the best

Have you ever even beento Broome County? There are only a few types of restaurants here: Italian, Italian, Italian, Chinese, Diners and oh yeah!, Italian. Oaks Inn, Aeillo's, Little Venice...does ANY of this ring a bell? We have almost as many Italian restaurants as we do mini-marts, drugstores and white trash. Try leaving your house once in a while. You might me pleasantly suprised that there is a world out there. If you do plan on staying in...try reading a book...you know? Stimulate your mind...(good luck with that...)

Guest Guest

There really isn't any "true" Italian restaurants around here. Just because one serves lasagna doesn't make them Italian. Sorry but Cortese is not Italian food ! Go to Italy or just watch Food Network to learn about real Italian cuisine.

Funny how the OP mentions that there are no good Italian places around here, then when you post some up they say they aren't REAL Italian.... Just about EVERY Italian restaurant in the area has direct ties to family recipes directly from Italy.. how much more authentic Italian do you want? I have been to many Italian places out of town and out of state, and can tell you we have some of the best right here. Name a good Italian place in Syracuse or Scrantan, or... you name the town....

Just went to Joey's brick oven pizza on Oak Hill Ave in Endicott (Little Italy) the other night for the 1st time... For what appeared to be just a little Deli/Pizza joint the food they had was incredible, and all home made REAL Italian. They had more option on the menu than any chain Italian place I've ever been to. Plus their pizza is very good, and all cooked in a 1100 degree wood fired brick oven...

If you don't like the Italian cuisine in the area, go back to eating at McDonaolds and Burger King.

As for Tony's I have only been there once after they built the new place, and I didn't like the experience, nothing to do with the family problems. I liked his placein Owego the best (great view of the river) too bad it closed. Tony and his family are FROM Italy and spend a lot of time back there. His brother Nick is the owner of Nicks, and again, how can you get more authentic... and real Italian food? Obviously the OP has never been to Italy... BTW I am half Italian myself, and gew up with a very Italian family that made a lot of their own home-made Italian stuff, including making our own egg noodles and sauce.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonya

I also have to agree with Nick's. I use to go only to Tony's and not Nick's for the longest time. I decided to try Nick's one day and I was surprised to find that there food is different. I love Nick's now. If I got out for Italian thats where I would pick. The prices are very good for the amount of food you get. I do like Olive Garden to I just think they are a little pricey. You shouldn't have to pay 12.00 for pasta. I think everyone has a place that they would prefer to go that we don't always agree with..

@

Guest Guest

I liked the old tony's in the Kmart plaza.. The menu was more simple, the atmosphere was boring but there was something about that place. Prices were less expensive too..

@

• 2 weeks later...

The Olive Garden is just a regular fast food restaurant with a nicer looking sit down area. The food resembles something that you could buy out of any old box. For quality food you should try the Number 5 restaurant on Washington Street in Binghamton. The menu offers a variety of great food, including seafood, the best cuts of meat, and pasta and they just updated their wine list. We should be helping out the local businesses before the Olive Gardens of the world take Broome County over!

@

Guest Guest
we have no good italian food in binghamton so i votr olive garden the best

Oaks Inn, on Oak Hill Ave in Endicott is the best in the area! You have to make a reservation, what's that tell you, the food is tasty! :rolleyes:

@

I miss Pronto's. The location was great, and the food wasn't bad.

Living in Endicott, I must say that Mama Guiseppas is terrific. The portions are huge, and the food is delicious. This is my favorite restaurant.

Nick's has great lasagna and pasta. Their pizza is my favorite.

Tony's went downhill after the new management came in, and we haven't been back since. Has anything changed? I recall reading that the new management was gone, and Tony was in control again. The nice thing about their K-Mart plaza location was afterwards, you could walk next door to Pat Mitchell's and get ice cream!

Joey's isn't bad. I need to get back there again.

I didn't care for Cortese. Their pizza tasted like something wasn't quite right.

Little Venice has good food, and the pizza is fairly decent.

There's a restaurant on Court Street (Michaelangelos?) that has awesome pizza.

And over in Sayre is the Original Italian Grille, which has terrific food in an old Lehigh Valley freight station.

@

Archived