Pro war Catholics

Guest Left the Church after Iraq

Guest Left the Church after Iraq

So you are a Catholic and you support the War on terror. Were you aware that the Pope does not support this war.

Are you familiar with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Christ probably would not be too keen on the whole idea either.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
So you are a Catholic and you support the War on terror. Were you aware that the Pope does not support this war.

Are you familiar with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Christ probably would not be too keen on the whole idea either.

Where have you been! These people are hypocrites!!! They proclaim they are 100% behind Right To Life - No exceptions, No one they say has the right to take a life: BUT they are all for the Death Penalty!!!! (Except for the Pope - I think he is against the death penalty).

Also former Pope John Paul II pleaded with GW BUSHPILOT not to invade Iraq.

Guest Guest

Turning the other cheek will never work so long as the person who hit you sees nothing wrong with cutting off your head. Put another way: Pacificism is Evolution's dead end!

Guest Guest

Imagine in the parable if the Good Samaritan came along a bit earlier while the robbers were still beating the man near to death. Would the parable read that the Samaritan hid himself and waited for the robbers to finish their work and left before giving aid? Didn't Jesus himself say that no greater love has a man than if he will lay down his life to protect his friends?

Guest Guest
Just remember, a "peace activist" is always on the side of America's enemies. Always.

Gandhi

Albert Einstein

Joan Baez

Dennis Kucinich

Harry Belafonte

Martin l. King Jr

JC

Bono

John Lennon

Guest Guest
Gandhi

Albert Einstein

Joan Baez

Dennis Kucinich

Harry Belafonte

Martin l. King Jr

JC

Bono

John Lennon

For the most part, this list supports the stated opinion.

Keep in mind that Gandhi advised the Jews of Europe to quit whining and take their punishment. Why Gandi has been given so much moral authority over the years escapes me.

Baez, Belafonte, Lennon, and in his last years, King all supported the North Vietnamese in their invasion of the South. They certainly were NOT in favor of the Communists being pacifists. Albert Einstein conveniently left Germany/Austria before the Nazis could stop him. Kucinich? Is this the guy who claimed to have been visited by flying saucers? Get real.

JC? Don't be so sure. (Render unto Caesar........)

Bono? Who cares?

So you are a Catholic and you support the War on terror.

Yep.

Were you aware that the Pope does not support this war.

Wrong. He doesn't support the IRAQ War because it was PRE-EMPTIVE, not the entire war on terror. That is the ONLY reason. Of course every single person has forgotten about Saddam's 21 UN violations he has committed previously that could have led to war itself, justly. :blink:

Christ has NO PROBLEMS with self defense at all. You need to study scripture more. Jesus did not come to be a peace nick. :blink:

Where have you been! These people are hypocrites!!!

I certainly am not.

They proclaim they are 100% behind Right To Life -

Yep, even including myself. I certainly have a right to life and to defend myself against an aggressor.

Catechism:

2263 The legitimate defense of persons and societies is not an exception to the prohibition against the murder of the innocent that constitutes intentional killing. "The act of self-defense can have a double effect: the preservation of one's own life; and the killing of the aggressor. . . . The one is intended, the other is not."65

2264 Love toward oneself remains a fundamental principle of morality. Therefore it is legitimate to insist on respect for one's own right to life. Someone who defends his life is not guilty of murder even if he is forced to deal his aggressor a lethal blow:

If a man in self-defense uses more than necessary violence, it will be unlawful: whereas if he repels force with moderation, his defense will be lawful. . . . Nor is it necessary for salvation that a man omit the act of moderate self-defense to avoid killing the other man, since one is bound to take more care of one's own life than of another's.66

No exceptions,

Who told you that? :blink::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

No one they say has the right to take a life:

AN INNOCENT life. Killing an innocent person is murder.

BUT they are all for the Death Penalty!!!!

(Except for the Pope - I think he is against the death penalty).

Nope. We have PRISONS. If we didn't have prisons to keep killers behind bars, the death penalty would certainly be correct:

Catechism:

2267 Assuming that the guilty party's identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty, if this is the only possible way of effectively defending human lives against the unjust aggressor.

If, however, non-lethal means are sufficient to defend and protect people's safety from the aggressor, authority will limit itself to such means, as these are more in keeping with the concrete conditions of the common good and more in conformity to the dignity of the human person.

Today, in fact, as a consequence of the possibilities which the state has for effectively preventing crime, by rendering one who has committed an offense incapable of doing harm - without definitely taking away from him the possibility of redeeming himself - the cases in which the execution of the offender is an absolute necessity "are very rare, if not practically nonexistent."68

Also former Pope John Paul II pleaded with GW BUSHPILOT not to invade Iraq.

Only because it was pre-emptive. That is the ONLY reason.

Hypocrites? Forget about it.

Guest Guest

Quote AFC:

Christ has NO PROBLEMS with self defense at all. You need to study scripture more. Jesus did not come to be a peace nick.

Something we agree on - NEED TO STUDY SCRIPTURE MORE!!! Hallellujah!!

Quote AFC:

Christ has NO PROBLEMS with self defense at all. You need to study scripture more. Jesus did not come to be a peace nick.

Something we agree on - NEED TO STUDY SCRIPTURE MORE!!! Hallellujah!!

If people studied scripture more, they wouldn't make ridiculous comments about Jesus on this board. Jesus didn't come to start a flower peace camp. :blink:

Guest Guest
If people studied scripture more, they wouldn't make ridiculous comments about Jesus on this board. Jesus didn't come to start a flower peace camp. :blink:

Correct. According to catholics, he came to tell people to stop enjoying sex and to make sure to make everyone else around them miserable.

Correct. According to catholics, he came to tell people to stop enjoying sex and to make sure to make everyone else around them miserable.

Sex outside of a valid marriage between a man and a woman is FORNICATION. He certainly was against this. Using artificial contraceptives slams the door in Christ's face in terms of His gift of life. :lol:

Guest Guest

Talking about Catholics:

I know some people who went on vacation to Rome and attended some soccer games. When a player was injured and some were semingly quite serious - like sprained ankles, injured knees, etc... People would run onto the field and sprinkle Holy Water on their injuries and miracuously these injured athelets would recover!!! The people on vacation could not believe their eyes and wonder if this was for real?

Guest Guest
Sex outside of a valid marriage between a man and a woman is FORNICATION. He certainly was against this. Using artificial contraceptives slams the door in Christ's face in terms of His gift of life. :lol:

And for some reason, AFC feels the urge to laugh at his own response. Ooops -- I forgot. Idiots tend to laugh hysterically at everything -- even their own words. He shouldn't worry though -- the rest of us sane people are laughing at what AFC is saying also. Of course, the difference is we know why we are laughing and also, we are not drooling or soiling our pants!

And for some reason, AFC feels the urge to laugh at his own response. Ooops -- I forgot. Idiots tend to laugh hysterically at everything -- even their own words. He shouldn't worry though -- the rest of us sane people are laughing at what AFC is saying also. Of course, the difference is we know why we are laughing and also, we are not drooling or soiling our pants!

For one thing, I was laughing at the poster!! Apparently, it didn't know what it was talking about. I had to laugh at it. You sane? Don't think so.

I'm not drooling, soiling my pants, or doing anything that you have a habit of doing. Change your diapers.

Guest Guest
For one thing, I was laughing at the poster!! Apparently, it didn't know what it was talking about. I had to laugh at it. You sane? Don't think so.

I'm not drooling, soiling my pants, or doing anything that you have a habit of doing. Change your diapers.

Why is AFC suddenly talking like Tarzan? "You sane?"

Also, when laughing at someone else, it is usually is best to laugh immediately after the person's post and PRIOR to going into the usual rambling, feeble logic. But I guess it doesn't matter -- either way AFC comes off as a bumbling idiot. Might as well let the simple-minded laugh, drool, and crap his pants if it makes him happy.

Guest Guest
Talking about Catholics:

I know some people who went on vacation to Rome and attended some soccer games. When a player was injured and some were semingly quite serious - like sprained ankles, injured knees, etc... People would run onto the field and sprinkle Holy Water on their injuries and miracuously these injured athelets would recover!!! The people on vacation could not believe their eyes and wonder if this was for real?

That was holy urine. Normally, they just whip their "things" out and pee on the person directly.

Archived