Obama and his faith change?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

This is what he has been learning for 20 years and now because he and his minister have been called on it we are to believe that this is what he believes in his heart today.

Just another empty politician that will say and do what is needed to gain power.

“Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System, written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by the late Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

1. Commitment to God

2. Commitment to the Black Community

3. Commitment to the Black Family

4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education

5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence

7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect

8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness”

9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community

10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions

11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System

12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.”

Todays version.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION.

A congregation preaching SALVATION.

A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.

A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.

A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.

A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.

A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.

A congregation committed to LIBERATION.

A congregation committed to RESTORATION.

A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I think what most disturbed me about the Wright recordings is the screams of approval I hear from the crowd in the background. It’s one thing for a single man to scream stupidity, but the congregation clearly and enthusiastically agrees with him. And Barak Obama and his wife were part of that crowd. Were they shouting and clapping in enthusiasm? I have no proof of that—but neither is there proof that they stood up and walked out in outrage either.

Guest Guest
I think what most disturbed me about the Wright recordings is the screams of approval I hear from the crowd in the background. It’s one thing for a single man to scream stupidity, but the congregation clearly and enthusiastically agrees with him. And Barak Obama and his wife were part of that crowd. Were they shouting and clapping in enthusiasm? I have no proof of that—but neither is there proof that they stood up and walked out in outrage either.

why should they?

did the entire republican party distance themselves from say a strom thurman or a trent lott when they stood for many years and denounced blacks. No! they were leaders in the republican party for many years and no one attributed the stance they took and their ideas as beloning to the republican party. The same thing can be said oF the democrats. Should every democrat quit the democratic party because of geraldin ferraro. She has been making dumb ass statements about her fellow dems for over 20 years. Does it mean that all dems think like her.

You people need to get a grip and stop the DOUBLE STANDARD.

Guest Guest

all glitz. Obama knows that liberals are shiny object people - he need not a coherent plan. they need buzz words.

but this thing with Obama’s pastor can’t get any better. the main defense’s are laughable, if not insulting to the intelligence.

either:

Obama’s not lying, and he’s never heard these statements before (unlikely). if i’m to suspend belief here, then he’s accusing the pastor of having multiple personalities and admitting himself to be a sucker.

or

Obama has heard these statements (likely) and either believes them OR tolerated them so he could maintain this church’s political support.

neither of those scenarios are flattering to Obama.

Guest Guest
why should they?

did the entire republican party distance themselves from say a strom thurman or a trent lott when they stood for many years and denounced blacks. No! they were leaders in the republican party for many years and no one attributed the stance they took and their ideas as beloning to the republican party. The same thing can be said oF the democrats. Should every democrat quit the democratic party because of geraldin ferraro. She has been making dumb ass statements about her fellow dems for over 20 years. Does it mean that all dems think like her.

You need to get a clue. Thurman and Lott never "denounced blacks." Document your point or don't bother making it.

Guest Guest

I am a white guy and I agree with everything he said.

Guest Guest
I am a white guy and I agree with everything he said.

I too am white and while I kind of understand the hypocrisy of why some are getting in a tizzy, I think Barack Obama is good for this country.

Barack Obama 08

Guest Guest
why should they?

So True. Check this article out. It will blow your mind.

Frank Schaeffer: Obama's Minister Committed "Treason" But When My Father Said the Same Thing He Was a Republican Hero

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaef...te_b_91774.html

Guest guest

I have to ask,what if either of the candidates that Obama is running against went to a church,or any other meeting place for 20 years, where the speakers consistently spoke of how the black culture and people were the ruination of the country and spoke of what white people should do to advance the white race. Do you think that would be a point that would be brought up as raciest by the press? Now do you think anyone would believe either of the white candidates if they said that they didn't notice the theme presented at those meeting for the 20 years they attended? No of course not,especially when the offending speaker was deemed to be one of their mentors and on their campaign team.No I think a white candidate that was part of that would be shunned by all. Not Obama though as this was part of his response "It reminds me: We've got a tragic history when it comes to race in this country. We've got a lot of pent-up anger and bitterness and misunderstanding. ... This country wants to move beyond these kinds of things." Would a white candidate get away with a response like that? No of course not.

Guest Guest
I have to ask,what if either of the candidates that Obama is running against went to a church,or any other meeting place for 20 years, where the speakers consistently spoke of how the black culture and people were the ruination of the country and spoke of what white people should do to advance the white race. Do you think that would be a point that would be brought up as raciest by the press? Now do you think anyone would believe either of the white candidates if they said that they didn't notice the theme presented at those meeting for the 20 years they attended? No of course not,especially when the offending speaker was deemed to be one of their mentors and on their campaign team.No I think a white candidate that was part of that would be shunned by all. Not Obama though as this was part of his response "It reminds me: We've got a tragic history when it comes to race in this country. We've got a lot of pent-up anger and bitterness and misunderstanding. ... This country wants to move beyond these kinds of things." Would a white candidate get away with a response like that? No of course not.

Are you kidding me?

They have been getting away with it since the inception of this country.

Which America do you live in?

And yes, we are trying to get past it, but we will not do that until we can face the TRUTH of what Jeremiah Wright is saying. And we will not get past it if we think Jeremiah Wright was preaching racism to feed the political fodder, as oppose to the truth.

Guest Guest
Are you kidding me?

And yes, we are trying to get past it, but we will not do that until we can face the TRUTH of what Jeremiah Wright is saying. And we will not get past it if we think Jeremiah Wright was preaching racism to feed the political fodder, as oppose to the truth.

If Wright is preaching the "truth", why is Obama distancing himself from his comments? Or is Obama a typical cynical politician who doesn't want to lose white votes? Which is it? Obama cannot have it both ways.

Guest Guest

While wrights comments are deplorable, and despicable, it does force us to consider something even greater than Obama's run for the presidency and that is the 8,000 members on trinity’s roll.

For a church to rise from 100 to 8,000 members listening to this trash makes me more concern for race relations than any faux noose incident could have done. The fact that these people when hearing this trash did not with one voice, stop it and demand that Wright leave speaks volumes about their character and witness of Jesus Christ in their lives. A person is judged by the company that they keep; if you have close friends that are openly racist, you associate with them and then you are ledgiteably (sp?) open to criticism for your beliefs and actions.

The God that I serve does not preach hatred of people, but love and justice without resorting to slurs. The “love your neighbor” concept seems to be missing from Trinity and have to wonder what Bible translation they are reading from.

And blacks wonder why the other ethnic groups are apprehensive about getting along with them. Until black ethnics start to fight for the equality for all (not just for their own)then-and only then will America become more racially tolerant. Ironically its the latinos, whites, asians, Native-Americans, fillopinos, conservative blacks and etc are the only ones doing this.

“Injustice anywhere, is injustice everywhere”-MLK

Guest Guest
I think what most disturbed me about the Wright recordings is the screams of approval I hear from the crowd in the background. It's one thing for a single man to scream stupidity, but the congregation clearly and enthusiastically agrees with him. And Barak Obama and his wife were part of that crowd. Were they shouting and clapping in enthusiasm? I have no proof of that—but neither is there proof that they stood up and walked out in outrage either.

I know people will criticize me for saying this, but the part I heard was something like: We were attacked on 911 because of our forigen policy and the things we do overseas, to other countries and peoples.

I have to say, that that is probably quite true. Now I dont think it is a good thing we got attacked, and I strongly supported going to afghansitan and blowing eveery las one of the DELETED up - but to say it (911) happened in a vacumn - for no reason is simply disingenuous.

Guest Guest

Well John McCain was on stage hugging a guy who endorsed him and the guy said that "the catholic church is the big whore" and that we should bomb Iran - simply to save israel, so that god can come and kill all the jews in order to save them.

DELETED!! I am a smuch not ok with that as I am not ok with obammas preacher said - except of course obamma denounced what his preacher said and mccain embraced what his said.

Guest guest
Are you kidding me?

Ok, lets say what you said is true. Is it ok then for a white preacher to say things like the black population is ruining this country? How about if one said that the black people are made up mostly of uneducated violent lawbreakers?

What if they said in a public forum that white people should come together against the black menace? Just a suggestion,take the list in the first post of this thread and change black to white at every mention and ask yourself "would that be acceptable for a white preacher"? After that ask what if the white members of congress formed a White caucus? What about if on a civil service test or college entrance a additional percentage was added if you were white? Would any of the above things be ok?

Guest Guest

And I can not understand why people are voting for him..doesn't make sense..We will be in big trouble if he wins..I have a feeling..not a good feeling about him.

Guest Guest
And I can not understand why people are voting for him..doesn't make sense..We will be in big trouble if he wins..I have a feeling..not a good feeling about him.

but you are ok with McCains preacher?

Guest Guest
Well John McCain was on stage hugging a guy who endorsed him and the guy said that "the catholic church is the big whore" and that we should bomb Iran - simply to save israel, so that god can come and kill all the jews in order to save them.

yikafuckingronies!! I am a smuch not ok with that as I am not ok with obammas preacher said - except of course obamma denounced what his preacher said and mccain embraced what his said.

Your attempt to make an equivalency between Obama/Wright and McCain/Hagee is laughable. You are certainly displaying your ignorance.

Wright married Obama. He has been described by Obama as his "spititual mentor". As a member of Wright's church, Obama has been in the pews listening to Wright for over twenty years. Plus Wright, until recently, has been a vital part of Obama's campaign staff. Hagee is simply a nut who has endorsed McCain. Hagee's rhetoric is tame and harmless compared to Wright's anti-white paranoia and bigotry. I thought Obama was supposed to rise above race and unify people of all colors. Come to find out, Obama is simply another Jesse Jackson clone.

Guest Guest

Until this, I had thought that if a dem were to win the presidency in 2008 I’d rather it be anyone but the Clintons. I’ve changed my mind. Obama sounds like a nightmare just waiting to happen. If after 20 years he wasn’t aware of Wright’s hatred toward the United States and “whitey”, how could he have the ability to understand world issues he may face as president? Although I’ve not seen it mentioned, I’m betting some of the angry black “leaders” (Sharpton, Jackson, etc) are just waiting for Obama to be elected so they can push for reparations and who knows what else. And any time Obama is opposed, screams of racism will arise.

Guest Guest
Your attempt to make an equivalency between Obama/Wright and McCain/Hagee is laughable. You are certainly displaying your ignorance.

Wright married Obama. He has been described by Obama as his "spititual mentor". As a member of Wright's church, Obama has been in the pews listening to Wright for over twenty years. Plus Wright, until recently, has been a vital part of Obama's campaign staff. Hagee is simply a nut who has endorsed McCain. Hagee's rhetoric is tame and harmless compared to Wright's anti-white paranoia and bigotry. I thought Obama was supposed to rise above race and unify people of all colors. Come to find out, Obama is simply another Jesse Jackson clone.

obamma repudiated what his minister said - mccain did not.

you really ok with that?

I am not ok with either one myself, but find it interesting you are ok with one and no tthe other.

Archived