binghamton cab's give me a brk

Guest Welcome Back Cotter

Guest Welcome Back Cotter

I find it ridicules that when being responsible and not drinking and driving a cab will not pick you up! I have run into this issue you a few times! I go out for a drink, have a little too much and call a cab no one shows up! Try to wave one down they will not let you in unless you are going to campus! Things need to change!

Guest Ask a Black Man
I find it ridicules that when being responsible and not drinking and driving a cab will not pick you up! I have run into this issue you a few times! I go out for a drink, have a little too much and call a cab no one shows up! Try to wave one down they will not let you in unless you are going to campus! Things need to change!

If you are black, don't expect the cabs to stop. Those racists deleted are stereotypical and think every black man will rob them. What a crock of deleted :angry:

Unfortunately your right. The way the drivers see it putting 5 or more students at $3 each is faster money, dont blame the drivers though. With a lease starting at $80 per shift plus $3+ for a gallon of gas the adverage driver has to run $130 worthof calls before he/she puts a single dime in his/her pocket. You could blame the owners but that has its own side. Full taxi insurance costs $5500-$8000 per car. And thats only the beginning. The City of Binghamton passed a resolution allowing them to charge each cab co $250 for a taxi business licence and $35 per car to have a city sticker so for a 20 car fleet (Yellow Cab Courtesy Cab) the city gets $1000 every year, not including any transfers or reinspections every 6 months that the City DPW does or the $500 fine for not having a permit. If DPW fails your car for a tail light out you fix it, bring it back and they charge you $35 again and if thats not enough the drivers are required to get a driver permit from the city at a cost of $20 per driver.

Johnson City did the same with a driver permit for $15 and a business licence for $100.They no longer have the driver permit because a bunch of us pointed out to JC that the law requires the village to supply a taxi stand for taxis only on a main thurofare and they didnt have one so they got rid of the driver permit but the owner has to have the $100 business licence. The Broome Airport gets $50 per car per month so a cab co with 10 Airport Ground Transportation permits pays the county $500 every month.

The average independent owner has to crack the $1000 per month per car mark before anything goes in pocket. Eight or ten years ago it was alot easier to do. Its not so easy any more so when the students are running the cabs pay little to no attention to anybody but them. We are pretty much jammed with having to make as much as we can while the students are here because when the arent (summer random breaks and jewish holidays) a 12 hour shift nets $30-$70.

So if your bucking for a change unless the powers that be back off of us theres not much change comming down the pike. An even better suggestion would be to get the powers to lean on the owners that caused this area to be the highest risk and back off of the ones that play by the rules. Start leaning on the ones that run passenger plates on their cars to get out of the higher rates and permits I cant tell you who is doing it but their initials are Just Sedans. Or the ones working with the cops to set up drug dealers while playing the other side of the coin buying and selling from the same dealers in their illegal cars. Watching him my a@#. So start there and maybe some of us can afford to pick up the people that live here year round and not the ones that are worth $30 a van load.

Guest Guest

Agreed. You need to stop drinking so much.

Guest Guest

What ever happened to the good old honest days? I remember when I rode in cabs and there were other students going to Binghamton U, the total fare was split amongst us. There was no charging every single person in the cab a separate fare.

What ever happened to the good old honest days? I remember when I rode in cabs and there were other students going to Binghamton U, the total fare was split amongst us. There was no charging every single person in the cab a separate fare.
The only way the fare would be split is if you were going to campus also. So for instance if you were in a cab with 3 students going to campus and your going to Dennys in vestal for example the students are charged $3 each and you pay $7.50

Guest Guest

Maybe you have bad luck or don't tip. I've been taking cabs Downtown for years and have never had a problem. When I take the cab down I spark up a friendly conversation, give the guy a tip and tell him to look for me when the bars close. That seems to work for me, and there's usually one or two just sitting on State street waiting toward the end of the night...I suggest just walking up and getting in, instead of trying to waive one down.

Guest Guest
i love to drink but i am not going to drive! so i guess my Punishment for over indulging in booze will be not finding a safe way home!

I can't speak to punishment, but I do know you need to get yourself to rehab.

Guest Guest
Unfortunately your right. The way the drivers see it putting 5 or more students at $3 each is faster money, dont blame the drivers though. With a lease starting at $80 per shift plus $3+ for a gallon of gas the adverage driver has to run $130 worthof calls before he/she puts a single dime in his/her pocket. You could blame the owners but that has its own side. Full taxi insurance costs $5500-$8000 per car. And thats only the beginning. The City of Binghamton passed a resolution allowing them to charge each cab co $250 for a taxi business licence and $35 per car to have a city sticker so for a 20 car fleet (Yellow Cab Courtesy Cab) the city gets $1000 every year, not including any transfers or reinspections every 6 months that the City DPW does or the $500 fine for not having a permit. If DPW fails your car for a tail light out you fix it, bring it back and they charge you $35 again and if thats not enough the drivers are required to get a driver permit from the city at a cost of $20 per driver.

Johnson City did the same with a driver permit for $15 and a business licence for $100.They no longer have the driver permit because a bunch of us pointed out to JC that the law requires the village to supply a taxi stand for taxis only on a main thurofare and they didnt have one so they got rid of the driver permit but the owner has to have the $100 business licence. The Broome Airport gets $50 per car per month so a cab co with 10 Airport Ground Transportation permits pays the county $500 every month.

The average independent owner has to crack the $1000 per month per car mark before anything goes in pocket. Eight or ten years ago it was alot easier to do. Its not so easy any more so when the students are running the cabs pay little to no attention to anybody but them. We are pretty much jammed with having to make as much as we can while the students are here because when the arent (summer random breaks and jewish holidays) a 12 hour shift nets $30-$70.

So if your bucking for a change unless the powers that be back off of us theres not much change comming down the pike. An even better suggestion would be to get the powers to lean on the owners that caused this area to be the highest risk and back off of the ones that play by the rules. Start leaning on the ones that run passenger plates on their cars to get out of the higher rates and permits I cant tell you who is doing it but their initials are Just Sedans. Or the ones working with the cops to set up drug dealers while playing the other side of the coin buying and selling from the same dealers in their illegal cars. Watching him my a@#. So start there and maybe some of us can afford to pick up the people that live here year round and not the ones that are worth $30 a van load.

i think i am going to start runing limos from the university to binghamton @ $5.00 per student.

i think i am going to start runing limos from the university to binghamton @ $5.00 per student.
Well good luck with that. My suggestion would be bring some plastic bags with ya because if you do actually get them at $5 youll have the ones that are gonna puke. Let me know how it works out for ya. ;)

Guest Guest
Well good luck with that. My suggestion would be bring some plastic bags with ya because if you do actually get them at $5 youll have the ones that are gonna puke. Let me know how it works out for ya. ;)

hey maybe you guys can install puke buckets for the drunks? one that drains to the street under the car? atleast you wont have to clean it up! just a thought! :)

Guest TAXIMAN
If you are black, don't expect the cabs to stop. Those racists deleted are stereotypical and think every black man will rob them. What a crock of deleted :angry:

Are you kidding. We not only give them rides they give us big bucks.

Guest LaKoonesia Jenkem

Based on the following 'gubberment' statistics the cab drivers are acting very wisely: More than 1,600 Whites are murdered by Blacks each year. Blacks murder Whites at 18 times the rate Whites murder Blacks. On a per-capita basis, blacks commit 50 times more violent crimes than Whites. Blacks commit 8 times more assaults than Whites. Blacks commit 9 times more rapes than Whites. Blacks commit 14 times more murders than Whites. Blacks commit 19 times more armed robberies. Black neighborhoods are 35 times more violent than White neighborhoods. There were 629,000 interracial attacks committed in 1985 (the last year the FBI "chose" to report this information). Some nine out of every ten were committed by Blacks against Whites. Black males (6% of the population) make up 46% of the nation's prison population.

Archived