Binghamton Police Car # 23

Guest Concerned Citizen

I would like to know why one of the Binghamton Police Department Vehicles with an Officer sitting behind the wheel sat 3/4's of the nite at the X-Mart on Court Street. This car did not move one inch from 2am on (I got out of work at 5:30 this morning and know for fact it was there).

It was Joined by Car # 12. they sat under the canopy on the west side of the station.

Is this what our tax dollars are paying for ? Are you telling me that these officers did not have anything else they could be doing. The Police Department is like 8 blocks from this X-Mart they were sitting and they could not go back to the station and do some following up on crimes or check out lead's ?

What a bunch of lazy arc's. It's raining and they don't want to get wet .....boo-hoo DO the job you wre paid for by tax dollars, not sit and read your book for 3/4's of the night on my dollar!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

So you were watching the Police car for three and a half hours? Who, talk about nothing to do. The Police cars were assigned to the high crime area and its paid by a grant. So now you want the Police to stay away so more crime can occur?

IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE POSTING, DON'T POST.

Guest Guest
So you were watching the Police car for three and a half hours? Who, talk about nothing to do. The Police cars were assigned to the high crime area and its paid by a grant. So now you want the Police to stay away so more crime can occur?

IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE POSTING, DON'T POST.

Talk about people who know nothing, what are you a cop?

And to the poster who stated they migh be on a stake out, LMAO you did not read the what I posted!!!!!

I drive up Court Street every morning about 6:00 - 6:30 (when i get out of work) and I see two cars sitting at the Video King about every other day chatting with each other. I at the same time, while they were sitting there, had people pass me doing better the 45 (because I admit I'm doing 40) and the speed limit is 30. They don't even bat a eyelash because they just sit there.

So your theory of STAKE OUT is BS. They came into my place of employement for coffee and reading material (and I ain't talking news papers here)

You can say what you want. The stores security camera's prove what was happening, and if you don't like the turth,

then your just another one of those people who go along to get along.

@

Guest BC Taxpayer
1. People like you should not complain about our police officers because they have to be able to speak effectively and write proper English, and its more than apparent that you must have missed your English classes(maybe even school) altogether. You have no idea what they have to go through to get to the point where they can even strap on a gun and PROTECT YOU AND OTHER TAXPAYERS.

2. They do not make near enough money to do what they do on a daily basis. People are rude and disrespectful to police officers, one look at the 6 o'clock news Tuesday was more than enough to see how they are so often mistreated. Parents do not set proper examples for their children in respect of police officers, I sure hope you did not ramble on to your children about what you think you saw, because your children will be just like you and have no respect for those in authority.

3. Ask any wife, husband, mother , father, brother, sister, son or daughter that has lost a loved one at the hands of a drug dealer, murderer or some other kind of criminal. ( Imagine their grief at never having that person in their midst again or to hug and love) All for what, maybe $40,000 dollars a year, if they are lucky when they first start. You ought to be ashamed of yourself because who are you going to call when you have been in an accident, or assaulted by someone or in need of their services. STOP complaining and mind your own business, you have no idea whatsoever what those two police officers were discussing.

4. If you want to make ends meet , try going back to school and getting a high school diploma and some further education. There are programs for people like you.

@

Actually most police departments around this area start their officers at 32,000. Then the pay increases every year for about 4 years until they reach top pay. Base salary for top pay grade is about 52,000 a year. Capt. Shaffer did make about 100,000 last year, but he also worked a ton of overtime. I believe a Captains base salary is about 65,000 or so. Can't say that he did as little as possible for that pay.

@

Yea must have been CAR # 12 finally woke up and drove over to shoot the breeze with CAR # 23 for the last couple hours of their shift.

I know I'll sleep better knowing the cops are sitting in their cars sleeping and not doing the job they are paid for.

And the other poster does have a point, it was raining last night and the cop was most likely just sitting there to keep dry. Forget about all the other work that could have been done.

I dont think they were doing anything wrong maybe writing reports. it is a bad neighborhood so its a good place for them to make a presence . I do think they should make a few trips through some neighborhoods just to look for anything suspicious.

Actually most police departments around this area start their officers at 32,000. Then the pay increases every year for about 4 years until they reach top pay. Base salary for top pay grade is about 52,000 a year. Capt. Shaffer did make about 100,000 last year, but he also worked a ton of overtime. I believe a Captains base salary is about 65,000 or so. Can't say that he did as little as possible for that pay.

@

you want to know what captain shaffer does ? yea me 2 knowbody know. but I know he takes city vehicles out of town on personal buisness and when he needs to do work for his buisness absolute security services he drives a unmarked city car a couple times I know about he went to scratton and sat in a store parking lot all night running the engine with city gas in it getting paid by his own company thats a fact jack.

@

Guest Manwhore
you want to know what captain shaffer does ? yea me 2 knowbody know. but I know he takes city vehicles out of town on personal buisness and when he needs to do work for his buisness absolute security services he drives a unmarked city car a couple times I know about he went to scratton and sat in a store parking lot all night running the engine with city gas in it getting paid by his own company thats a fact jack.

:)ss

Yeah so John you probably should've stayed in school. Nice spelling Einstein :blink:

Yeah so John you probably should've stayed in school. Nice spelling Einstein :blink:

wow I dont care how john spells wtf is captain shaffer doing with a city car anyhow. these chiefs assistans chiefs etc dont need a city owned vehicle to drive to and from work in even the mayors have one why? once in a while they use it to drive to a big crime scene and say yea thats 2 bad well guys mop it up.

@

wow I dont care how john spells wtf is captain shaffer doing with a city car anyhow. these chiefs assistans chiefs etc dont need a city owned vehicle to drive to and from work in even the mayors have one why? once in a while they use it to drive to a big crime scene and say yea thats 2 bad well guys mop it up.

@

I care how he spells because if you sound educated more people will listen to you. This guy ranks up their with the inbreds :huh:

Guest D@mn it
I care how he spells because if you sound educated more people will listen to you. This guy ranks up their with the inbreds :huh:

Great now this guy has me DELETED up my grammar (there).

Guest guest

OH MY GOD.

What a bunch of know-nothing IDIOTS!!

Shaffer has been retired for what? A YEAR now??? He isn't, and hasn't been, taking city vehicles anywhere.

Find something or someone CURRENT to lie about, you lifeless pieces of garbage!

@

I hope a city owned car wasnt used to go out of town ofn personal buisness. I have meet retired captain shaffer and he seems like a decent man furthermore I would like to say I agree with the previous poster all these chiefs, captains, sherriffs, directors of broome security, and their assistants not to mention the mayors and assistants county executive heads of other departments and I dont even want to mention all the department of social services cars but these people should sacrafice if they all would than it would add up to big savings but they are not so we should make them we are in charge its our tax dollars!!! right?

Archived