Binghamton Police Car # 23

Guest Concerned Citizen

Guest Concerned Citizen

I would like to know why one of the Binghamton Police Department Vehicles with an Officer sitting behind the wheel sat 3/4's of the nite at the X-Mart on Court Street. This car did not move one inch from 2am on (I got out of work at 5:30 this morning and know for fact it was there).

It was Joined by Car # 12. they sat under the canopy on the west side of the station.

Is this what our tax dollars are paying for ? Are you telling me that these officers did not have anything else they could be doing. The Police Department is like 8 blocks from this X-Mart they were sitting and they could not go back to the station and do some following up on crimes or check out lead's ?

What a bunch of lazy arc's. It's raining and they don't want to get wet .....boo-hoo DO the job you wre paid for by tax dollars, not sit and read your book for 3/4's of the night on my dollar!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Thats what are tax money pays for. I see cops setting all over shooting the BREEZE with one another...both of there cars setting by side each other. Like they don't have nothing better to do then to past there time and are tax money pays for there wages. It makes you sick because most of us has to work to make ends meet...if we are lucky to meet ends at all. What does the Capiton do isnt he surpose to be checking on his people that he has working for him ?

Guest Guest
Thats what are tax money pays for. I see cops setting all over shooting the sh*t with one another...both of there cars setting by side each other. Like they don't have nothing better to do then to past there time and are tax money pays for there wages. It makes you sick because most of us has to work to make ends meet...if we are lucky to meet ends at all. What does the Capiton do isnt he surpose to be checking on his people that he has working for him ?

Yeah, Im sure you are bustin your but every minute of the day at your job. Get a life man.

Thats what are tax money pays for. I see cops setting all over shooting the BREEZE with one another...both of there cars setting by side each other. Like they don't have nothing better to do then to past there time and are tax money pays for there wages. It makes you sick because most of us has to work to make ends meet...if we are lucky to meet ends at all. What does the Capiton do isnt he surpose to be checking on his people that he has working for him ?

A. Cops are not rich, they are civil servants who get together and discuss all you little people while they sip tea and laugh at people's grammar.

B. When you go to work to make ends meet do you carry a gun and put your life on the line for your community every day? Regardless of what you do or do not see, this is what they do. So if they want to "shoot the BREEZE" in between a homicide and sexual assault, maybe you should give a friendly wave and be on your way.

C. No I am not a police officer, I'm just not an idiot.

Guest Guest

Let me get this right....you're really concerned with the wasting of your tax dollars?

And, you have a problem with the police sitting in their patrol cars in the middle of the night in between every conceivable type of calls? Let me give you the real tax problem: at the same time they're "shooting the BREEZE" as you so eloquently put it, eight blocks away (your stated distance) at the Police Station/Government Plaza, the firemen are snug in their beds sleeping and getting overtime for it.....waiting for far fewer calls than their Police counter parts and getting more compensation for it.....plus a 4 year no-cut contract. Hey...you need to get some sleep yourself. You're clocking the wrong horses.

Guest guest only

Would you rather they be driving around wasting gas or waiting for a call to come in and respond? Are YOU sitting at work posting this nonsense? Get a life!

Guest Guest
I would like to know why one of the Binghamton Police Department Vehicles with an Officer sitting behind the wheel sat 3/4's of the nite at the X-Mart on Court Street. This car did not move one inch from 2am on (I got out of work at 5:30 this morning and know for fact it was there).

It was Joined by Car # 12. they sat under the canopy on the west side of the station.

Is this what our tax dollars are paying for ? Are you telling me that these officers did not have anything else they could be doing. The Police Department is like 8 blocks from this X-Mart they were sitting and they could not go back to the station and do some following up on crimes or check out lead's ?

What a bunch of lazy arc's. It's raining and they don't want to get wet .....boo-hoo DO the job you wre paid for by tax dollars, not sit and read your book for 3/4's of the night on my dollar!!!

The Xtra Mart on Court? Isn't that in the hub of drug activity? Maybe they were doing their job and watching dealers trying to build a case. Probably not but maybe.

Guest Guest
The Xtra Mart on Court? Isn't that in the hub of drug activity? Maybe they were doing their job and watching dealers trying to build a case. Probably not but maybe.

Yea I am sure there was a lot of "dralers" hanging out last night in the pouring rain. Okay -- if you say so....

Guest Guest
Yea I am sure there was a lot of "dralers" hanging out last night in the pouring rain. Okay -- if you say so....

I don't know that any "dralers" hang out there but I do know that my sister is an addict and we have found that if we sit in that lot she will eventually find her way to that extra mart. We've found that if we monitor her activity long enough she will make repeat visits to that particular store.

Guest Guest
I am sure at the same time there was a police car in the state street parking ramp with a certain officer sleeping in it also. This is what we pay Bing Police to do, sleep in our tax paid for police cars.

Yea must have been CAR # 12 finally woke up and drove over to shoot the breeze with CAR # 23 for the last couple hours of their shift.

I know I'll sleep better knowing the cops are sitting in their cars sleeping and not doing the job they are paid for.

And the other poster does have a point, it was raining last night and the cop was most likely just sitting there to keep dry. Forget about all the other work that could have been done.

Guest Guest

You should call the BPD and put in a formal complaint, especially if you know the car #. I would think you could remain anonymous.

Guest Become a cop then

If you think it's as easy as it looks, become a cop.

Guest Guest

People, not all cops are worthy of their postitions. The majority probably yes, but there a few out there that take things too far and don't work as well as they could. This car #23 might just be a bad apple in the bunch.

@

Guest copper

RS, what's the highest level of education you completed? Or, did you not even attend school? God bless you....

1) If the officers were at the police station following up on leads as suggested and a call came in needing police intervention, it would take them significantly longer to respond than if they were in their car and ready to be on the move at a moments notice.

2) How do you know they were just "shooting the breeze"? Did you get close enough to overhear the conversation? How do you know that the conversation was not related to their work?

3) State labor laws indicate that in an 8 hour shift you get 2-15 minute breaks plus a meal break. How do you know that a conversation taking place was not part of a break?

4) Is your conversation at work every day 100% work related every second of every day, and are you actively productive every second you are clocked in? Don't hold others to a standard unless you faithfully maintain it yourself.

I am not a police officer, but I respect the work they do and I do not have a problem with the work they do for my tax dollars.

@

Guest guest

1. People like you should not complain about our police officers because they have to be able to speak effectively and write proper English, and its more than apparent that you must have missed your English classes(maybe even school) altogether. You have no idea what they have to go through to get to the point where they can even strap on a gun and PROTECT YOU AND OTHER TAXPAYERS.

2. They do not make near enough money to do what they do on a daily basis. People are rude and disrespectful to police officers, one look at the 6 o'clock news Tuesday was more than enough to see how they are so often mistreated. Parents do not set proper examples for their children in respect of police officers, I sure hope you did not ramble on to your children about what you think you saw, because your children will be just like you and have no respect for those in authority.

3. Ask any wife, husband, mother , father, brother, sister, son or daughter that has lost a loved one at the hands of a drug dealer, murderer or some other kind of criminal. ( Imagine their grief at never having that person in their midst again or to hug and love) All for what, maybe $40,000 dollars a year, if they are lucky when they first start. You ought to be ashamed of yourself because who are you going to call when you have been in an accident, or assaulted by someone or in need of their services. STOP complaining and mind your own business, you have no idea whatsoever what those two police officers were discussing.

4. If you want to make ends meet , try going back to school and getting a high school diploma and some further education. There are programs for people like you.

@

Guest Friend not foe
1. People like you should not complain about our police officers because they have to be able to speak effectively and write proper English, and its more than apparent that you must have missed your English classes(maybe even school) altogether. You have no idea what they have to go through to get to the point where they can even strap on a gun and PROTECT YOU AND OTHER TAXPAYERS.

2. They do not make near enough money to do what they do on a daily basis. People are rude and disrespectful to police officers, one look at the 6 o'clock news Tuesday was more than enough to see how they are so often mistreated. Parents do not set proper examples for their children in respect of police officers, I sure hope you did not ramble on to your children about what you think you saw, because your children will be just like you and have no respect for those in authority.

3. Ask any wife, husband, mother , father, brother, sister, son or daughter that has lost a loved one at the hands of a drug dealer, murderer or some other kind of criminal. ( Imagine their grief at never having that person in their midst again or to hug and love) All for what, maybe $40,000 dollars a year, if they are lucky when they first start. You ought to be ashamed of yourself because who are you going to call when you have been in an accident, or assaulted by someone or in need of their services. STOP complaining and mind your own business, you have no idea whatsoever what those two police officers were discussing.

4. If you want to make ends meet , try going back to school and getting a high school diploma and some further education. There are programs for people like you.

@

Police officers make $60,000 and up a year. The highest paid cop in 2006 was Capt. Shaffer before he retired and he made $100,000 a year. He made more than the mayor. Police officers do put their lives on the line for us but they chose to do it.

Police work is like any other tax supported job. With no pressure to make a profit or outperform competitors, they will do the minimum to get that guaranteed tax money every week. I was at breakfast awhile ago and I heard one cop there (who was sitting around eating for a really long time on the taxpayer clock) saying that he had a bad hangover and was going to find a place to hide so he wouldn't have to stop anyone. Then they get their DELETED kissed by the public with no scrutiny for the subpar job they do.

Guest Sarcastic one
Police officers make $60,000 and up a year. The highest paid cop in 2006 was Capt. Shaffer before he retired and he made $100,000 a year. He made more than the mayor. Police officers do put their lives on the line for us but they chose to do it.

Trust me he deserves more than the mayor :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

i AM SURE THEY WERE PROBABLY ON A STAKE OUT..WISE UP..IDIOT

@

Archived