In contrast to war protesters...

cupkate

Guest Guest
This is pretty long, but it's a nice story and a fantastic idea.

Last week in Atlanta, Georgia in the airport, I heard several people behind

me beginning to clap and cheer.

Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camos. As they

began heading to their gate, everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to

their feet with their hands waving and cheering.

When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered

for, it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red-blooded American who

still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.

Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung

heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go

to school, work and home without fear or reprisal.

Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our

service men and women, a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old ran up

to one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said "hi."

The little girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for

her.

The young soldier, who didn't look any older than, maybe 22 himself, said he

would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the

little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she

could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter's name was

Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been

in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter

Courtney missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up.

When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of

the soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the other

servicemen pulled out a military-looking walkie-talkie. They started playing

with the device and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to

Courtney, bent down and said this to her, "I spoke to your daddy and he told

me to give this to you." He then hugged this little girl that he had just

met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying "your daddy told

me to tell you that he loves you more than anything in the world and he is

coming home very soon."

The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young

soldier stood to his feet, he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing

no more than 6 feet away from this entire event.

As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people

Resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, there

were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in one last act

of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear

rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and

thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it's good to

be an American.

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red

every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called

the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for

God, country and home in record breaking numbers.

We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing... We get no liberal media

coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions. Many Americans, like

you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority

of America supports our troops.

Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and

respect starts this Friday and continues each and every Friday until the

troops all come home, sending a deafening message that... Every red-blooded

American who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday

a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers.

If every one of us who loves this country will share this with

Acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long

Before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know

The once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever; certainly

More than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things

better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers.

Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear

something red every Friday.

So I guess you are one of those that feel you can not be against the war and still support the troops. interesting

Guest Guest
That's a pretty stupid statement. Those troops do their job because they want to, and they want all the support they can get. I know many people in the military and when I ask what I can do for them or what I can send them they say just think about us and let people know that we're proud to protect them.

You should remember that they're risking getting killed in order to keep YOU safe.

It doesn't really matter if the story isn't true, I know many guys that if put in that situation would do exactly the same thing.

There are a lot of supportive people out there, I know that when I go anywhere with a guy in his military uniform people always stop and say thank you and let them know that they're praying for them.

If you can't stand behind the troops; try standing infront of them.

Then how come the majority of people in the armed services are against the war?

Guest Guest

How's the hunt coming for Bin Laden? DELETED attacks us on our soil! Instead of concentrating on him we decide to take on a side project in Iraq because "we don't like the leader. He's a bad man." Did us American forget we were DELETED about 9/11? Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11. Saddam had no connection to 9/11.

I supported our mission in Afghanistan, but we have no direct mission in Iraq. Ask our men. They don't know what they're doing there. Playing world police. With that said we can't really pull out now. We're in too deep and terrorist, who weren't in Iraq before the war started, are forming there now.

Saying you support the troops and the war is keeping your head in the sand. I love my country, but I don't like when my county is jacked by some cowboy and his cronies for their gain. And by the way I'm a Republican who will never understand how Bush beat out McCain last primary. Can't stand Bush supporters. COuntry has gone to s%^% under his administration.

And I'm ranting tooo......

Guest Guest
Then how come the majority of people in the armed services are against the war?

HMMMMMM. Apparently, military personnel have a strange way of expressing their dissatisfaction:

According to Army statistics ... 70 percent of soldiers eligible to re-enlist in 2006 did so — a re-enlistment rate higher than before Sept. 11, 2001. For the past 10 years, the enlisted retention rates of the Army have exceeded 100 percent. As of last Nov. 13, Army re-enlistment was 137 percent of its stated goal.

Oops; darn facts keep getting in the way again. (Come on, admit it.......you guys just make this stuff up as you go.)

Guest Guest
How's the hunt coming for Bin Laden? DELETED attacks us on our soil! Instead of concentrating on him we decide to take on a side project in Iraq because "we don't like the leader. He's a bad man." Did us American forget we were DELETED about 9/11? Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11. Saddam had no connection to 9/11.

I supported our mission in Afghanistan, but we have no direct mission in Iraq. Ask our men. They don't know what they're doing there. Playing world police. With that said we can't really pull out now. We're in too deep and terrorist, who weren't in Iraq before the war started, are forming there now.

Saying you support the troops and the war is keeping your head in the sand. I love my country, but I don't like when my county is jacked by some cowboy and his cronies for their gain. And by the way I'm a Republican who will never understand how Bush beat out McCain last primary. Can't stand Bush supporters. COuntry has gone to s%^% under his administration.

And I'm ranting tooo......

George W. Bush will be recognized as the President who drew a line in the Iraqi sand and stopped the growth of Islamist terrorism in its tracks. The US military is today in many countries pushing back against this threat to civilization, as we were during the Cold War against the Communists. It is our role and fate to be the protectors of Western civilization against the forces of barbarism, fear, and regression, and it will be for a generation to come. Thanks to George W. Bush, and our forces overseas, we all sleep more soundly in our beds at night.

Guest Brick Tamland
George W. Bush will be recognized as the President who drew a line in the Iraqi sand and stopped the growth of Islamist terrorism in its tracks. The US military is today in many countries pushing back against this threat to civilization, as we were during the Cold War against the Communists. It is our role and fate to be the protectors of Western civilization against the forces of barbarism, fear, and regression, and it will be for a generation to come. Thanks to George W. Bush, and our forces overseas, we all sleep more soundly in our beds at night.

I respectfully disagree

To me, GWB will be remembered for 4 things

Disgracing every man and woman ever to serve in the military with his mastubatory photo op in the flight suit

Presiding over an administration where in 8 years the price of gasoline has QUADRUPLED

Presiding over an administration that has created the largest paritisan divide in this country in my lifetime, one where conservatives now (and by now I mean in the past 6 months of the primary season) have found fault with their own nominee, John McCain, because of his willingness to cross the aisle and work with Democrats on bills

Spending trillions of dollars destabalizing an entire region on a war waged on at best shakey pretenses in order to root out and eventually execute a man who, admittedly was a despot, yet had NEVER ATTACKED THE UNITED STATES, while we sit idly by and, nearly SEVEN years after the attacks of 9/11, are no closer to FINDING AND KILLING OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!!!!!!

I think Bush's failure to find the man responsible for 9/11 and bring him in "dead or alive" will be his legacy. In his eight years, he been the "war president" and the "decider", the man on which all of the success and failures of the administration's war must ultimately fall. Whether you support the man or don't, you must admit that if his administration ends with us no closer to capturng bin Laden than we were Sept 12th 2001, coupled with our crippled economy and diminished world standing the tenure of this man has been a disappointment

Guest Guest
If I were you, I would talk to my doctor about the medicine you were perscribed and have it changed or the dose reduced.

I disagree - I think the poster you commented about made alot of sense.

Guest Guest

But islamic terrorism was not in iraq - and probably never would be as saddam was on the other side of the coin of islamic terrorism. Saudi Arabia - Syria - Iran - pakistan - they are much better targets in order to stop islamic terrorism as these countries are teh source of it.

Guest Guest
HMMMMMM. Apparently, military personnel have a strange way of expressing their dissatisfaction:

According to Army statistics ... 70 percent of soldiers eligible to re-enlist in 2006 did so — a re-enlistment rate higher than before Sept. 11, 2001. For the past 10 years, the enlisted retention rates of the Army have exceeded 100 percent. As of last Nov. 13, Army re-enlistment was 137 percent of its stated goal.

Oops; darn facts keep getting in the way again. (Come on, admit it.......you guys just make this stuff up as you go.)

Nope - polls say they are against the war by almost the same percentages as the genral public. You must be one of those guys that says "I have six inches of snow in my backyard - that must mean global warming does not exist" or "I have a good job and just got a raise, do the economy is great" You see - the statistics you sited have nothing to do with actual polls taken of military personell about their feelings on the war and our presence in Iraq.

Guest Guest
I smell "ban"

I smell someone hopelessly wishing they were moderator- just because you post a lot doesnt give you any right to try to interpret the rules. Get a life and get your own website if you want to ban people.

Guest Guest
Nope - polls say they are against the war by almost the same percentages as the genral public. You must be one of those guys that says "I have six inches of snow in my backyard - that must mean global warming does not exist" or "I have a good job and just got a raise, do the economy is great" You see - the statistics you sited have nothing to do with actual polls taken of military personell about their feelings on the war and our presence in Iraq.

How about a link. I guess I'm supposed to simply take you word for it. Document your point, or don't bother making it.

Guest Guest
But islamic terrorism was not in iraq - and probably never would be as saddam was on the other side of the coin of islamic terrorism. Saudi Arabia - Syria - Iran - pakistan - they are much better targets in order to stop islamic terrorism as these countries are teh source of it.

When al Qaeda declared war on the US, Saddam did not like al Qaeda, but he hated the US more because of what we cost him during the 1st Gulf War. Saddam gave al Qaeda support and sanctuary as al Qaeda made plans to KILL us. Clinton’s administration was all over this fact.

Now, liberal revisionists, are using Saddam’s tactics against us. Liberal’s may not necessarily like Islam fascism, but they hate the Bush administration more, because of what Bush had cost them in 2000 and 2004.

Guest Guest
I respectfully disagree

Disgracing every man and woman ever to serve in the military with his mastubatory photo op in the flight suit

Presiding over an administration where in 8 years the price of gasoline has QUADRUPLED

Presiding over an administration that has created the largest paritisan divide in this country in my lifetime, one where conservatives now (and by now I mean in the past 6 months of the primary season) have found fault with their own nominee, John McCain, because of his willingness to cross the aisle and work with Democrats on bills

Spending trillions of dollars destabalizing an entire region on a war waged on at best shakey pretenses in order to root out and eventually execute a man who, admittedly was a despot, yet had NEVER ATTACKED THE UNITED STATES, while we sit idly by and, nearly SEVEN years after the attacks of 9/11, are no closer to FINDING AND KILLING OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!!!!!!

I think Bush's failure to find the man responsible for 9/11 and bring him in "dead or alive" will be his legacy. In his eight years, he been the "war president" and the "decider", the man on which all of the success and failures of the administration's war must ultimately fall. Whether you support the man or don't, you must admit that if his administration ends with us no closer to capturng bin Laden than we were Sept 12th 2001, coupled with our crippled economy and diminished world standing the tenure of this man has been a disappointment

The Left loves to whine, “So what about Osama?” I think he is already dead, but if he isn't, he is hiding out in a cave somewhere with little contact with his minions.

Still, the smokescreen of "where is Osama," being bantered by the left .

I imagine the left would not be satisified with his death either and would just find someone else to appoint as their mark for "yeah, but what about ...."

Guest Guest
I respectfully disagree

Wow. You parroted just about every imaginable DNC talking point! Congratulations. Now consider some reality. George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton left Iraq a festering sore on the Middle East that had to be treated. Moreover, the intelligence agencies of every Western country were convinced that Saddam was working on nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. John Loftus has said that the Libyan bomb program, using technology from North Korea via A. Q. Khan, was funded by Saddam, and maybe staffed with his scientists.

After September 11th, the prospect of Saddam sneaking an atomic bomb or other horrific weapon into the United States via a terrorist organization like Al Qaeda was too frightening to contemplate. The old 'legalist' State Department approach was to wait until disaster occurred, then react. President Bush, Vice-President Cheney, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld decided to take the bull by the horns and pre-empt such a possibility. They succeeded brilliantly: Saddam fell, and Libya's Khadafy quickly closed his nuclear-weapons program.

Al Qaeda rushed in to counterattack with a terrorist campaign, taking advantage of chaos on the ground in Iraq, the result of inadequate preparation for a long occupation. It has taken us five years to bring a semblance of order back to Iraq and drive most of the terrorists out, and we are not done yet. The Democrats pout and whine and wail about withdrawal, but we are not leaving. We cannot let Al Qaeda come back in, and we cannot let Iran have Iraq's oil. So as conflict diminishes, we will ink an agreement with Iraq that allows us to keep forces and bases in Iraq indefinitely, as a forward outpost in the Middle East, from which to counter Iran and exert a positive influence over the region. I would advise you to get your head out of Olberdunce's arse. Otherwise you will remain a Dem/Lib forever.

@

Guest Henry K

That left wing group the Pentagon ( must be satanist like, pentagram) said that al Qaeda and Saddam has nothing to do with each other, but don't let that interfere with your story.

Speaking of stories and John Loftus, how about his story concerning the Nazis and Bush fortune. You seem to put great store in his information.

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/new_wo...bush_nazis.html

Guest Brick Tamland
Wow. You parroted just about every imaginable DNC talking point! Congratulations. Now consider some reality. George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton left Iraq a festering sore on the Middle East that had to be treated. Moreover, the intelligence agencies of every Western country were convinced that Saddam was working on nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. John Loftus has said that the Libyan bomb program, using technology from North Korea via A. Q. Khan, was funded by Saddam, and maybe staffed with his scientists.

After September 11th, the prospect of Saddam sneaking an atomic bomb or other horrific weapon into the United States via a terrorist organization like Al Qaeda was too frightening to contemplate. The old 'legalist' State Department approach was to wait until disaster occurred, then react. President Bush, Vice-President Cheney, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld decided to take the bull by the horns and pre-empt such a possibility. They succeeded brilliantly: Saddam fell, and Libya's Khadafy quickly closed his nuclear-weapons program.

Al Qaeda rushed in to counterattack with a terrorist campaign, taking advantage of chaos on the ground in Iraq, the result of inadequate preparation for a long occupation. It has taken us five years to bring a semblance of order back to Iraq and drive most of the terrorists out, and we are not done yet. The Democrats pout and whine and wail about withdrawal, but we are not leaving. We cannot let Al Qaeda come back in, and we cannot let Iran have Iraq's oil. So as conflict diminishes, we will ink an agreement with Iraq that allows us to keep forces and bases in Iraq indefinitely, as a forward outpost in the Middle East, from which to counter Iran and exert a positive influence over the region. I would advise you to get your head out of Olberdunce's arse. Otherwise you will remain a Dem/Lib forever.

At what point did I mention Keith Olberman? And wouldn't it stand to reason that bin Laden was the more viable threat over Sadaam, considering, you know, he attacked us and killed thousands? I love that mentioning the fact that bin Laden is still at large DELETED off republicans. Why don't you feel the same way? Why are you complacent with the fact that he is still at large? Was Sadaam's head a substitute for his in your minds?

Guest Guest
How about a link. I guess I'm supposed to simply take you word for it. Document your point, or don't bother making it.

Well - the polls were reported on fox, cbs, nbc, cnn, msnbc, abc. do you ever watch any of those or just listen to rush?

@

Archived