42% increase in water rate

Ed Arzouian

Guest Guest
Who's the idiot??...Ed for speaking the truth ?.... Or some schmuck posting form city hall who's independently wealthy and doesn't care that their pocket is being picked every 2 seconds for BS???....My votes for the latter...

Yup, and I don't think they'll be able to call you Ed this time either. Amazing that these Ryan boot lickers would expect only Ed to have a problem with a 42% water rate increase. Do they think they'll be able to raise property taxes and fees like this because the voters will continue to be apathetic?

Guest Guest
Yup, and I don't think they'll be able to call you Ed this time either. Amazing that these Ryan boot lickers would expect only Ed to have a problem with a 42% water rate increase. Do they think they'll be able to raise property taxes and fees like this because the voters will continue to be apathetic?

Yes, they probaly do.

I hope you will prove them wrong.

@

Guest Tony BUMP

Now that Tarik Abdelazim has botched the contracts with Teamster, Civil Servants and Firefighters, locking this last group into a four-year,14% increase NOW Abdelazim plans to compare costs to other cities!

A 42% increase in water, that's about the same as Ryan's increase in violent crime.

that would "help the city become fiscally strong for the long term."

Guest Sengui

I heard some Bozo in a telephone interview on WNBF state that even with the increase, water in Binghamton is a great bargain. Sounds like someone is hissing down the taxpayers collar and calling it rain! :blink:

Guest Guest

Yeah right, great bargain!

Whenever they think they can justify their increases they cite references and examples.

When what we pay is way out of line, like the $13,000 000 PER YEAR for firefighting, or 15% increase in business taxes in two years or 42% rise in violent crime in 18 months they ignore them.

@

City of Binghamton Oxygen tax: Dear Citizen Smith: You have 4 residents living at your residence. 2 Adults and 2 children: The Binghamton Oxygen Tax is $50.00 per each Adult and $25.00 for Every Child under Age 16. The Oxygen Tax is due Quarterly. Therefore your Oxygen Tax is $150.00 a Quarter or $600.00 Per Year!

WHOA! Not so fast . . . I don't think you can do that without first "partnering" with some BU faculty for a study and then getting a favorable endorsement from the City's Sustainable Development Officer.

This administation will immediately approach Binghamton City Council to gain the approval of funds for the creation of a City Oxygen Director and two assistant coordinators. These positions will become active in July of 2008 as to allow our chosen candidates time to complete high school. The experience and knowledge they bring will be a valuable asset to our team.

You too! WHOA! Not so fast . . . I don't think you can do that without there first being a citizen commission to "partner for change" and "plan to make a plan". How could anyone dare to come up with this kind of proposal on their own without "community input"? And what's with the part about "time to complete high school"? That's never been a requirement! (Just ask Luke Day.)

Will Tarik's straw house have running water?

Bad news here, too. I've heard it said around town that Mr. Abdelazim backed out of his deal with the City due to some "drainage issues" at the Pennsylvania Avenue site. So, I guess it already had too much running water.

Guest Guest

Why can't I just get everything I want for free? If there must be a cost can't we just move money around and cut things I don't participate in so that I'm not inconvenienced? I'm all for free market solutions but don't think it should apply to things I have to pay for.

@

Guest Guest
Bad news here, too. I've heard it said around town that Mr. Abdelazim backed out of his deal with the City due to some "drainage issues" at the Pennsylvania Avenue site. So, I guess it already had too much running water.

@

Tarik, say it ain't so, first Nexus pulls out and then you?

Tarik, say it ain't so, first Nexus pulls out and then you?

Well, either it is so or Tarik took the deed in somebody else's name or else he has an unrecorded deed (so as to avoid getting tax bills in his name yet). See search result below from Broome County Clerk's Office showing no recorded deed in Tarik's name.

NoDeedForAbdelazim.pdf

Guest Guest
Well, either it is so or Tarik took the deed in somebody else's name or else he has an unrecorded deed (so as to avoid getting tax bills in his name yet). See search result below from Broome County Clerk's Office showing no recorded deed in Tarik's name.

You are correct. There is no property transfer.

It looks like Tarik's scheme is a house of straw.

Guest Guest
You are correct. There is no property transfer.

It looks like Tarik's scheme is a house of straw.

Once again....there was a "big announcement".....plenty of platitudes about how Tarik was going to led by example and show everyone that Binghamton was at the forefront of the "green" movement...we were going to show the world how Binghamton was leading the way in "sustainability"...remember that?

And once again...when all the lofty "plans" that were hyped during the "big announcement" never materialize....the silence is deafening.

@

Archived