Where to board a dog

Guest dogowner

Guest Guest
When you have to travel and the pooch can't come, where do you board him/her/them? Also, any places to avoid?

Vestal Vet hospital has boarding services there that are great! You can sign the dog up for walks and/or playtimes up to twice a day. You can also have them bathed before you pick them up, nails trimmed, ears cleaned, you name it! There are also some private sitters that do it out of their home, you can find a few listed in the phone book... I would just go check them out before you brought the dog and dropped it off. Good Luck!

Guest Guest
When you have to travel and the pooch can't come, where do you board him/her/them? Also, any places to avoid?

you dont have a friend or family member thats staying behind? Might be better to leave with the family if you can! It will be cheaper and you know the dog is in good hands! good luck!

Guest Guest

Stay and Play in Windsor 655-2644 This is an excellent place.

Guest Guest

I agree - Allen Veterinary is wonderful. I have boarded my Yorkshire Terrier there on numerous occasions and have never had a problem. The staff is great and love the animals that come in there. Dr. Loughlin is also my animals vet and he is great.

@

Guest Guest

The Front Street Dog Shetler boards-it is immaculate and they give your dog a bath before they go home! It is reasonsable too$

GOOD LUCK-IT'S GREAT PLA :rolleyes::rolleyes: CE!

Guest Solomon

It's been a few years but we always used the SPEAK animal shelter up on Knapp Road near the airport. The price was reasonable and Sandy and the other employees took great care of our dog. The place was always clean and each dog's cage also has access to an outside caged area, plus there was a vet on the premises if needed. I do remember that it was sometimes hard to board our dog there on short notice. They filled up quickly around big travel times (summer vacation and holidays).

Guest Guest

I would agree that Stay and Play is the best place around, the dogs have lots of room to play and move around and the owner absolutely loves dogs and is a sweetheart. Thats the only place I would take my dog.

Guest Guest

Front St. dog shelter is # 1. The girls there take care of your animal as if it were their own. Each pet has an indoor and outdoor run, the place is CLEAN, and they spend time with your pet. Yes, and your pooch does get a free bath at check out.

Guest Guest
Front St. dog shelter is # 1. The girls there take care of your animal as if it were their own. Each pet has an indoor and outdoor run, the place is CLEAN, and they spend time with your pet. Yes, and your pooch does get a free bath at check out.

They have drawbacks if you leave your dog there too long they might just give it away to another person...

Guest dog lover
They have drawbacks if you leave your dog there too long they might just give it away to another person...

counrty air kennels, also in wondsor...a girl named chrissie - she is awesome! the have indoor or outdorr kennels, or indoor/outdoor...kennels are heated...dogs get walked and get to play in a fenced in area...pond for swimming also - if you have a lab or something...

Guest Guest

Stay and Play is wonderful. We took our nine year old dog, who had never been kenneled before, there last fall. We were quite concerned about this being his first kennel experience since our adopting him at the age of two. Charlotte not only helped to ease our minds, but was very accomodating in drop-off and pick-up arrangements. Needless to say, the dog did well and we would take him back there again in a heartbeat.

Guest Guest
It's been a few years but we always used the SPEAK animal shelter up on Knapp Road near the airport. The price was reasonable and Sandy and the other employees took great care of our dog. The place was always clean and each dog's cage also has access to an outside caged area, plus there was a vet on the premises if needed. I do remember that it was sometimes hard to board our dog there on short notice. They filled up quickly around big travel times (summer vacation and holidays).

Unfortunately, SPEAK doesn't board pets anymore. :( I called them last year and was told they don't do boarding. It's to bad because they are great.

Sorry, OP I don't have any suggestions.

@

Guest Guest
Do you do house cleaning? what do you charge? I have four old dogs (no special needs)...a german shepherd and three pugs.

SIH you need one of those robots that vaccumes and washes the floors they even make them for cleaning pool and the gutters.

Archived