Mets Stadium Gets FREE Water And Sewer

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Million dollar MAINES is one of the owners. All these billion dollar deals andwe have to pay for his water. City Charter says : NO ONE gets free water. How about that Ryan? If you go to the stadium dont pee because you are flushing OUR taxes down the drain.

Guest Guesticle
Million dollar MAINES is one of the owners. All these billion dollar deals andwe have to pay for his water. City Charter says : NO ONE gets free water. How about that Ryan? If you go to the stadium dont pee because you are flushing OUR taxes down the drain.

Wow. I have never heard or read that before. How interesting and riveting.

Signed,

Director of repetitiveness director and a cast of dozens including Ed "I am not human I am a bot posting the same inane drivel 1000 times" JackAssourian, Connie Gault commercials, Scrappy the pug, Storm Tracker weather reports, and "There are no gangs in Binghamton".

Guest Free Water
Wow. I have never heard or read that before. How interesting and riveting.

Signed,

Director of repetitiveness director and a cast of dozens including Ed "I am not human I am a bot posting the same inane drivel 1000 times" JackAssourian, Connie Gault commercials, Scrappy the pug, Storm Tracker weather reports, and "There are no gangs in Binghamton".

Under Former Mayor Juanita Crabb the Mets Stadium was given FREE Bingahmton Water & Sewer at NO COSTS!! The Mets have it in writing!!! However contarcts are broken all the time!

I will google it and try to find it!

Guest Guest
I thought the city owned the stadium.

Yes: Looks like City of Binghamton Owns the Stadium. NYSEG has naming rights. Mets must have a sweetheart lease dating back to Crabb administration including no cost Water/Sewer!!!

@

So the city owns the stadium...the mets lease or rent it. And they don't pay the water bill. So this is no different than if I were to rent an office or apartment and the landlord pays the water bill and includes it in the rent payment. I am not sure what all the stink is about. does the state pay for the water that is used in the state office building? Does the federal Govt pay for the water in the federal court house or the post offices? does the county pay for the water or utilities in the county offices? it may be a reach of a comparison, but if that is the lease deal the mets signed then there is nothing that can be done until it comes up again.

Guest Guest

I don't know about free water, but I do know ever since it got renamed NYSEG stadium I decided that I will never go to another B-Mets game again. I will stick to my word!

Guest Free Water/Sewer
So the city owns the stadium...the mets lease or rent it. And they don't pay the water bill. So this is no different than if I were to rent an office or apartment and the landlord pays the water bill and includes it in the rent payment. I am not sure what all the stink is about. does the state pay for the water that is used in the state office building? Does the federal Govt pay for the water in the federal court house or the post offices? does the county pay for the water or utilities in the county offices? it may be a reach of a comparison, but if that is [b]the lease deal the mets signed then there is nothing that can be done until it comes up again.[/b]

The Mets lease might come up again... But the Free water/sewer part was made for eternity! But I understand there is a clause in the City of Bingahmton Charter that no one gets FREE water or sewer!!

The Mets lease might come up again... But the Free water/sewer part was made for eternity! But I understand there is a clause in the City of Bingahmton Charter that no one gets FREE water or sewer!!

nothing is made up for eternity. it is probably in the lease and may be negotiated the next time the lease comes up. no one should get free water or sewer, but if the former mayor authorized this contract, then it is binding. there is nothing that can be done until a new lease is negotiated.

Guest Guest
I don't know about free water, but I do know ever since it got renamed NYSEG stadium I decided that I will never go to another B-Mets game again. I will stick to my word!

What do you mean renamed? What was the stadium name before? I thought it was NYSEG Stadium since it was built in 1992.

Guest Guest
What do you mean renamed? What was the stadium name before? I thought it was NYSEG Stadium since it was built in 1992.

No it was just known as B-Mets stadium until around 2001 or so :blink:

Guest Guest

The stadium was known as simply Binghamton Municipal Stadium for its first nine years of existence, but in 2001, the naming rights were sold to the New York State Electric and Gas company, a division of Energy East.

Guest Guest
So the city owns the stadium...the mets lease or rent it. And they don't pay the water bill. So this is no different than if I were to rent an office or apartment and the landlord pays the water bill and includes it in the rent payment. I am not sure what all the stink is about. does the state pay for the water that is used in the state office building? Does the federal Govt pay for the water in the federal court house or the post offices? does the county pay for the water or utilities in the county offices? it may be a reach of a comparison, but if that is the lease deal the mets signed then there is nothing that can be done until it comes up again.

I rent an apartment and pay a water bill...If I can pay, so can the millionaire owners of the mets.

The issue has been raised repeatedly every time a new "deal" has been made with the Mets....and still we pay...and PAY...AND PAY (this time 42 percent more) while the millionaire owners of the mets pay NOTHING.

Guest Guest
The stadium was known as simply Binghamton Municipal Stadium for its first nine years of existence, but in 2001, the naming rights were sold to the New York State Electric and Gas company, a division of Energy East.

That is correct.

Guest Guest
just out of curiosity...how much does nyseg pay to have the naming rights? and does the money go to the city? also who maintains the stadium, is it the mets organization or is it the city? not starting trouble, just curious.

NYSEG I think paid an initial one million to have their name posted on the stadium. No one benefits from their bullcrap :angry:

@

Guest Guest
NYSEG I think paid an initial one million to have their name posted on the stadium. No one benefits from their bullcrap :angry:

@

if i remember correctly, it was $15,000. way far from a million.

Guest guest
that sounds much more like it. certainly no where near $1,000,000.

You both have poor memories. It was 1 million. Why in the world would of everyone been so upset about 30 thousand dollars?

@

Guest Guest
You both have poor memories. It was 1 million. Why in the world would of everyone been so upset about 30 thousand dollars?

@

you are absolutely wrong. and what is there to be upset about. plenty of corporations buy naming rights. the PEPSI arena in albany, for example.

Guest Guest
you are absolutely wrong. and what is there to be upset about. plenty of corporations buy naming rights. the PEPSI arena in albany, for example.

Oh that's right Pepsi charges us extra on our electric bill so they can do worthless crap like what NYSEG did.

@

Guest Guest

the city pf binghamton got a sweetheart deal on the stadium. Remember about the time the name changed, the state decided it would forgive a million dollars worth of loans. I don't think that any franchise who plays in a public stadium pays for utilities. I think that is all included in the lease. Why would the Bmets pay for water when the city probably has contract out concessions. I dont think people really pay attention or investigate. They just like to complain about how they are getting screwed. The cost of living goes up for city employees, the cost to maintain the system goes up (Seen the price of metal and building supplies?). This is the way things go, this is life. Try to conserve water.

Archived