Mets Stadium Gets FREE Water And Sewer

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Oh that's right Pepsi charges us extra on our electric bill so they can do worthless crap like what NYSEG did.

Though NYSEG's rates are heavily regulated, they still are caused by the market forces. It is the same as gasoline and gold.

@

Guest Guest
you are absolutely wrong. and what is there to be upset about. plenty of corporations buy naming rights. the PEPSI arena in albany, for example.

It is now the "Times Union Arena" which is the local paper. Oh and it is not like the city of binghamton didn't get that money. So NYSEG gave money back to the city, doesn't sound so bad. It is better than them keeping it or giving bonuses

Guest Free Water/Sewer
I rent an apartment and pay a water bill...If I can pay, so can the millionaire owners of the mets.

The issue has been raised repeatedly every time a new "deal" has been made with the Mets....and still we pay...and PAY...AND PAY (this time 42 percent more) while the millionaire owners of the mets pay NOTHING.

For some reason former Mayor Crabb gave the B-Mets FREE LIFETIME WATER & SEWER EVEN THOUGH THE CITIES CHARTER STATES THAT NO ONE GETS FREE WATER/SEWER AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT!!! (It was a sweetheart deal made by Mayor Crab and it is binding!!)

Guest expert
that sounds much more like it. certainly no where near $1,000,000.

I believe you are all incorrect, the baseball team owns the stadium, not the city.

@

Guest Tony BUMP
Million dollar MAINES is one of the owners. All these billion dollar deals andwe have to pay for his water. City Charter says : NO ONE gets free water. How about that Ryan? If you go to the stadium dont pee because you are flushing OUR taxes down the drain.

Sorry, "expert" and "guest-tbrutis1-*", the City still owns NYSEG Stadium. See attached document file at bottom of this post to view parcel info from County map system. (Too bad City doesn't "own" NYSEG, though -- the savings in electricity costs would more than offset the water increase).

As for the City Charter, obviously the City -- as owner of NYSEG Stadium -- is not a "consumer":

§ C-188.1. Establishing water rates.

The Superintendent of Water shall recommend rates to be charged for the use and supply of water, to be called water rents. The rates shall be approved by the Board of Estimate and Apportionment prior to implementation. The superintendent may recommend modifying, amending, increasing or diminishing such rates, but the rates shall be so fixed and kept that no consumer shall obtain water for less than cost, and that the aggregate amount collected therefrom shall, each year, at least equal the cost of all expenses.

So, in short, we get left holding the bag, not the water.

CityOwnsNYSEGstadium.pdf

Sorry, "expert" and "guest-tbrutis1-*", the City still owns NYSEG Stadium. See attached document file at bottom of this post to view parcel info from County map system. (Too bad City doesn't "own" NYSEG, though -- the savings in electricity costs would more than offset the water increase).

As for the City Charter, obviously the City -- as owner of NYSEG Stadium -- is not a "consumer":

So, in short, we get left holding the bag, not the water.

How do you look up stuff like that. What website because Ive tried to look up stuff on go bc.com and thats like going to the dentist

How do you look up stuff like that. What website . . .

Go to:

http://broomegis.co.broome.ny.us/website/gisweb/portal.htm

then click on "Unified Parcel Information System" shortcut link in upper left, and follow screens from there. (Once you get the hang of it, "it's a piece of cake!" [our tax dollars at work, FOR REAL!]). There are some "help" links along the way if you need them.

Good luck!

Go to:

then click on "Unified Parcel Information System" link in upper left, and follow screens from there. (Once you get the hang of it, "it's a piece of cake!" [our tax dollars at work, FOR REAL!]). There are some "help" links along the way if you need them.

Good luck!

Thanks verry much. Im looking for some funnny stuff to read.

I don't know about free water, but I do know ever since it got renamed NYSEG stadium I decided that I will never go to another B-Mets game again. I will stick to my word!

Whoooptiiblankendoo. Like anyone cares if you stick to your word. The name of the Stadium has NOTHING to do with the game of Baseball. Its a game. Remember what that is? You not going to a BMets game? You're missing a lot of fun, & I don't think anyone there will lose 5 minutes of sleep about it. Oh well. its your right, & definitely your loss.

Guest Guest-tbrutis1-*
I always refer to it as the TOM MILLER GREATER BINGHAMTON STADIUM.

@

What you drinking? Order me a case. Thats your problem besids over hallucinating. Whatever floats your boat.

@

Guest Tony BUMP
Go to:

then click on "Unified Parcel Information System" shortcut link in upper left, and follow screens from there. (Once you get the hang of it, "it's a piece of cake!" [our tax dollars at work, FOR REAL!]). There are some "help" links along the way if you need them.

Good luck!

@

Archived