Tarik’s “Equality and Social Justice”

Ed Arzouian

To: letters:)pressconnects.com, viewpoints:)pressconnects.com, dschneider:)pressconnects.com, cstovall:)pressconnects.com, froessne:)binghamt.gannett.com, catlin:)wbngtv.com, moss:)wbngtv.com, newstips:)news10now.com, jimehmke:)clearchannel.com, info:)news10now.com, comments:)news10now.com, fox40:)wicz.com, newsdirector:)wicz.com, lizahaines:)clearchannel.com, actionnews:)wbngtv.com

Cc: gmollen:)co.broome.ny.us,jbutler:)vestalny.com,police:)cityofbinghamton.com

Sent: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:22:50 +0000

Subject: Tarik’s “Equality and Social Justice”

To the Editor,

I wonder how the good folks at Citizen Action and their “constituents “ feel about their standard bearer, Tarik Abdelazim, Executive Assistant to Citizen Action/Working Families Party Mayor Matt Ryan, and Mr. Abdelazim’s latest idea of “Equality and Social Justice”?

It seems Mr. Abdelazim’s girlfriend, a 27-year old non-student, was arrested in the student anti-war protest last week on the Vestal Parkway.

Mr. Abdelazim known, prior to being appointed by Matt Ryan, as a main supporter of the blood-throwing St. Patrick’s Four, decided his girlfriend needed special, more lenient treatment than the rest of her fellow protesters. So Mr. Abdelazim apparently approached soon-to-retire Binghamton Police Chief Steven Tronovitch according to sources on BCVOICE and in the local news media and asked him if he, Tronovitch, could somehow intercede in this matter with the Vestal police force and do something, we’re not sure what, to extricate Tarik’s girlfriend from this legal mess.

So much for solidarity with the other schmucks arrested in the demonstration, Tarik Abdelazim was quickly ready to throw them by the wayside to get the girlfriend out.

We’re not sure what Abdelazim offered Chief Steven Tronovitch. Maybe he would try to convince his boss Ryan to finally sign a contract with his police force after two years? We are not sure Mr. Abdelazim's actions were illegal, though they might be. Perhaps the District Attorney should look into the matter. Was it obstruction? Was it tampering? Was it influence peddling or offering a bribe? Certainly the actions are hypocritical, improper and unethical, exactly what we have come to expect from Mr. Abdelazim and his boss Matt Ryan.

The good folks who support Citizen Action/Working Families Party and their politicians and expect them to look after their best interests might want to keep this in mind, it appears Mr. Abdelazim and Mr. Ryan are much more concerned about looking after the best interests of their friends. The rest of you that stand by them and their protests should be ready to be cast aside and thrown to the wolves.

You voted for them. I didn’t.

Sincerely,

Ed not allowed,

Greater Binghamton.

PS I don't have the name of the woman in question. If you could forward it to me it would save me the trouble of filing a freedom of information request. I noticed some names of those arrested were published but only the men. Was that sexist?

Guest Guest
To: letters:)pressconnects.com, viewpoints:)pressconnects.com, dschneider:)pressconnects.com, cstovall:)pressconnects.com, froessne:)binghamt.gannett.com, catlin:)wbngtv.com, moss:)wbngtv.com, newstips:)news10now.com, jimehmke:)clearchannel.com, info:)news10now.com, comments:)news10now.com, fox40:)wicz.com, newsdirector:)wicz.com, lizahaines:)clearchannel.com, actionnews:)wbngtv.com

Cc: gmollen:)co.broome.ny.us,jbutler:)vestalny.com,police:)cityofbinghamton.com

Sent: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:22:50 +0000

Subject: Tarik’s “Equality and Social Justice”

To the Editor,

I wonder how the good folks at Citizen Action and their “constituents “ feel about their standard bearer, Tarik Abdelazim, Executive Assistant to Citizen Action/Working Families Party Mayor Matt Ryan, and Mr. Abdelazim’s latest idea of “Equality and Social Justice”?

It seems Mr. Abdelazim’s girlfriend, a 27-year old non-student, was arrested in the student anti-war protest last week on the Vestal Parkway.

Mr. Abdelazim known, prior to being appointed by Matt Ryan, as a main supporter of the blood-throwing St. Patrick’s Four, decided his girlfriend needed special, more lenient treatment than the rest of her fellow protesters. So Mr. Abdelazim apparently approached soon-to-retire Binghamton Police Chief Steven Tronovitch according to sources on BCVOICE and in the local news media and asked him if he, Tronovitch, could somehow intercede in this matter with the Vestal police force and do something, we’re not sure what, to extricate Tarik’s girlfriend from this legal mess.

So much for solidarity with the other schmucks arrested in the demonstration, Tarik Abdelazim was quickly ready to throw them by the wayside to get the girlfriend out.

We’re not sure what Abdelazim offered Chief Steven Tronovitch. Maybe he would try to convince his boss Ryan to finally sign a contract with his police force after two years? We are not sure Mr. Abdelazim's actions were illegal, though they might be. Perhaps the District Attorney should look into the matter. Was it obstruction? Was it tampering? Was it influence peddling or offering a bribe? Certainly the actions are hypocritical, improper and unethical, exactly what we have come to expect from Mr. Abdelazim and his boss Matt Ryan.

The good folks who support Citizen Action/Working Families Party and their politicians and expect them to look after their best interests might want to keep this in mind, it appears Mr. Abdelazim and Mr. Ryan are much more concerned about looking after the best interests of their friends. The rest of you that stand by them and their protests should be ready to be cast aside and thrown to the wolves.

You voted for them. I didn’t.

Sincerely,

Ed not allowed,

Greater Binghamton.

PS I don't have the name of the woman in question. If you could forward it to me it would save me the trouble of filing a freedom of information request. I noticed some names of those arrested were published but only the men. Was that sexist?

The obsession continues.

You are mentally ill Ed - seek help.

Guest Guest

Should Tarik Abdelazim, Executive Assistant to Binghamton Mayor Matthew T. Ryan, resign rather than bring shame, disgrace and embarrassment to the Mayor's Office and the City of Binghamton?

Oh wait, it is not possible to bring more shame or disgrace to the Mayor's Office and embarrass the City of Binghamton more than Matthew T. Ryan already has...

Guest Guest

"Trump" has provided us with the name of the woman in question saving us a FOIL request:

Maria T. Starzman, 27, of Beethoven Street, Binghamton, charged with second-degree obstructing governmental administration.

Guest Guest
Should Tarik Abdelazim, Executive Assistant to Binghamton Mayor Matthew T. Ryan, resign rather than bring shame, disgrace and embarrassment to the Mayor's Office and the City of Binghamton?

Oh wait, it is not possible to bring more shame or disgrace to the Mayor's Office and embarrass the City of Binghamton more than Matthew T. Ryan already has...

I do believe you have the wrong girl, his GF is not that old.

Guest Guest
Yes, yes but did Tarik break the law?

Will investigations be conducted? Will heads roll? Will jobs be lost?? Will there be retribution???

Speaking of which - how is the recount coming? how is the investigation into voter fraud coming along?

@

nice try Edward

but you lost all credibility here:

"...according to sources on BCVOICE and in the local news media..."

Yer a riot!

Keep it up cause I need the humor

hey...

that reminds me...

remember when you contacted AmeriCorps

about my civil disobedience

what a 'ron Ed

as in moron

I heard she spanked you good

how come you haven't posted that response?

Y'know...

the one where you couldn't figure out how the calendar works

keep up the good work Edward

only 20 months to go

and then we'll publish all yer... ummm... 'valuable information'

and we'll sit back and have another chuckle

but i have to hand it to you

no matter how wrong you are

you'll stand behind it

and that's admirable

not just anyone can walk around with all that egg on their face

Guest Guest

Spanked me good?

She simply said you were no longer with the program.

I'll post it for you.

And yes, I had a conversation with a local news person who told me about your buddy Tarik trying to spring his girlfriend.

Here is your requested letter. I don't see any "spanking", only a clarification on datss.

Enjoy your stay in lock-up, Stevie, you should fit right in....

> Subject: RE: Is this that activity federal employees should engage in?>

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:54:21 -0500>

To: Ed not allowed; J.Morales:)cncsoig.gov; DMSmith:)cns.gov>

CC: national:)washpost.com>

> Mr. not allowed--> >

Thank you for forwarding this information.> Stephen Schweitzer's year as a member of the Binghamton Neighborhood> Assemblies VISTA Project ended on September 11, 2007. This letter is> dated November 9, 2007. It is my understanding that, as a US citizen,> Mr. Schweitzer if free to engage in whatever political activity he> chooses. > > Cheryl Hurd

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 8:39 AM

To: Hurd, Cheryl

Subject: RE: Is this that activity federal employees should engage in? OK. He just made that clear himself. How about those Neighorhood Assembly flyers that VISTA workers areinvovled in published as part of the newspaper arcticle that were sentout by a political candidate to serve as a rally for her? Could you comment on that?

Sent: November 13, 2007 2:25:55 PM

To: Ed not allowed

I'm not familiar with the flyers in question. (Not sure why she didn't remember since she and her supervisor and the Assistant NYS AG all got copies...)

@

Guest Guest

So how does Tarik Abdelazim explain trying to use "political clout" with equality and social justice"?

I'm curious to hear the hypocrite rant on this one.

@

So how does Tarik Abdelazim explain trying to use "political clout" with equality and social justice"?

I'm curious to hear the hypocrite rant on this one.

the hippo-crits

or just you Edward?

no sense in tangling with me

unless you want nonsense

which i can do

easily

you see...

there once was a man

who lived in a shoe

he had too much chutzpah

to know what to do

and i threw that out

not as a jew

but as someone who

knows language in all forms

arigato

auf wiedersehen

au revoir

and sainara too

@

Guest Guest

Yes, goodbye, Schweitzer.

It is pathetic that the last few hours you spend in the free world for awhile you choose to write jibberish on BCVOICE rather than getting laid like a normal individual.

Esperon que ca n'est pas un aurevoir mais plutot un adieu, petit con..........

Guest Guest
"Trump" has provided us with the name of the woman in question saving us a FOIL request:

Maria T. Starzman, 27, of Beethoven Street, Binghamton, charged with second-degree obstructing governmental administration.

Which one???

24555425b63fb6f543a57bb4f7c22d4c009578e08e06b9756b28e9c3273198e1c78920bc.jpg

Press & Sun-Bulletin photo 12

@

Guest Guest

Any comment from Citizen Action on this hypocrisy by their boy Tarik?

How do the other protesters feel about Maria Theresa Starzman trying to get special treatment through her boyfriend Tarik?

Where's that solidarity?

Guest Guest
Is it true there is no honor among thieves?

@

Well you are the one arrested for harrassment, drugs - illegal gun posession and stalking. You tell us.

Guest Guest
no stalking, other charges dropped....

We still have not heard how Tarik is justifying his special treatment.

What happenned to equality and social justice?

so is there honor among thieves? (and the sharges may or may not have been dropped, but that does not mean you did not do them. In fact - you dont say you did not do them)

Archived