Route 17 East closed for NYC Implant

Billy the Kid

TOWN OF WINDSOR -- Around 8:38 p.m., a state trooper subdued an unidentified man whose legs were dangling over a bridge on Route 17 east at Shedd Road. The man was seen stuggling with the trooper before the officer got control. The man was reportedly armed with a knife, which fell to the roadway during the tussle. Police said the man is believed to be a suspect in a killing earlier today or Friday in downstate.

The incident ended a 3 1/2 hour ordeal that closed Route 17 east at the Dunbar Road exit, west of the Village of Windsor, around 5 p.m. while police and other authorities handled the situation involving the man who reportedly threatened to commit suicide.

The man reportedly parked his vehicle on Shedd Road parked his vehicle on Shedd Road and climbed up onto the bridge, about one mile east of the Dunbar Road exit. A neighbor said he had seen the man hanging around the bridge since early afternoon. The neighbor said he thought the man was an inspector.

At 9 p.m., Route 17 east traffic was still being diverted onto old Route 17 around the incident. Route 17 east was closed around 5 p.m. A state DOT official said the road should be reopened by 10 p.m.

An unknown number of vehicles are still stuck on Route 17 east before the bridge.

Route 17 west is open.

I drove by there around 4:30 PM and saw the guy wearing all black sitting on the bridge guard rail looking down. I thought it was kind of weird but no cell service there.

Should have let the guy jump, now because it happened here we will be footing the bill for another NYC implant.

Guest Guest
I drove by there around 4:30 PM and saw the guy wearing all black sitting on the bridge guard rail looking down. I thought it was kind of weird but no cell service there.

Should have let the guy jump, now because it happened here we will be footing the bill for another NYC implant.

Ummm, if he committed a murder downstate, why would he be housed in this area?

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

If he committed a murder downstate, they'd send him back there...they might keep him here for a few day's, but they'd transport him back to NYC for whatever he did down there.

If he committed a murder downstate, they'd send him back there...they might keep him here for a few day's, but they'd transport him back to NYC for whatever he did down there.

Uh knock knock hello? As NYS taxpayers we'll pay to keep him housed and fed for years and years.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

Yeah, but on the other hand, if he had jumped, and the State Police didn't do anything to stop him, then his family would have sued, and we'd be paying for that lawsuit.

@

Guest Guest
Yeah, but on the other hand, if he had jumped, and the State Police didn't do anything to stop him, then his family would have sued, and we'd be paying for that lawsuit.

@

I think were all missing the point here. Had this guy jumped and landed feet first he probably would've survived. He would've bolted toward the woods and officers would've struggled to find him. We could've very easily had another Bucky Phillips case knowing this guy was both suicidal and a murder suspect.

Guest Dick Cheney

I would have shot him and then made HIM apologize for being in my way. Worked for me before.

By the way, this is MY kind of site. Let's just kill or pray for death of anyone we don't agree with or just think is worthless. Now THAT'S patriotism.

060524_cheney_vsmall8p.widec.jpg

Guest Guest
I would have shot him and then made HIM apologize for being in my way. Worked for me before.

By the way, this is MY kind of site. Let's just kill or pray for death of anyone we don't agree with or just think is worthless. Now THAT'S patriotism.

060524_cheney_vsmall8p.widec.jpg

Don't forget to charge him for the bullet and cleanup.....and tax his kids for a few generations for....well, whatever.

Give them a $400. check every 4 years so's they won't notice how you're spending their future taxes.

@

Archived