Acreage

The West Sider

With the shape that Binghamton is in (and what it has the potential to become), I have been looking at selling my current home and buying property to build on (preferably in the surrounding areas like Windsor, Conklin/Town of Binghamton, etc).

Looking at acreage, I have seen places from $2000 an acre to $10000 an acre. Yikes!

Any reason for the high costs?

TWS

Guest Guest
With the shape that Binghamton is in (and what it has the potential to become), I have been looking at selling my current home and buying property to build on (preferably in the surrounding areas like Windsor, Conklin/Town of Binghamton, etc).

Looking at acreage, I have seen places from $2000 an acre to $10000 an acre. Yikes!

TWS

Maybe from all the other people in the city who had the same idea? If you're looking for land try owego too.

Guest Less expensive Here

One reason is out of towners. I new a guy who retired in New Jersey. The taxes on his house in Princeton Junction was 3 to 4 times what they would be in this area! He thought the price of houses/land in this are dirt cheap as compared to where he was living. I know of a lot of people from New Jersey and Southern Pennsylvannia buying up land in Northern Pa and in our area.

Guest Guest

TWS

Inflation my friend, inflation.

@

Archived