All-Metro/Player of the Year Selections

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

What is why I "do not work at the Press and Sun"? Because I would have chosen different players?

I think people involved in high school basketball can disagree on the choices and make a good case for their picks, agreed?

Guest Old School

It's an "All Star" team, for goodness sakes. Personally, I'm OK with the selections that reflect successful players and coaches this year. Were other successful players and coaches left out? probably. Was anybody snubbed? probably not. Every selection on that team, and the coaches recognized, is justifiable. My personal opinion is that BHS's coach deserved Coach of the Year, and all three of the players on the team deserved "honorable mention", 'cause if you left one off, you'd have to leave all three off. That's the difficult part of recognizing success, and Mr. Stevens was forced to make some tough choices, as he does every year.

Guest Guest
When I read the selection, I thought it was a joke. Three players from Binghamton? You have got to be kidding me. Very poor selection this year. The kid from Windsor was maybe their third best player. I guess when it is Stevens selecting, what do you expect?
Why is that such a surprise??They're on an AA team and play more skilled teams than say Owego or CV,,, Won STAC'S and Sectionals and played a team in the regionals ranked 54th in the country! Who better to have 3 players?

Guest Guest
With 3 players on All Metro, she should win the title(s)...my question is how did they keep the other Big 4 player off?

Then I guess the same should be said of Springer.

@

Guest Old School

The best way to show how unfair the PS&B's selections were start tomorrow morning, culminating in a championship of STAC next February. Winning section IV would be an admirable goal as well. Achieving both in the same season would truly be something to be proud of, never mind going back to back on both. BHS players deserve the recognition, as does their coach.

@

Archived