How many believe in God?

Guest mulligan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I do not believe in any god..as there is no thing nor no proof..you can't show actual proof they exist. I believe religion it is need though to keep society under control.

oh there may not be any scientific evidence, but my prayers have been answered I can tell you that now. B)

Purgatory for one! There is no such place as Purgatory!

Oh yes there is....Let's bring up a few questions first.....

Does our unforgiven sin follow us after death or does it just disappear?

We know that a MORTAL sin results in soul death, which is damnation, if we die with it. In addition we have scripture that states:

"It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins."

- 2 Maccabees 12:46

"Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Mathew 12:32

We now know that sin can follow us. So if we do not die with a mortal sin and incur final damnation as a result, but die with a lesser, venial sin, what happens?

It is a FACT that no sin can enter heaven at all. PERIOD. In no way, shape, or form. Sin is evil and does not exist in heaven:

"27Nothing impure will ever enter it (heaven), nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."

Revelation 21:27

To sum it all up: If we are not damned by mortal sin when we die, but have venial sins, they MUST be PURGED (purgatory) before we can enter heaven because NOTHING impure (sin) can enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Purgatory does exist.

Guest How do you know?
"Faith without works is DEAD" per St. James.

Shut up what do you know? You ever take a trip to see GOD? No didn't think so, so shut up you retard :angry::angry::angry: You think you know everything, but you don't so shut up!!!!!!!

@

Shut up what do you know? You ever take a trip to see GOD? No didn't think so, so shut up you retard :angry::angry::angry: You think you know everything, but you don't so shut up!!!!!!!

1.) Take a pill. GOD came down to see us! :lol:

2.) James 2:14-17

14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

3.) Take your own advice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Guest

Believe what you like, it matters not. In the end you end up rotting in a box.

If the thought that your extra special essence seperates from your cells and neurons and ends up dancing in the clouds with your grandma makes your day more tollerable then great, more power to you.

Guest He's Back!
afc is back.....i was hoping he was dead.......

He was dead! He was killed by a crap eating dog! But he arose from the dead on Easter Sunday!

He is risen!

@

Guest mulligan
I do not believe in any god..as there is no thing nor no proof..you can't show actual proof they exist. I believe religion it is need though to keep society under control.

your right to a point. If there wasn't any type of religion the world would be in more choas than it is now. However, you don't need proof to believe there is a God. it's all about faith, and faith is real. How do you know love exists, or is real? It's the same thing as beliving in God.

Guest Guest
You have no idea what you are talking about.....

THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON WHY THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS WAR IN IRAQ: It was preemptive IF you ignore the 21 UN resolutions Iraq violated in the mid 90s. The UNIVERSAL CHURCH is not TOTALLY AGAINST the broader war on terror.

There is a such thing as a Just War Doctrine......War in self defense is CERTAINLY permitted by the Lord.

The Catholic Christian is the epitome of a CHRISTIAN BY DEFINITION in terms of doctrines and beliefs, everything else being equal.

@

We went to war originally because of Iraq's WMD's. Unfortunately, after we invaded, our own intelligence found that the supposed WMD's were destroyed in accordance with U.N. mandates after the first gulf war.

It was Saudi pilots, funded and masterminded by Osama Bin Laden who attacked the U.S. NOT Hussein or Iraq.

So this is not a war in self defense.

Oh and lest we forget, the commandment is Thou Shalt Not Kill not thou shalt not kill unless you are attacked.

@

Guest Just Lookin

I believe in God very much so. Without him I would be nothing. I am not catholic and do not believe that I have to be to worship God and have him in my heart.

Guest Guest

I do and I don't. I'd like to believe that there is SOMETHING but find it hard to believe. I do try to live a decent and honest life, just in case!

Honestly, I think when we die, it's kind of like sleeping except there are no dreams and you don't wake up.

Guest Hans Christian Anderson

Believers of fairy tales drinking the Kook-Aid that has contributed to more murder ("in the name of God") than anything else in history. Crusades, anyone?

@

Guest Guest
Plain and simple, there is no god.

You might as well post in swahili. The idea that there is no God is so unthinkable to a believer that they can't even begin to get their head around the idea. Actually, they don't want to get their head around it since even trying to hold the idea in one's consciousness for a moment might damn them to hell for all eternity. Losing one's faith opens a void so scary and intimidating for most people that they'll believe anything to avoid the pain including believing that you are actually the devil sent to test and betray them. For many the idea of a God is so fundamental to their being that it's loss is a betrayal worse than being assualted by a parent and greater than losing a spouse or a child. Imagine being told that you actually are a bit of xist tissue which lives in a glass sphere and that all you think is reality is a fictional experiment to keep you from bordom after your spacecraft crashed into a meteor. It's on that level for them.

You are to take the written Word of God spiritually and literally.

Substitute "government" for "God" and isn't this a theme we have heard many times?

Wrong. Body and soul went to heaven. This is a type of heresy that crept up in those days that the Catholic Church squashed. I can't remember exactly what the name of it was.

1. Where IS 'Heaven'? Ascension doctrine suggests that Jesus 'rose' to Heaven. As in 'upwards'. Where is 'Upwards'? We now know that the world is not flat, so 'upwards' can be anywhere except on Earth. What's out there ... the Sun and planets? Comets and Meteorites? Asteroids? Cosmic rays? Beams of Gamma Rays and Black Holes? And freezing vacuum?

How long would a physical human body endure out there before being utterly annihilated in many ways? What point would there be for Jesus to take his physical body aloft with him if that were the certain fate awaiting it? Heaven is a hostile place.

(Now, if 'Heaven' is not a Place but is instead a 'State of Being' ... then why go anywhere? That State Of Being can be experienced right wherever the body is).

2. How would an intact human body defy all the proven Laws Of Physics and 'rise'? Was it attached to a Hot Air Balloon? They didn't put in an appearance until centuries later. The same with rockets. The escape velocity from planet Earth is over 40,000 mph, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity so stupendous thrust would have been needed. Otherwise it would have fallen back to Earth ... assuming it didn't burn to a cinder rushing through the atmosphere. But the Ascension was witnessed (we are told) by others near at hand enough to visually identify the rising body as belonging to Jesus. Perhaps Earth's Force of Gravity was obligingly switched off for Jesus, but it must have been pretty selective, because it still held nearby spectators in place. Perhaps there was an invisible 'tunnel' devoid of Gravity from the ground to 'Heaven'?

The more we explore this alleged very selective suspension of the Laws of Physics the less plausible the Ascension as described becomes.

Yet we are to take the Bible "literally"?

The TOMB was empty.

Jesus Christ, after the RESURRECTION, visited His Apostles in both flesh and spirit for forty days and then was taken up. Christ and His Mother are the only beings in Heaven with physical bodies.

1. So if Heaven is a Physical place, where is it ... Outer Space? ... and where in it are the Physical bodies of Jesus and Mary? It's a pretty big place out there ... how do we find them?

2. If Heaven is not a physical place, then how can a physical body exist there? It's a contradiction of States Of Being.

He was all this plus much greater things...Like the Son of God.

Nevertheless, doesn't it seem a bit ostentatious of God to defy the Laws of Physics so spectacularly with regard to His son? Who was He trying to impress?

Wrong.

How do you know that?

The defense of choice by advocates of Scripture to the sort of questions I've raised above is to say something like:

"You don't understand Scripture. Your thinking is primitive. Simplistic. You're talking like an ignorant Peasant, taking everything literally!"

But aren't we asked to do that? Am I not doing that in the way I examine some of the alleged events?

Maybe Superstition is the Hallmark of ignorant Peasant thinking.

I guess I'm just not superstitious. <_<

@

Guest Guest
He was dead! He was killed by a crap eating dog! But he arose from the dead on Easter Sunday!

He is risen!

@

Good one! lmao AFC is a real trip, it's hilarious how passionate he is about this nonsense. There is no god, no proof whatsoever. Nuttin' but the "writings" of man. Doesn't 'prove' a thing. Let those who want to believe go for it. It's not for me.

@

Guest Guest
You might as well post in swahili. The idea that there is no God is so unthinkable to a believer that they can't even begin to get their head around the idea. Actually, they don't want to get their head around it since even trying to hold the idea in one's consciousness for a moment might damn them to hell for all eternity. Losing one's faith opens a void so scary and intimidating for most people that they'll believe anything to avoid the pain including believing that you are actually the devil sent to test and betray them. For many the idea of a God is so fundamental to their being that it's loss is a betrayal worse than being assualted by a parent and greater than losing a spouse or a child. Imagine being told that you actually are a bit of xist tissue which lives in a glass sphere and that all you think is reality is a fictional experiment to keep you from bordom after your spacecraft crashed into a meteor. It's on that level for them.

The idea that there is a god is unthinkable..there has been no proof ever of any power displayed by a person or "god". The sensaless faith to believe stories of a power in order to live your life is sorta sad. Religion makes you believe in anything as the stories are outlandish.

Guest Guest

My opinion is that at least 80% of scientists, engineers, mathematicians, computer scientists, philosophers, doctors, lawyers, and PhDs in any area of study, are all athiests.

That's a pretty impressive group in terms of brain power.

Archived