How many believe in God?

Guest mulligan

Guest mulligan

I do. I don;t necessarily believe EVERYTHING in the bible. Some things wern't supposed to be taken literally like jesus rising into heaven. his soul rose, but not his physical body. I believe Jesus was a great prophet, healer and teacher and was very special. I also believe that we all have the power and capabilities to be like Jesus. Thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do. I don;t necessarily believe EVERYTHING in the bible. Some things wern't supposed to be taken literally like jesus rising into heaven. his soul rose, but not his physical body. I believe Jesus was a great prophet, healer and teacher and was very special. I also believe that we all have the power and capabilities to be like Jesus. Thoughts?

I believe in God and Jesus. Don't really follow the bible at all though :blink: Don't go to church either :blink:

Guest Guest

Since 9/11 I don't discuss religion or GOD.

They stole my crucifix. Unconditional love should be just that but when I wear it around my neck people might think I am one of them.

They stole my flag. I took it off my car and my house, people might think I'm one of them.

My country has been hijacked.

I do.

So do I.

I don;t necessarily believe EVERYTHING in the bible.

You are to take the written Word of God spiritually and literally.

Some things wern't supposed to be taken literally like jesus rising into heaven.

The Ascension is part of fundamental Christianity.

his soul rose, but not his physical body.

Wrong. Body and soul went to heaven. This is a type of heresy that crept up in those days that the Catholic Church squashed. I can't remember exactly what the name of it was.

The TOMB was empty.

Jesus Christ, after the RESURRECTION, visited His Apostles in both flesh and spirit for forty days and then was taken up. Christ and His Mother are the only beings in Heaven with physical bodies.

I believe Jesus was a great prophet, healer and teacher and was very special.

He was all this plus much greater things...Like the Son of God.

I also believe that we all have the power and capabilities to be like Jesus. Thoughts?

Wrong.

Guest acention

I believe in God!

The Tomb was empty!

It was guarded by Roman Centurions under the penalty of death if they fell asleep while guarding!

The boulder and entarnce to the tomb had the Roman Seal!

The 2 Ton Boulder covering the entrance showed no sign of being rolled - it was picked up and placed 60 feet uphill!

Guest Guest
I believe in God!

The Tomb was empty!

It was guarded by Roman Centurions under the penalty of death if they fell asleep while guarding!

The boulder and entarnce to the tomb had the Roman Seal!

The 2 Ton Boulder covering the entrance showed no sign of being rolled - it was picked up and placed 60 feet uphill!

WTF lay off the crack

Guest Guest

I believe in a Spirit or Agent that must of created the Universe, but the rest is all MAN MADE. The Bible was man made as well as the whole idea of a man rising to heaven.

There are many other cultures which have similiar if not exact claims:

Horus, 3000bc, Egyptian god of sun or the son of god born 12/25 of a virgin, teacher of 12, performer of miracles was crucified and resurrected three days later.

Attis, Greece 1200bc, born of a virgin on 12/25 was crucified and rose three days later

Krishna, 900bc, Indian god, born 12/25 was crucified and resurrected.

Religion was meant as early man's way to come together as a group. 50,000 years ago we lived a very different life and up until 5000 years ago we survived as small communities working together to survive. When man moved to civilization and an alphabet religion took on a different meaning. What it is today is more like a virus that is attacking our previously superior intellect.

A clear example is how religion places man in the universe. Every animal and plant is placed on this earth to serve man. Since the times of Aristotle, man has felt he is above the world that surrounds him. Religion takes advantage of this and places the earth below man when in fact man must live with the earth and all that surrounds him if he is to continue another 50,000 years. Whether or not man has caused global warming to speed up or any effect at all, the fact is that the earth IS melting and life could be very different 50-100 years from now. Broome County will be the new Long Island and what we worry about today will seem pathetic and minuscule.

Guest Guest
I believe in a Spirit or Agent that must of created the Universe, but the rest is all MAN MADE. The Bible was man made as well as the whole idea of a man rising to heaven.

There are many other cultures which have similiar if not exact claims:

Horus, 3000bc, Egyptian god of sun or the son of god born 12/25 of a virgin, teacher of 12, performer of miracles was crucified and resurrected three days later.

Attis, Greece 1200bc, born of a virgin on 12/25 was crucified and rose three days later

Krishna, 900bc, Indian god, born 12/25 was crucified and resurrected.

Religion was meant as early man's way to come together as a group. 50,000 years ago we lived a very different life and up until 5000 years ago we survived as small communities working together to survive. When man moved to civilization and an alphabet religion took on a different meaning. What it is today is more like a virus that is attacking our previously superior intellect.

A clear example is how religion places man in the universe. Every animal and plant is placed on this earth to serve man. Since the times of Aristotle, man has felt he is above the world that surrounds him. Religion takes advantage of this and places the earth below man when in fact man must live with the earth and all that surrounds him if he is to continue another 50,000 years. Whether or not man has caused global warming to speed up or any effect at all, the fact is that the earth IS melting and life could be very different 50-100 years from now. Broome County will be the new Long Island and what we worry about today will seem pathetic and minuscule.

Wow, can you say Al Sharpton's drug supplier :blink:

Guest Guest

They stole my crucifix. Unconditional love should be just that but when I wear it around my neck people might think I am one of them.

They stole my flag. I took it off my car and my house, people might think I'm one of them.

Who are "them"

Guest Guest

blasphemy

So do I.

You are to take the written Word of God spiritually and literally.

The Ascension is part of fundamental Christianity.

Wrong. Body and soul went to heaven. This is a type of heresy that crept up in those days that the Catholic Church squashed. I can't remember exactly what the name of it was.

The TOMB was empty.

Jesus Christ, after the RESURRECTION, visited His Apostles in both flesh and spirit for forty days and then was taken up. Christ and His Mother are the only beings in Heaven with physical bodies.

He was all this plus much greater things...Like the Son of God.

Wrong.

HOGWASH!

I believe in God! How can you not believe when you look around and see everything and how everything all ties in to each other. The perfect balance and an unbelievable universe. Who or what do think made everything if not God. How do you think you even exist if not for God? Can't you see the little miracles of things in your everyday existense. Even a blade of grass, the trees, a baby growing inside of you. Think about it. Do not take it for granted.

Guest Guest

You may see your self as a Christian but if you support this war you are not following the teachings of Christ and are not a Christian by definition.

Guest mulligan
You may see your self as a Christian but if you support this war you are not following the teachings of Christ and are not a Christian by definition.

Not quite. There is a time for peace and a time for war. We need war first to get to peace. It's very simple if you think about it. We need to stop the wars within ourselves so the major wars will stop. Bush is christain so what does that make him.

Guest Guest

I do not believe in any god..as there is no thing nor no proof..you can't show actual proof they exist. I believe religion it is need though to keep society under control.

Count me in. I am a believer, I am faithful, I am Catholic.

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

"It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the Earth to the other; and because it teaches universally and completely one end and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly; and because it brings into subjection to godliness and the whole race of mankind, governors and governed, learned and unlearned; and because it universally treats and heals the whole class of sins, which are committed by soul and body, and possesses in itself every form of virtue which is named, both in deeds and words, and in every kind of spiritual gifts."

St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Catechetical Lectures," c. 350 A.D.)

It's very sad that many people have left the TRUE Church of Christ.... :(

You have no idea what you are talking about.....

THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON WHY THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS WAR IN IRAQ: It was preemptive IF you ignore the 21 UN resolutions Iraq violated in the mid 90s. The UNIVERSAL CHURCH is not TOTALLY AGAINST the broader war on terror.

There is a such thing as a Just War Doctrine......War in self defense is CERTAINLY permitted by the Lord.

The Catholic Christian is the epitome of a CHRISTIAN BY DEFINITION in terms of doctrines and beliefs, everything else being equal.

@

"It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the Earth to the other; ....."

St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Catechetical Lectures," c. 350 A.D.)

Back in St. Cyril's day he and folk he could preach to wouldn't have thought the Earth extended beyond the Mediterranean and nearby Europe. ^_^

If they were wrong about the geography, what else were they wrong about? ;)

Guest Truth
Back in St. Cyril's day he and folk he could preach to wouldn't have thought the Earth extended beyond the Mediterranean and nearby Europe. ^_^

If they were wrong about the geography, what else were they wrong about? ;)

Purgatory for one! There is no such place as Purgatory!

Archived