Where's some of the seniors at Binghamton going to school?

Guest cock-a-doodle doo

Guest cock-a-doodle doo

Just wondering... If you heard their parents talk(you know which ones I'm referring to), their all either going to a D-1 college or getting ready to go pro!!! To be honest with you all, I don't think they have any D-1 caliber including Stento who in a remarkable way latched on to a D-1 scholarship. Kind of far fetched like that kid that went to St. Bonnies!

Guest Guest
Just wondering... If you heard their parents talk(you know which ones I'm referring to), their all either going to a D-1 college or getting ready to go pro!!! To be honest with you all, I don't think they have any D-1 caliber including Stento who in a remarkable way latched on to a D-1 scholarship. Kind of far fetched like that kid that went to St. Bonnies!
in 3 sports ....is that what you're looking for? Do you think that no one at Bing. goes to a D1 or Ivy league school.

Guest Guest
in 3 sports ....is that what you're looking for? Do you think that no one at Bing. goes to a D1 or Ivy league school.

That was suppose to include the fact that an athlete at Bing. is going to Harvard!

@

Guest cock-a-doodle doo
Sorry, fans, I was referring to baseball.

Guest Guest
Kids from Binghamton, usually 80% of the time go to, ummmm what's that called? Oh yeah JAIL!!!

Nice comment, really. I have a good idea, why don't you NOT go on a public message board and insult kids? Have some players at BHS AND ELSEWHERE made bad choices and even been arrested for non-violent crimes? Absolutely.

However, I do not believe ANY players in the past 10 years have ever been convicted.

Look, many kids at BHS have very very difficult lives...and yes, a few have committed non-violent crimes.

But, assuming you were raised by someone with decent values, how can you justify coming on here and posting such an over-the-top insulting and patently untrue comments?

My son played for BHS...interesting, no one on the team he played with - to this day - has been 'in jail'..according to you, they must be in the 20%, right?

Don't be so cruel.

Guest cock-a-doodle doo
Nice comment, really. I have a good idea, why don't you NOT go on a public message board and insult kids? Have some players at BHS AND ELSEWHERE made bad choices and even been arrested for non-violent crimes? Absolutely.

However, I do not believe ANY players in the past 10 years have ever been convicted.

Look, many kids at BHS have very very difficult lives...and yes, a few have committed non-violent crimes.

But, assuming you were raised by someone with decent values, how can you justify coming on here and posting such an over-the-top insulting and patently untrue comments?

My son played for BHS...interesting, no one on the team he played with - to this day - has been 'in jail'..according to you, they must be in the 20%, right?

Don't be so cruel.

I mean guys like Sherba, McCabe etc.?

Guest Guest

He didn't play on the baseball team.

But even so, were you taught it is appropriate and decent to 'call out' kids for their failings, mistakes and bad choices?

All I can say is that I am really really glad that I grew up in a world where everyone didn't know what I did - other than the 'nosy' neighbors

I counsel my own kids that damn near everyone has a cell phone camera and that anywhere, any time your 'friends' can take a picture and post it on you tube or my space and they are there for the world to see...not that I THINK they are making bad choices, but hey, not too many make it from 15- 20 without doing something stupid.

Guest Guest

Don't be so cruel.

I know I know, the truth hurts

Guest Guest

Yes the truth CAN hurt, that's not new.

However, here is a new thought for you, apparently. Just because something is true, it does not necessarily mean that it is decent to comment on it. That isn't called truth, that is called manners and class. Try some.

Guest Guest

Not that we are talking about my kid(s), but actually, none of my children has ever 'ended up in jail', nor given appearance tickets...the worst that has happened is a speeding ticket....

Still doesn't make what you do OK.

Some people actually defend others without a personal connection, imagine that!

Guest miles andew

I heard both Cartright and Doherty were going to Broome is there any truth to that? Will be interesting since I know for a fact these 2 guys dont like each other and they both think they are point guards. Even though neither are.

Guest Guest
I heard both Cartright and Doherty were going to Broome is there any truth to that? Will be interesting since I know for a fact these 2 guys dont like each other and they both think they are point guards. Even though neither are.

Really. That national basketball powerhouse BCC for Binghamton Highs all everything backcourt, Doherty & Cartwright. HA. Big time recruits! Must have been difficult to turn down college offers like Marywood, Oneonta st, and Hartwick. Go Hornets!!

Guest Guest
Really. That national basketball powerhouse BCC for Binghamton Highs all everything backcourt, Doherty & Cartwright. HA. Big time recruits! Must have been difficult to turn down college offers like Marywood, Oneonta st, and Hartwick. Go Hornets!!

Just following the lead of last years superstars Azim Griffin & Brian Johnson. Not sure they even played 1 single game for BCC. BHS, get your program in order.

Griffin got kicked off the team and Johnson never graduated High school. BHS athletics are in shambles but Doherty and Cartright are good kids and i dont think they got beef. BCC is a powerhouse so im not sure if you were being a smartass or wut. BCC is in the national bball hall of fame for most wins for JUCO and won the conference last year and most years. That is a powerhouse.

Guest Guest

And, correct me if I am wrong, aren't kids who play in college called student athletes....student being first and athlete second?

I went to BCC and then on to a very well respected private college, saving myself tens of thousands of dollars in the process.

I know that DII and DIII private schools look at alot of high school athletes and tell them they can create a package that makes their school 'attractive' financially....and many of these athletes jump at the chance....it ends up costing them tens of thousands of dollars a year for the privlege of playing at their school.

For me and my kid? I would rather he played at BCC at 3K a year and, if he plays well, possibly go onto a DII or III school with a package of grants etc so he ends up owing 'only' 25K instead of 50K+, even playing a sport.

So, hey, good on you guys that end up in a JUCO program rather than accept an offer - that has more pizzaz - but will end up costing YOU thousands that you - and only you - will have to repay.

NOBODY but nobody from STAC will end up in the NBA so what is the difference????

Guest cock-a-doodle doo
Sherba is going to Fairleigh Dickinson Univ. DI- New Jersey

@

Not good enough to play at a D-1 school school like his brother, who's at St. Bonnies. I don't think F-D is a good D-1 school but I'm sorry, he's just not good enough at that level. Broome CC yes, D-1 or D11 , no way! Maybe D-111? He couldn't even make the Empire Games!

Guest uncle joe

I mean seriously, for those of you who bash Broome CC athletics, have you seen a game? Have you ever been in attendance to 1 sporting event? Did you catch any of the women's soccer national championship games? How about the BCC Lady Hornets who were ranked 1st in the country for most of the year. Or the men's basketball program who won the regular season and conference title and went to the regional tournament. Azim Griffin was the best player in STAC last year and was not good enough for more than 10 minutes a game. Get a grip and go see a game before you rag on a school that you could never play a sport at. I am a big basketball fan and a friend of a former assistant on the mens team and trust me when I say only a FEW local players might even be good enough to get time at Broome. So when you rag on these kids saying they are settling for BCC you had better think again.

Guest Old School

BCC had a pretty good Basketball coach quite a few years ago, you may have heard of him, named Mr. Baldwin. BCC's current softball coach isn't far behind, if anyone would consider Coach Brink's accomplishments second, but he'll have to wait until he retires to get the recognition he deserves. Coach Huggler is off to very good start in his short tenure, and gets more competitive every year with student athletes from this area. Coach Jimmy Evans is off to a good start as well, and if the BHS backcourt decide to play @ BCC, it's probably a reflection of Coach Evan's success as a player, combined with the affordability of BCC, combined with Coach Evan's success at placing his graduating players in the next level up, which may be D-I, II, or III. If Coach Evans could get Cartright, Dougherty, and Mullins in the same gym the Hornets would have a lot to look forward to.

Guest guest
Winans

Mullins

Keough

Cartright

Doherty

in that order.....And its Evans' not Evan's you BHS graduate.

Nice choice but does anyone ever mention EDUCATION. Most likley these players will not make a mark in basketball history it would be nice to know they have something to fall back on.

Guest Guest
Griffin got kicked off the team and Johnson never graduated High school. BHS athletics are in shambles but Doherty and Cartright are good kids and i dont think they got beef. BCC is a powerhouse so im not sure if you were being a smartass or wut. BCC is in the national bball hall of fame for most wins for JUCO and won the conference last year and most years. That is a powerhouse.

Johnson is finishing high school, so focus on someone else.

Archived