Where's some of the seniors at Binghamton going to school?

Guest cock-a-doodle doo

Guest Guest
Winans

Mullins

Keough

Cartright

Doherty

in that order.....And its Evans' not Evan's you BHS graduate.

3 of which played at the B and C level in STAC not a comparison to AA level ball.

Guest Guest

If Coach Evans could get Cartright, Dougherty, and Mullins in the same gym the Hornets would have a lot to look forward to.

How can you say that when Azim Griffin couldnt even barely crack the rotation at BCC? They get players from the city, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, and even had 2 European players. Maybe the reason that they have been winning is they recruit all over the place......I agree that Cartright and Mullins could crack the rotation and possibly even start but they will need a lot more than just guys from Broome County to compete.

Guest cock-a-doodle doo
If Coach Evans could get Cartright, Dougherty, and Mullins in the same gym the Hornets would have a lot to look forward to.

How can you say that when Azim Griffin couldnt even barely crack the rotation at BCC? They get players from the city, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, and even had 2 European players. Maybe the reason that they have been winning is they recruit all over the place......I agree that Cartright and Mullins could crack the rotation and possibly even start but they will need a lot more than just guys from Broome County to compete.

To be honest with you, I think Mullins would have a tough time starting for a weak D-111 team Just doesn't have a nice "college" shot. He shoots from the waist up, like Bob Cousy! He'd never get away with that at a D-111 level. The ball would see more of his behind then the basket. Sorry! Improve your shot at Broome and then , Maybe"? Now on the other hand, I think he can play Qb. on any D-111 school and possibly D-11 school under this condition..., if he learns to run, learns to take a hit(which he shys away from), and quit crying that it's other players mistake. Reads the defense well, knows how to pick out his receivers(remarkably good) and has a real good and accurate arm. Lift wgts. and pick up your speed- football is your scholarship!!

Guest guest
Johnson is finishing high school, so focus on someone else.
Why didn't they work with him last year maybe the coaches should spend less time in the gym and more time in the classroom. I think Johnson is very talented and is wasting a year not playing. Another case of who cares if they fail as long as they bring us a championship.

Guest Guest
Why didn't they work with him last year maybe the coaches should spend less time in the gym and more time in the classroom. I think Johnson is very talented and is wasting a year not playing. Another case of who cares if they fail as long as they bring us a championship.

Thats not what they were doing.Grades and attendance are monitored and expected by Springer. Johnson is talented but is not wasting his year by getting his education.

@

Guest guest
Thats not what they were doing.Grades and attendance are monitored and expected by Springer. Johnson is talented but is not wasting his year by getting his education.
I totally agree not wasting a year on education. But if a kid repeats a whole year what were the coaches monitoring they must know when a kid isn't going to graduate why not work first to get the diploma then comes bball. Johnson's a good kid this isn't about him its about the system.

@

Guest fo dizzle
Regardless, B or C.....Keough was B as well.

yeah it doesn't matter whether it's AA, B, C, or anything. Because if my memory serves me right, CV, a little B school, beat UE who is supposedly amazing because they're AA right? no. it doesn't work like that and it's time people realized that AA doesn't necessarily mean the best.

Guest Guest

Like all statistics, there are going to be exceptions, but as a general rule, AA players and teams are better than smaller A, B, and C teams and players.

Simply by virtue of playing against teams from bigger schools, AA players have gained skills not needed for success at the lower levels....and especially true in the flat out speed of the game. Shots that a good C level player has time to get off would never make it at the AA level. Also, generally, the AA teams have taller players which impacts the game.

Guest Guest
Broadus wants a local player, do you think there ever will be one soon?

No, BU for the most part caters to downstaters and out of staters :angry:

@

Not to copy real sports mind, but I really do agree 100%

Just to let everyone know. JUCO baseball is way better than Division 3 baseball. There also are NO atheletic scholarships at D-3 schools. Usually D3 schools are very expensive and highly academic.

Guest Guest
I totally agree not wasting a year on education. But if a kid repeats a whole year what were the coaches monitoring they must know when a kid isn't going to graduate why not work first to get the diploma then comes bball. Johnson's a good kid this isn't about him its about the system.

He was probably lacking in credits or maybe failed and exam in the end of the year. Lots of possible reasons.

@

Guest Guest
yeah it doesn't matter whether it's AA, B, C, or anything. Because if my memory serves me right, CV, a little B school, beat UE who is supposedly amazing because they're AA right? no. it doesn't work like that and it's time people realized that AA doesn't necessarily mean the best.

Actually it does make a big difference, especially in the speed of the game. of course there will always be teams that are exceptional ,however I agree that putting some of these high scorers on the B,C and D teams against a team like Henninger in Syracuse for example, they'd be crushed. Another example, if Bing. had played the team that CV had played in the state Regional at Cortland instead of the Mt. Vernon team (nationally ranked) Bing. would have had no trouble beating them at a much bigger margin.

@

Guest Guest

What about the SV softball team girls? Did you know Cook's daughter and the entire team. They were always in the paper and played up big time. Suppposedly all got scholarships to places like Alabama and all. Two were given full scholarships on the softball team at Binghamton University. A few in the Big 10. How'd they do in college and where are they now? anyone know?

Guest legion coach
Not good enough to play at a D-1 school school like his brother, who's at St. Bonnies. I don't think F-D is a good D-1 school but I'm sorry, he's just not good enough at that level. Broome CC yes, D-1 or D11 , no way! Maybe D-111? He couldn't even make the Empire Games!

bOTH jt AND HIS BROTHER dennIS ARE QUALITRY MKIDS,GOOD GRADES, HARD WORKERS WITH GREAT PARENTS WHO DO BOTH DESERVE TO GO D-1 REGARDLESS OF SCHOOLSIZE. MY SONS HAVE P[LAYED AGAAINST THEM AND ON TRAVEL SQUADS WITH THEM. IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW MUCH LIKE AN MISINFORMED MORON YOU SOULD LIKE MAYBE YOU WOULD SHUT UP ABOUT GOOD KIDS MAKING SOMETHING OF THEMSELVES. Not Allowed OFF

Guest Guest
bOTH jt AND HIS BROTHER dennIS ARE QUALITRY MKIDS,GOOD GRADES, HARD WORKERS WITH GREAT PARENTS WHO DO BOTH DESERVE TO GO D-1 REGARDLESS OF SCHOOLSIZE. MY SONS HAVE P[LAYED AGAAINST THEM AND ON TRAVEL SQUADS WITH THEM. IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW MUCH LIKE AN MISINFORMED MORON YOU SOULD LIKE MAYBE YOU WOULD SHUT UP ABOUT GOOD KIDS MAKING SOMETHING OF THEMSELVES. Not Allowed OFF

The Sherbas boys are arrogant DELETED . Especially the younger one...

This is no reflection on their upbringing though

Guest minnow

Dennis shouldn't be playing at a D-1 school(actually, he hardly plays now) , maybe a D-11 school..., JT- could play at Broome and that's about it. Too slow and to small. He'd have to play something other than catcher and I don't think he is that good of an all-around athlete to be able to do this.

Guest Guest
Not good enough to play at a D-1 school school like his brother, who's at St. Bonnies. I don't think F-D is a good D-1 school but I'm sorry, he's just not good enough at that level. Broome CC yes, D-1 or D11 , no way! Maybe D-111? He couldn't even make the Empire Games!

FDU is a good small private D1 school well known in NJ. Don't comment on things that you know nothing about. They're a big soccer and basketball school as well.

Guest Guest

Why would anyone even start a post like this????? there are some great kids that go to BHS try writing something positive about them correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SETON, UE, or Vestal has anyone going to Harvard to play lacrosse BHS does

Guest Guest
Broadass will probably not get a local player after all hes a thug in BU after all he did push a coach he should gotten suspended for the remander of the season if it happend again they should fire him

Lets not get crazy here, in no way shape or form is BCC anywhere near the same level as Binghamton University. Coach Evans has done a good job so far and they won a conference championship in his second year but they havent had any Division 1 players in a long long time. Anyone know where this years BCC players are going? Kroweak, Kaerdholt or Houston? I thought Kaerdholt had division 1 potential and I was curious as to why Binghamton wasnt at all looking at him, he has such a pretty shot. Broadas did make a mistake in pushing another coach but cut the guy some slack Calipari almost faught John Chaney a few years ago and he almost won a national championship last nigght

@

Archived