Smooth Jazz

Guest Survey Guy

Guest Survey Guy

If Binghamton were to get a Smooth Jazz radio station is there anyone here who would listen to the station? I have been a fan of smooth jazz since I was 15 and think the Binghamton area should acquire a radio station as well. I realize we have a jazz station here already, but it's too classical for me. Anyone else agree? If you don't understand the art of jazz don't post asinine comments please!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Binghamton were to get a Smooth Jazz radio station is there anyone here who would listen to the station? I have been a fan of smooth jazz since I was 15 and think the Binghamton area should acquire a radio station as well. I realize we have a jazz station here already, but it's too classical for me. Anyone else agree? If you don't understand the art of jazz don't post asinine comments please!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could stop laughing at your post, I'd probably come off as less asinine. But smooth jazz??? LMAO!!!!

Guest Survey Guy
If I could stop laughing at your post, I'd probably come off as less asinine. But smooth jazz??? LMAO!!!!

Not asinine at all. I meant like DELETED or something along those lines as a reply. BTW do you understand jazz???

Guest Survey Guy
buy a sirius radio and you will have it. I have had sirius for years now and i never listen to reg radio anymore. You can listen to several types of jazz on there.

I would but I'm kind of taking a survey for my references!!!

I think it would be a good idea. Better than that head bangin crap :blink:

Guest metal

i hate jazz, but i think there is a market for it. i know many people who listen to it and also attend jazz shows around town, if they can find it. they tell me the clubs who have such concerts usually have good turn out. the problem is that owning a radio station isn't about the music, it is about money. jazz may be a risk they aren't willing to take, but i think a locally owned station could do quite well with it.

Guest Guest

I listen to Jazz all the time but not on local radio and not so much the smooth variety of jazz. It's a big part of the reason I have a satelite radio.

Guest Coleman Hawkins

I understand jazz quite well and I also understand that the "smooth" variety of jazz sucks major DELETED.

Guest metal
elaborate!!!

it's funny how different styles of music have sub-genres within them. i don't know what "smooth" jazz is. i thought jazz was jazz. metal is the same way, despite ill informed judgments about it. i've been told country even has feuds with old country or new country. i would kill myself either way on that one. what i'm trying to say is if a station dedicates itself to a specific style music, i think they get a more dedicated audience. by the same token, if they play ALL of a general style, their ratings might go up. it's their money. i guess that's why satellite is so popular. there is no local FM station i can listen to.

Guest Survey Guy
it's funny how different styles of music have sub-genres within them. i don't know what "smooth" jazz is. i thought jazz was jazz. metal is the same way, despite ill informed judgments about it. i've been told country even has feuds with old country or new country. i would kill myself either way on that one. what i'm trying to say is if a station dedicates itself to a specific style music, i think they get a more dedicated audience. by the same token, if they play ALL of a general style, their ratings might go up. it's their money. i guess that's why satellite is so popular. there is no local FM station i can listen to.

If you're suggesting merging other styles of jazz to the station, that's not a bad idea in itself! I was going to post this origianlly, but wanted to get some takes on smooth jazz first. If there is any other types of jazz anyone likes please suggest it!!!!

@

Guest metal
If you're suggesting merging other styles of jazz to the station, that's not a bad idea in itself! I was going to post this origianlly, but wanted to get some takes on smooth jazz first. If there is any other types of jazz anyone likes please suggest it!!!!

@

i was thinking all jazz, just different styles of it, might capture a wider audience. on the negative side, i hate stations that play all kinds of "metal" because most of it doesn't appeal to me. norwegian death metal ain't my thing. i don't understand jazz enough to know how different the genres can be.

Guest Guest

The jazz station we have is too... classical?

WSQX (the jazz station) plays a lot of "lite" jazz as it is - how much smoother do you want it? If anything, I'd like to hear a little more freeform jazz rather than what they play now, but it's not a bad jazz station at all, especially for a market this size.

Guest metal

WSQX (the jazz station) plays a lot of "lite" jazz as it is - how much smoother do you want it? If anything, I'd like to hear a little more freeform jazz rather than what they play now, but it's not a bad jazz station at all, especially for a market this size.

i officially bow out of the conversation. i do find it funny, however, that most music has similar qualities other than sound.

@

Guest Guest

There is room for it considering we have 3 classic rock stations, 7 Adult stations, 4 talk stations...what do you think.

Not asinine at all. I meant like DELETED or something along those lines as a reply. BTW do you understand jazz???

I suppose I don't really understand Jazz, however I understand that by adding the word "smooth" in front of it makes it extremely funny sounding.

Guest Guest
I suppose I don't really understand Jazz, however I understand that by adding the word "smooth" in front of it makes it extremely funny sounding.

For someone who knows absolutely nothing about jazz, you sure have a lot of opinions about it.

Leave it be.

For someone who knows absolutely nothing about jazz, you sure have a lot of opinions about it.

Leave it be.

I was commenting on the term "smooth jazz," not jazz as a genre of music. So no, I won't leave it be.

Guest Survey Guy

I was talking Boney James smooth. The more modern smooth!!!

@

Archived