Stimulus Tax Payments & SSI/SSD collectors

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Worked since I was 15 and retired at 70. my SS is low as the job I did for years although backbreaking didn't allow much. Not being that educated it was the best I could do. You deny me a chance to take part in this package? To me it's a little bit of relief for the usual struggle for simple things like food.

Guest Guest
Worked since I was 15 and retired at 70. my SS is low as the job I did for years although backbreaking didn't allow much. Not being that educated it was the best I could do. You deny me a chance to take part in this package? To me it's a little bit of relief for the usual struggle for simple things like food.

Of course not. You worked, you paid in. The people I'm referring to are as previously posted, people who are younger and on "disability" who have hardly ever worked but they're healthy enough to sit on the computer all day, go bingo, drive around and visit every friend in the triple cities, etc....

I agree with the poster who said if you can sit and play on the computer all day, you can work. Certainly they can do data entry or things of that nature.

My original (I'm the OP) gripe was based on the fact that a person I know is getting the money. He lived off welfare for the past 5 years and then became eligible for SSI/SSD, he gets 2 checks a month. He goes bingo, he sits on the computer all day long in POGO Club, he's healthy enough that he cruises town a lot and visits a lot of people, takes out of town trips, etc. He claims he can't stand for extended periods of time but will spend a whole day walking the mall. He claims he can't sit for extended periods of time, yet he spends several hours each day and night on the computer and sitting in his car. These things were the basis of his "disability" and not working and it bugs me to know that we're footing the bill for this person and we have been for most of his life because he was on/off welfare for the past 20+ years. He's only 50 and we'll be supporting him until he dies.

Guest Guest

Here's something for Angry Taxpayer to REALLY be angry about.

The IRS is spending $42 million to send out 2 different notices to everyone about the Stimulus Package. The first one is as Generic as it can be. The second one is supposed to let each person know ABOUT how much they will receive. That annoys the hell out of me.

I understand they want to let people know that it is coming-it's not a joke- blah-blah-blah. Send one notice out letting people know how much they will receive. That will cut the price down to $21 million.

For more information on any of this go to WWW.IRS.GOV that is there official web site.

For more information about New York State Tax go to WWW.TAX.STATE.NY.US that is the states official web site.

Those receiving SSI (Supplemental Security Income) do not receive the stimulus package. Those collecting social security and SSD are elegible for the stimulus. Most are people who have paid into that system and deserve the benefit.

ALL are people who have paid into the system and deserve the benefit. Everyone who receives Social Security - whether as an elderly person or as Social Secutiy/Disability (SSD), they paid into the system and that is why they qualify for those benefits. People who are diabled and did not work enough to pay into the system get SSI.

@

Archived