Dick's Open

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
you have never played there, but are somehow qualified to talk about the course? that makes sense. the shape of the course is not just what the pros say. they weren't shoveling 6 inch piles of mud off the cart paths after the flood. so keep on yapping about things you have no idea about. that's probably a long list.

@

I've walked the course about half a dozen times, when the BC Open was still here. Obviously the flood is to blame for the shape it was in last year. A lot of pros who played in last year's event voiced their opinion on the condition of the course (especially the greens), and said they wouldn't come back unless it got back to the way it was.

Have the greens been repaired and grown back in well enough to host a professional level golf tournament? I wouldn't know, because I obviously haven't seen the course since last year (It's still less than 50 degrees outside). So please answer the question for me. I hope that the course is in great shape. Then I would actually have an urge to play there. (Endwell Greens, Hiawatha, and Conklin Players Club are where you should play)

What I do know is that if the greens don't recover, you can say goodbye to professional golf in our area. We'll have to go to Turning Stone, which, by the way, has much more beautiful courses than En-Joie

Guest Guest

"you have never played there, but are somehow qualified to talk about the course? that makes sense. the shape of the course is not just what the pros say. they weren't shoveling 6 inch piles of mud off the cart paths after the flood. so keep on yapping about things you have no idea about. that's probably a long list. "

Obviously the pros weren't shoveling mud, thats your job. It's a shame that the flood had to be the cause of all of this, but if they can't get a grounds crew who knows what they are doing and can remedy the problems, then En-Joie will become just another run-of-the-mill track.

I hope they hire some people who know what they are doing so the course can get back to a high quality level.

The bottom line is that The Champions Tour won't make their players tee it up on a course that has greens with dead, brown spots all over. Especially after the players have voiced their displeasure.

I've walked the course about half a dozen times, when the BC Open was still here. Obviously the flood is to blame for the shape it was in last year. A lot of pros who played in last year's event voiced their opinion on the condition of the course (especially the greens), and said they wouldn't come back unless it got back to the way it was.

Have the greens been repaired and grown back in well enough to host a professional level golf tournament? I wouldn't know, because I obviously haven't seen the course since last year (It's still less than 50 degrees outside). So please answer the question for me. I hope that the course is in great shape. Then I would actually have an urge to play there. (Endwell Greens, Hiawatha, and Conklin Players Club are where you should play)

What I do know is that if the greens don't recover, you can say goodbye to professional golf in our area. We'll have to go to Turning Stone, which, by the way, has much more beautiful courses than En-Joie

wow, you walked it 6 times in 30 yrs. that certainly makes you familiar with the course. i played at the end of last year and the greens were near perfect.

endwell greens is the place to go? now i can see you are a golf course expert. i like the hole that goes up the hill and the one that goes down the hill. oh wait, that's the whole course. conklin is overpriced and the layout sucks as bad as endwell. the staff is rude and obnoxious. they do keep it in good shape. hiawatha is very nice.

turning stone is beautiful. why are you comparing a cheap, county run golf course with an expensive tourist course built by multibillionares (that gets very little play)? only you know that.

do you think the greens were perfect every year of the BC OPEN? not quite. so after one year, after 30 yrs on tour and after a flood, why would seniors who got their start at en-joie, threaten not to comeback? because they are spoiled old men who care only about themselves. if they want to leave, let them leave. it ain't worth it. they all know we are a small area and not like the other places they play. the turning stone maintenance budget is probably 100 times that of en-joie and en-joie receives 100 times more play. this isn't rocket science. if they can't "suffer" a couple years til the course comes back, screw em.

one last question. did any of the seniors refuse their prize money last year because of how bad the course was? i don't think so. they just took their money, stabbed en-joie in the back and left town. sounds like a typical woman.

@

Archived