Dick's Open

Guest Guest

Guest John Daley

Don't go to shop there and if you do tell the cashier that if they move the open you will not be shopping there anymore.Show some guts. I cannot do it because I do not shop there anyway ever since they moved Corporate to Pittsburg. And guess what? I can buy everything I need at Gandor or other shops. I have not missed it in several years and I am fine with it.Pass this on to your friends and relatives. It is about time we stuck up for ourselves and our area.A decision like that has nothing to do with our area just putting more money in their pocket.

Guest Guest
Don't go to shop there and if you do tell the cashier that if they move the open you will not be shopping there anymore.Show some guts. I cannot do it because I do not shop there anyway ever since they moved Corporate to Pittsburg. And guess what? I can buy everything I need at Gandor or other shops. I have not missed it in several years and I am fine with it.Pass this on to your friends and relatives. It is about time we stuck up for ourselves and our area.A decision like that has nothing to do with our area just putting more money in their pocket.

THATS WHY THEY ARE IN BUISNESS DELETED

Guest Guest

The problem is that this area does not support the local Pro Tourney like it use to. Polpualtion decline, jobs lost ect. probably are the main culprit. If they are not selling enough tickets, I do not blame them for moving. Lack of ticket sales sustained year after year are probably why the BC Open is no longer here. Correct me if I am wrong, it has been known to happen from time to time. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
The problem is that this area does not support the local Pro Tourney like it use to. Population decline, jobs lost ect. probably are the main culprit. If they are not selling enough tickets, I do not blame them for moving. Lack of ticket sales sustained year after year are probably why the BC Open is no longer here. Correct me if I am wrong, it has been known to happen from time to time. :rolleyes:

sorry, had to correct my spelling error!

@

Guest John Daley

After what this area did to get Dick's started,they could reduce the ticket prices and people would be able to afford to go. We gave them such a boost when they started and they are a billion dollar company. With more people the advertising revenue woudl increase.Like what maines did to the baseball population. Lower the price of hot dogs to a dollar and they sold 4 times as many and the people came out more. Who could go and pay $3 a dog?Less and mean more in the long run. Nobody owes us anything I am sure someo one will say but I do not see it like that. We should be the showcase of their success and showing us some sort of respect should be considered and if not,why show them any? Mr. profit? go F....yourself also if you want to get nasty!

Guest Guest

If the Dick's open moves to Pittsburgh you can't blame it solely on Dick's. En-Joi hasn't been the same since it flooded 2 years ago. Remember last year when the pros who played here complained about the course and greens being in poor shape?

If En-Joi can't get back to being a top-notch pro-level golf course, then the tour has no choice but to axe it from their schedule. If the tour pros don't want to come here and play because of the condition of the course, then they will find a better establishment to hold another tournament.

Guest Guest
If the Dick's open moves to Pittsburgh you can't blame it solely on Dick's. En-Joi hasn't been the same since it flooded 2 years ago. Remember last year when the pros who played here complained about the course and greens being in poor shape?

If En-Joi can't get back to being a top-notch pro-level golf course, then the tour has no choice but to axe it from their schedule. If the tour pros don't want to come here and play because of the condition of the course, then they will find a better establishment to hold another tournament.

Oh, too bad. The pros complained about the course. It is a DELETED game.

I wish the golf tournament would just go away. It costs this are money. It is a waste of time.

Good Bye, good riddance.

@

Oh, too bad. The pros complained about the course. It is a DELETED game.

I wish the golf tournament would just go away. It costs this are money. It is a waste of time.

Good Bye, good riddance.

@

*cough, cough* TOOL! *cough, cough*

Guest Guest
they could reduce the ticket prices and people would be able to afford to go.
$50 dollars for the week if you buy them now. You can't go to the movies and go out to eat for that.

Guest Money for the players
After what this area did to get Dick's started,they could reduce the ticket prices and people would be able to afford to go. We gave them such a boost when they started and they are a billion dollar company. With more people the advertising revenue woudl increase.Like what maines did to the baseball population. Lower the price of hot dogs to a dollar and they sold 4 times as many and the people came out more. Who could go and pay $3 a dog?Less and mean more in the long run. Nobody owes us anything I am sure someo one will say but I do not see it like that. We should be the showcase of their success and showing us some sort of respect should be considered and if not,why show them any? Mr. profit? go F....yourself also if you want to get nasty!

How do you plan on paying the players? The city sure as hell ain't gonna do it for ya!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

It's not up to Dick's to decide where the tournament is held. They are just the sponsor of the event. The fact that the company originated here probably makes them want to hold the tournament in Endicott, at En-Joi, but the fact is that the Champions Tour (formerly Senior PGA Tour) decides where and when the tournaments take place. If En-Joi can't provide a professional quality golf course, then they won't bring the tour to En-Joi.

It's a shame because thousands of people enjoy the tournament every year. Not just people from "Greater Binghamton" either. People from all over the northeast come out to watch these professionals play.

PS: I will continue to shop at Dick's, as I always have. It makes me proud to know that a busines that started out as a hole-in-the-wall bait shop has blossomed into a national, billion dollar corporation. I love when I travel to places like North Carolina and see a Dick's. It's just awesome to know that the business got it's start in my hometown, and that the people in Binghamton made it what it is today.

PSS: Gandor Mountain sucks.

this is brutal. the food and concessions have nothing to do with DICK'S. they don't set hot dog prices. they are all charities and businesses that do concession. the vendor decides the price.

nobody sponsors a golf tournament out of the goodness of their heart. what, do you think it's 1950? a million dollars is an investment, not a donation. it is considered advertising.

the pga tour decides where any event takes place. DICK'S has no say in it at all. in big cities, sponsors are lined up to host a tournament.

the golf course is an issue. even though the staff has done a remarkable job after the flood, the players expect perfection. they are used to playing the greatest courses in the world. they are also spoiled old men. please tell the poster how to spell "enjoie". he's killing me.

finally, dick's and BCCC must work together. i think dick's is finding out that working with alex is impossible. he thinks it's his tournament. they got rid of mike norman after dick's realized he was alex's cabana boy. they also have a "tournament cooridinator" that couldn't run the mixed member guest at dimmock hill. alot of hurdles to overcome.

i think the pga threw alex a bone with this tournament because of the bc open. there is no future for pro golf in endicott.

LOL, hey at least I didn't spell it "ENJOY"

En-Joie

Are you happy now dolt?

i think you're confused. i didn't butcher a name that a 3rd grader could spell.

Guest Guest
How is Alex doing? He must be getting a little old?

i think that gravel throat alex alexander should just go away and die. what is this county getting for the $50,000 a year that he siphons off of the charities? nothing other than his family members and god son stealing more. get rid of all of them all and that stupid tournament. who needs it? and no, it does not help the local ecomony have a national presence. i don't see national corps. lining up to relocate in broome county.

Guest Guest
THATS WHY THEY ARE IN BUISNESS DELETED

Cant we say the same about WalMart? Isn't that what it is all about, making money? What is the point of owning your own business if you're giving away all your profits? I am sick of hearing how much WalMart has and that they could afford to do it. They spent their own money,built their business Their employees didn't spend a nickel building the business, they were paid to work there - that should be enough.

Guest Guest
i think you're confused. i didn't butcher a name that a 3rd grader could spell.

Well the name very clearly has a hyphen, so you spelled it wrong too buddy

Sorry if i could really care less about the spelling of a golf course's name, it's not like I've ever played there, or have even driven past it in the last year

grow up you idiot

and by butchering you mean I left off one letter? big deal, go cry about it

@

Guest Guest

They sponsor the tourney... doesnt the money go to charity?

@

Well the name very clearly has a hyphen, so you spelled it wrong too buddy

Sorry if i could really care less about the spelling of a golf course's name, it's not like I've ever played there, or have even driven past it in the last year

grow up you idiot

and by butchering you mean I left off one letter? big deal, go cry about it

@

you have never played there, but are somehow qualified to talk about the course? that makes sense. the shape of the course is not just what the pros say. they weren't shoveling 6 inch piles of mud off the cart paths after the flood. so keep on yapping about things you have no idea about. that's probably a long list.

@

Guest Guest
you have never played there, but are somehow qualified to talk about the course? that makes sense. the shape of the course is not just what the pros say. they weren't shoveling 6 inch piles of mud off the cart paths after the flood. so keep on yapping about things you have no idea about. that's probably a long list.

@

Don't encourage them. We'll be here all DELETED day if that list is ever distributed :blink::blink::blink:

@

Archived