New Golf Course In Owego??

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
There was a rumor that one would be going in on the south side, out near Sulphur Springs Road.

@

Good one about Harris Country Club!!!

No really I think there is one opening in Owego and I heard that Joel Deeter is leaving Dick's Sporting Goods to be the golf pro.

Guest guest
There was a rumor that one would be going in on the south side, out near Sulphur Springs Road.

@

THE COURSE IS ALL READY MADE IT SHOULD OPEN UP ANY TIME IT IS ON SULPHR SPRINGS RD IN OWEGO

@

Guest guest
its not open to the public

only the owner and his closest friends can golf there

I belive the owner is from NJ or NY City

@

THIS IS THE ONE I,M PRETTY SURE. THE GUY IS OPENING UP TO THE PUBLIC VERY SOON, AND YES.. A GUY BY THE NAME OF JOEL IS GOING TO BE THE PRO. DEETER COULD BE THE LAST NAME, BUT NOT REALLY SURE OF THAT.

Guest Guest
There is a new course out on Wait Road, but it looks like another Dimrock Hill type course. Don't get too excited.

@

It is a brand new course and it will have a grand opening in June I heard. The course is actually pretty nice and they already have a few leagues forming. There will be a pro shop built and they are getting a launch monitor to do custom club fitting. Come on guys give it some time - it is a brand new course

Guest Guest
There is a new course out on Wait Road, but it looks like another Dimrock Hill type course. Don't get too excited.

@

Just toured the course today, and it is far form a Dimrock as you put it. The back 9 is brand new and has only been growing since Aug '07. Front is not extremly long but will require well placed shots, and it has some of the better par 3's that I have seen.

@

Guest Guest
Just toured the course today, and it is far form a Dimrock as you put it. The back 9 is brand new and has only been growing since Aug '07. Front is not extremly long but will require well placed shots, and it has some of the better par 3's that I have seen.

@

I just toured it as well and it looks like it will be worth the trip. The pro gave me a tour around and gave me a rundown of what they had in store for a proshop. They plan on it being more of a family oriented place with very reasonable prices. They are going to have an outdoor launch monitor and demo clubs to try out on the course. They already have leagues committed and tournaments planned.

Guest Guest-bud0598-*
I just toured it as well and it looks like it will be worth the trip. The pro gave me a tour around and gave me a rundown of what they had in store for a proshop. They plan on it being more of a family oriented place with very reasonable prices. They are going to have an outdoor launch monitor and demo clubs to try out on the course. They already have leagues committed and tournaments planned.

Truth is they will open in June for limited play with Joel Deeter as the teaching pro. There sights are for full play next year.

Guest duff mckay

is it a "championship" course with length or a shorter catatonk type course? what course would you compare it to?

@

Guest Guest
Is this a privately owned course?

The owner originally built it for family and friends but they are opening to the public May 31st.

Guest Guest
is it a "championship" course with length or a shorter catatonk type course? what course would you compare it to?

@

It is not a "championship" course and I can't really compare it to anything around here. They are still trying to get it ready for public play. The guy who built it did a great job. I stopped in and talked to Joel at Dicks and he was telling me what they have planned. It sounds like it is going to be "country club treatment but with reasonable prices" The owner is going all out to make things great. They are going to have a pro shop and the only outdoor launch monitor so it should be worth checking out. They already have quite a few people ready to set up tee times for opening weekend, me included. Plus memberships are very reasonable.

@

Guest duff mckay
It is not a "championship" course and I can't really compare it to anything around here. They are still trying to get it ready for public play. The guy who built it did a great job. I stopped in and talked to Joel at Dicks and he was telling me what they have planned. It sounds like it is going to be "country club treatment but with reasonable prices" The owner is going all out to make things great. They are going to have a pro shop and the only outdoor launch monitor so it should be worth checking out. They already have quite a few people ready to set up tee times for opening weekend, me included. Plus memberships are very reasonable.

@

if someone forced you to compare it to a local course, what would you say? i assume it is hilly? would a better player want to play there? alot of trees, traps and water or wide open? lightning greens or slow. just your best guess.

Guest Guest
if someone forced you to compare it to a local course, what would you say? i assume it is hilly? would a better player want to play there? alot of trees, traps and water or wide open? lightning greens or slow. just your best guess.

The one side is more open where you have to be able to hit a driver with some trees. The other side is shorter, alot tighter, and lots of creeks and ponds. The greens are only a year old so they can't be cut down too low but they are smooth. I guess if I had to compare it to something I would say that it is a little bit longer than tall pines. Guess you will just have to check it out for yourself.

Archived