Oil Prices

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Damn oil companies! Right?

Writes Matt Machaj: "The Polish currency was much sounder in recent years than the dollar

"It might be fun to see how the price of oil changed as supposingly 'peak oil' came in.

"In 2006 when oil was traded at 75 dolar per barrel, the dollar was worth 3.1 zlotys. This gives us the price of 232 zlotys per barrel.

"Today a barrel is worth 105 dollars, but the dollar is worth 2.25 zlotys. This gives us the price of 236,25 zlotys per barrel.

"In dollars the price of oil rose by 40%. In zlotys by 1.7%.

"Please tell me - is it peak oil or anti-peak fiat money?"

UPDATE from Matt: "Since Polish zlotys are also a fiat currency, subject to inflation, maybe it is worthwhile to consult other prices.

The price of a barrel of oil in:

Gold: 2006 - 0.125 of an ounce; today 0.111 ounce. Oil is 12.6% cheaper in terms of gold.

Silver: 2006 - 6 ounces; today 5.77. Oil is 3.99% cheaper in silver.

Platinum: 2006 - 0.0682 of an ounce; today 0.0525. Oil is 30% cheaper in platinum.

"I would love to see the price for oil expressed in apples."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/020222.html

It just keeps getting better!

Guest Guest

take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take

take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take

take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take

take take take take take take take take take take take take take

AND GIVE NOTHING BACK - ROTTEN TO THE CORE

@

Guest Guest
take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take take

take take take take take take take take take take take take take

AND GIVE NOTHING BACK - ROTTEN TO THE CORE

@

Exactly.

The "Federal" Reserve is robbing us blind through inflation.

There's more to come.

Fed Offers $100 Billion More to Commercial Banks to Fight Credit Crisis

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve announced Friday it will auction an additional $100 billion in April to cash-strapped banks as it continues to combat the effects of a credit crisis.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080328/fed_credit_crisis.html

@

Guest Guest
You expect people on this board to understand inflation?

Good luck!

@

I'm not going to give up hope. Some people have the ability to learn.

Guest Guest

At this rate, Americans will be fighting in the streets by the end of the year. The Gov't Bureaucrats are so out of touch with the working man/woman. I can't feed my kids what they would like, because I don't have any money. We are being turned into the Palistinian, Iranian, Indian and Pakistani mobs who seem to have nothing better to do than protest.

The first to be hit will be the theivin' gas stations, then any oil company.

How about a million starving citizen march on Wall street. F'ck the Fed.

should we starve or fight

Guest Learn Economics
At this rate, Americans will be fighting in the streets by the end of the year. The Gov't Bureaucrats are so out of touch with the working man/woman. I can't feed my kids what they would like, because I don't have any money. We are being turned into the Palistinian, Iranian, Indian and Pakistani mobs who seem to have nothing better to do than protest.

Let's review, Bush haters'. The first president to raise the gas prices drastically was President Clinton during his first stint as president. Secondly, in the US we have many places we can drill for oil, Alaska, Utah and along the coast of California in the Pacific Ocean, but god forbid the Democrats to pass a law to permit contracters to drill for oil because there in tight with the Environmentalist who claim this is no good for our environm"t. Let's go a little farther- everyone blaming President Bush on people losing their homes! Economic 2... thank Pellosi, Reid, and Kennedy to lead the Democrats when they took over Congress in 2006 to raise the minnimum wage. This forced the small business to fold or lay off its working force, many who had a mortgage loan. Result: couldn't afford their investm't so audious! Let's thank those fine responsive democrats. Economics 3- don;t buy what you can't afford. This is what causes inflation.

Guest Guest
Let's review, Bush haters'. The first president to raise the gas prices drastically was President Clinton during his first stint as president. Secondly, in the US we have many places we can drill for oil, Alaska, Utah and along the coast of California in the Pacific Ocean, but god forbid the Democrats to pass a law to permit contracters to drill for oil because there in tight with the Environmentalist who claim this is no good for our environm"t. Let's go a little farther- everyone blaming President Bush on people losing their homes! Economic 2... thank Pellosi, Reid, and Kennedy to lead the Democrats when they took over Congress in 2006 to raise the minnimum wage. This forced the small business to fold or lay off its working force, many who had a mortgage loan. Result: couldn't afford their investm't so audious! Let's thank those fine responsive democrats. Economics 3- don;t buy what you can't afford. This is what causes inflation.

You are an ignorant fool.

Turn off the Fox News and AM radio for a while and educate yourself.

Obviously you have no clue what causes inflation or how the market works.

@

Guest a guy that knows fact

@

Typical Democrat.., an answer with no fact! Obviously you'll have no clue wnen McCain wins the election in November.

@

Being the expert you think you are, please tell us what causes inflation and how the market works. :wacko:

Guest Guest
Being the expert you think you are, please tell us what causes inflation and how the market works. :wacko:

OHHH that ought to be good listening closely but still only hearing crickets.

Guest Guest
Typical Democrat.., an answer with no fact! Obviously you'll have no clue wnen McCain wins the election in November.

McCain's only chance of winning is choosing a VP who everyone is comfortable having as Prez.

Guest Guest

The creation of new money from thin air causes inflation. The occurs by diluting the value of the money already in existence at the time the new money is created. If the supply of goods and services does not increase at the same pace as the money supply, inflation occurs. Of course when the "Federal" Reserve is creating $75 billion here and $100 billion there, out of nothing, inflation is the result.

Guest Guest

Typical ignorant fool.

If someone disagrees with your ignorance they must be from the other political party.

Guest Guest

Yes they have the ability to learn but will they? Where is the incentive to learn?

Your statement is neutral in content, it can be interpreted many ways, however, after a uncontrolable jibe I will get serious.

I have HOPE in who might be our first Black African-american President. The CHANGE he will bring will destroy what is left of our Constitution. Regrettably Hillary and Mc Cain are no more encouraging. So what alternative is there?

Two BC Servers ago there was a subject titled "Am I being paranoid?". It was posted just before Canada Currency for the first time was worth more than the US dollar.

The post dealt with who was manipulating the downfall of our economy and who will benefit. Like all posts we put here looking for debate what was positted was ridiculed.

The ability is inherant but who wants to learn? Those who depend on Government handouts? Those who are Indoctrinated in Schools and rather follow the path they are led to rather than take the hard path of Intellectual Honesty?

Guest Guest

Yes they have the ability to learn but will they? Where is the incentive to learn?

Your statement is neutral in content, it can be interpreted many ways, however, after a uncontrolable jibe I will get serious.

I have HOPE in who might be our first Black African-american President. The CHANGE he will bring will destroy what is left of our Constitution. Regrettably Hillary and Mc Cain are no more encouraging. So what alternative is there?

Two BC Servers ago there was a subject titled "Am I being paranoid?". It was posted just before Canada Currency for the first time was worth more than the US dollar.

The post dealt with who was manipulating the downfall of our economy and who will benefit. Like all posts we put here looking for debate what was positted was ridiculed.

The ability is inherant but who wants to learn? Those who depend on Government handouts? Those who are Indoctrinated in Schools and rather follow the path they are led to rather than take the hard path of Intellectual Honesty?

Why not take the ethereal path of HOPE and CHANGE with the insubstantial promises? Why Think when thoughts uncomfortable to accept might come to mind?

@

Guest Guest

If you had read the original post in this thread you might have understood that oil prices have remained relatively constant, or even gone down when priced in currencies other than dollars or in sound money.

What that means is the inflation caused by the "Federal" Reserve is responsible for oil prices climbing so high rather than the greedy oil companies.

I realize that this line of reasoning goes against the ideas the mass media have fed us, namely the oil companies are bad and the "Federal" Reserve fights inflation.

Guest Guest

Why not take the ethereal path of HOPE and CHANGE with the insubstantial promises? Why Think when thoughts uncomfortable to accept might come to mind?

@

Good points. I'm still holding on hope. I do fear that things will have to get much worse before they get better.

Guest alan greenspan
If you had read the original post in this thread you might have understood that oil prices have remained relatively constant, or even gone down when priced in currencies other than dollars or in sound money.

What that means is the inflation caused by the "Federal" Reserve is responsible for oil prices climbing so high rather than the greedy oil companies.

I realize that this line of reasoning goes against the ideas the mass media have fed us, namely the oil companies are bad and the "Federal" Reserve fights inflation.

the federal reserve creates inflation. that is fact. you seem to let the oil companies off the hook. while i agree it is not soley their fault, they are involved in collusion and price fixing. that is illegal. would it shock you if the fed and the oil companies are in bed together?

Guest Guest
the federal reserve creates inflation. that is fact. you seem to let the oil companies off the hook. while i agree it is not soley their fault, they are involved in collusion and price fixing. that is illegal. would it shock you if the fed and the oil companies are in bed together?

Rest assured none of us would be shocked at your theory. However we know it is not the collusion you believe at fault. It will not qualm your apprehension and my assurance will not assuage you but long before the PA primary even you will be more optimistic, if you accept what you believe and not the temporary"reporting of horrors" you will hear.

This is a digression and may be blocked as many of our words are but ask yourself. Why?

Do you remember the Ricin incident in (Ri) Sin City? Why was the reporting of it less than that of the Greenville SC postmarked delivery a few years back?

Do you remember maybe reading the one in possesion of the vials was in Hospital and comatose? Did you read he recovered and refuses to talk?

Are you aware his reason for having what he had is "to protect myself"?

We never write here any untruths, but often we write truths that are censored here. That is an acceptable risk because our friend loved Binghampton.

Guest Guest

I do not deny that it seems as though the oil companies are working together to fix prices. It's pretty obvious when you drive down the road and all the gas stations are charging the same price for supposedly different brands.

When the price has apparently decreased when priced in gold and silver it's hard to blame the oil companies for the high prices we are now burdened with though.

Guest Guest-daVinci-*

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the supply of oil is not keeping up with Demand. It's simple. When demand is high and the supply is low - Price increases. When Demand is low and supply is high - price decreases.

We now have China, India and Russia, competing with the US for oil. They are all experiencing a growing economy - with high GDP.

When the price of oil goes up - so does everything else. It has to. In order for businesses to recoup there operating costs they have to charge the consumer more.

Please also keep in mind that the economy is a cycle. There is expansion, peaks, contractions and troughs (think Great Depression). Right now we are in a contraction - however it is not a recession. A recession is when we have falling GDP for two consecutive quarters. Give it another couple of months and then we might be in a recession. Also remember what goes up must come down and vice versa. It's life!

Guest Guest
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the supply of oil is not keeping up with Demand. It's simple. When demand is high and the supply is low - Price increases. When Demand is low and supply is high - price decreases.

We now have China, India and Russia, competing with the US for oil. They are all experiencing a growing economy - with high GDP.

When the price of oil goes up - so does everything else. It has to. In order for businesses to recoup there operating costs they have to charge the consumer more.

Please also keep in mind that the economy is a cycle. There is expansion, peaks, contractions and troughs (think Great Depression). Right now we are in a contraction - however it is not a recession. A recession is when we have falling GDP for two consecutive quarters. Give it another couple of months and then we might be in a recession. Also remember what goes up must come down and vice versa. It's life!

What you have described is the Business Cycle. It is created by the "Federal" Reserve. The "Federal" Reserve creates the booms by setting interests rates below their natural level dictated by the market. This causes malinvestment. The bust phase of the cycle is a result of the malinvestment. It is a correction that takes place.

The bust phase we are experiencing presently is bound to be one of the worst ever because the "Federal" Reserve and others have refused to let the bust cycle happen. They are only prolonging the inevitable and in doing so are making the approaching bust even worse.

If we had a free market and sound money the boom and bust phases of the Business Cycle would be greatly reduced.

@

Guest alan greenspan
I do not deny that it seems as though the oil companies are working together to fix prices. It's pretty obvious when you drive down the road and all the gas stations are charging the same price for supposedly different brands.

When the price has apparently decreased when priced in gold and silver it's hard to blame the oil companies for the high prices we are now burdened with though.

we are by far the largest consumer of oil. we pay in dollars. you can say if that or this but it doesn't matter. that isn't reality for us right now. believe me, if we decided to change to paying in some other form, the oil companies would also make a change. you can't be that naive.

Guest Guest
we are by far the largest consumer of oil. we pay in dollars. you can say if that or this but it doesn't matter. that isn't reality for us right now. believe me, if we decided to change to paying in some other form, the oil companies would also make a change. you can't be that naive.

The reality is that less than 100 years ago the American dollar was equal to 1/20 of an ounce of gold. The reality is through the passage of laws the dollar is now a worthless piece of paper. The reality is it won't be long before foreign nations won't accept our worthless paper for their commodities since the "Federal" Reserve is creating so many dollars out of nothing, i.e. inflation. The reality is I started this thread with the hope that some people will read it and understand the reality of what our government and the "Federal" Reserve are doing to their currency.

@

Archived