The overlooked humour in this story

Guest Leroy P. W

Guest Leroy P. W

A friend near Murphy laughingly brought this to my attention.

I thought there were no gangs in Broome County? All crimes are simply "isolated incidences"?

Either the Elected officials are lying, or this Reporter should be fired for telling the truth.

There was a gang related shooting on March 9 in JC:

Three charged in gang-related shooting, robbery

By Debbie Swartz

Press & Sun-Bulletin

Post Comment

JOHNSON CITY -- A gang-related incident involving three people led to a shooting, according to Johnson City police.

Three men robbed a man of a gun, money, a cell phone and a leather jacket Wednesday, and a defendant who suffered a gunshot would to his arm was found the following day at Binghamton General Hospital, police said.

The incident occurred because of the individuals' affiliation with the Blood and Crips street gangs, police said. The gunshot wound occurred while the three robbery defendants inspected the 25-caliber semiautomatic they had stolen, police said. The gun -- which had a defaced serial number -- was recovered from a lock box in a Binghamton apartment, police said.

William T. Curry, 20, Abdul Morrison, 20, and Tamel R. Bowman, 18, were each charged with one felony count of second-degree robbery, police said. Morrison also was charged with one felony count of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, police said. Curry and Bowman are from Binghamton and Morrison is from Johnson City. The identities of the robbery victim and shooting victim were not released.

All three defendants were arraigned in Village of Johnson City Court and sent to the Broome County Jail pending county court action. The investigation is ongoing, police said, and further arrests are pending.

During the investigation, the Johnson City Police Department was assisted by the Johnson City Fire Department and Public Works Department and City of Binghamton Police Bureau.

A friend near Murphy laughingly brought this to my attention.

I thought there were no gangs in Broome County? All crimes are simply "isolated incidences"?

Either the Elected officials are lying, or this Reporter should be fired for telling the truth.

There was a gang related shooting on March 9 in JC:

Three charged in gang-related shooting, robbery

By Debbie Swartz

Press & Sun-Bulletin

Post Comment

JOHNSON CITY -- A gang-related incident involving three people led to a shooting, according to Johnson City police.

Three men robbed a man of a gun, money, a cell phone and a leather jacket Wednesday, and a defendant who suffered a gunshot would to his arm was found the following day at Binghamton General Hospital, police said.

The incident occurred because of the individuals' affiliation with the Blood and Crips street gangs, police said. The gunshot wound occurred while the three robbery defendants inspected the 25-caliber semiautomatic they had stolen, police said. The gun -- which had a defaced serial number -- was recovered from a lock box in a Binghamton apartment, police said.

William T. Curry, 20, Abdul Morrison, 20, and Tamel R. Bowman, 18, were each charged with one felony count of second-degree robbery, police said. Morrison also was charged with one felony count of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, police said. Curry and Bowman are from Binghamton and Morrison is from Johnson City. The identities of the robbery victim and shooting victim were not released.

All three defendants were arraigned in Village of Johnson City Court and sent to the Broome County Jail pending county court action. The investigation is ongoing, police said, and further arrests are pending.

During the investigation, the Johnson City Police Department was assisted by the Johnson City Fire Department and Public Works Department and City of Binghamton Police Bureau.

Sorry I do not find any humor in any kind of shooting!

@

Guest Guest
Sorry I do not find any humor in any kind of shooting!

@

Really? Why not? Sure there is sorrow to be had knowing the person shot lived but what the heck, .....

Does the reporting not amuse you? How often do you see local press acknowledging there is a crime not classified a isolated incident?

@

Really? Why not? Sure there is sorrow to be had knowing the person shot lived but what the heck, .....

Does the reporting not amuse you? How often do you see local press acknowledging there is a crime not classified a isolated incident?

@

Really? Because there is no humor in someone getting shot! If you think otherwise, seek help immediately!

Guest Guest
Really? Because there is no humor in someone getting shot! If you think otherwise, seek help immediately!

So when one tries to alleviate the pain of another friend being killed by angrily posting on a message board such postings should be tolerated and understood?

Not a trick question. Not an insult. Just a fact.

Guest Guest

I always find peace and laughter when a DELETED dies.

You can tell by the names alone they were DELETED.

Adios, muchachos. You won't find any tears here. Only big, BIG smiles.

Guest Guest

The untimely cessation of any human life causes a shared sadness among us. On a personal rather than shared level the passing of what you define as DELETED does bring contentment.

The loss of one who placed Country above Family and God, knowing his chances were 50-50 brings out first anger. After the anger is under control then laughter and smiles in remembrance come. The macabre humour may seem morbid to some, but not to those who know we can be next.

Yes Billy, there is necessity in laughing at irony and injury to others. Not due to hatred, respect for and love of Life shows the humour of death.

This is probably a paraphrase but a wise or crazy man once said, "Of course I am crazy at times, it prevents me from going insane."

Archived